Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/02/2008  (Read 33179 times)

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/02/2008
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 10:54:43 PM »
Using poor-man's screen capture (Prt Scrn + MS Paint), I was able to get this:
[see original post for image]

Who is the lady that is looking through the window? When I was there back in January I heard the name Lynn said, but I don't know for sure. I just remember she did a lot of stuff, from handing off the mic to the model before Drew's name is announced to "modeling" the door prize given away at the end of the show. How long has she been with the show?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:00:07 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »
  Lucky Seven:  A contestants bad choice lost this one.  You never guess really high or really low unless you are really sure.
Since when was 7 'really high'?  I guarantee you wouldn't be saying that if the third number was 9 instead of 2.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:44 PM »
Price Fan Armadillo,

I meant to say that its normally "bad news" to guess really high or really low in Lucky Seven early in the game.

I MEANT NO HARM TOWARDS THAT CONTESTANT.  

Most times, guessing a 3-5 when you arent sure of a number normally leads to a better result, as it gives you more room for error, versus  7-9.

Thanks for reminding me "how to properly word my thoughts", which is hard for a dyslexic like myself.

God Bless,

Keith
4-10-08
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:44:17 PM by 2008nowandthen »

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 12:32:35 AM »
A note to future The Big Wheel Spinners:  Get an idea of which numbers you will "stop or stay on".   Before you go to the show.  Its tiresome watching people poll the whole dang studio..lol.  Make a decsion, sink or swim. 

I agree.  It's like asking the audience which shell has the ball under it or where to place the Plinko chip--the audience has no idea!  Two people will most likely have different ideas on when to stay and when to spin.  This decision is one in which the audience cannot be of any help, and it's foolish to look for the audience in situations like this.

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 04:15:44 AM »
I thought Drew's handling of the end of Master Key was pretty bad. The contestant put the 2nd key into the cradle and won...then, without any suspense or excitement, he says, "put it in the truck just in case"

Otherwise, great job.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:20:19 AM by Dietevil »

Offline alphaman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 04:58:18 AM »

I noticed the new production box. I wear glasses so I dont have the best eyesight in the world but is there a "trick window " in the production box?.   It blended in so well with the rest of the set.

I agree, Drew was awesome today.   

Grand Game was fun, good to see it won.  The showcases both had 2 close bids, even though one was over.

Master Key was quite expensive today.  Winning that much in prizes, I can see why she wasnt too sad to lose the car.

Props to Drew for recognizing Carol for her recent daytime emmy award win, things like this make TPIR have the "family appeal" that is has.  When I was little, I always thought that Bob was indeed family to the models and Johnny. :P

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
I've noticed the new producer's wall when we saw Fingers make a little peek. We see you, Kathy.  :-P I love it!!!

Clock: Is it me or has Drew gotten a little overbuzzed when saying "higher" or "lower" in this game. I mean, Sure he wants everybody to win. But for pete's sake, A million dollars is not at stake here.  :oldlol: Good win, though.

Master: Too bad the truck wasn't won.

Before IUFB #3: It's an honor to meet the only Emmy winner this year. She deserves it all for this marvelous work. :-)

Grand: A very simple $10K win!!!

Freeze: I definitely would'nt have gotten this one.

Clearance: The 1st prize I got. The rest.....Well..... :roll:

Lucky 7: Another one of those "Guess High, Guess Low, or Whatever" playings. Too bad.

Showcases: I would've bid around $30K for the Convertible showcase. Sad to see it overbidded by a few thousand dollars.  :-(

A 3-star show.

Offline ntpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
I have a theory on the set change in Master Key that Frank brought up. I'm assuming t hat after so many years of swinging keys, that somehow when the game spun around on the turntable, a key would be slightly askew. The contestant sees this and thinks it may be the Master Key and/or the dud key because it is not like the rest. Granted, the staff would never EVER hint or try to convey which key is which, but the contestant may have it in his/her head differently. I don't see it a bad thing.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
you guys are CRRAAZZEEEEE

All this talk about the asterisks and the "box" and no one else noticed or mentioned what is ALSO A GONER

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »
By that you mean that there is no on-stage slate of pricing games anymore, right?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
As much as I hate to see the production area get "concealed" by the extra turntable panel, it's not that bad of a change.  This season, we have seen more of this area than any time before, thanks largely in part to the jib camera.  This is an area that not supposed to be shown.  By concealing it, the set looks more appealing in this direction.  Sure we will miss the occasional shot of Roger & Co., but to the TV audience it looks a WHOLE lot better than dangling cords, papers, wires, screens, etc. 

AND, I'm glad that the slate is gone (or hidden) also.  I hate spoilers while I'm watching, and sometimes my eyes can't help but to wander...

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
you guys are CRRAAZZEEEEE

All this talk about the asterisks and the "box" and no one else noticed or mentioned what is ALSO A GONER

The Slate?

I wonder if they moved it to the other end of the stage by Rich?