Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/07/2008  (Read 24745 times)

Offline priceguy37

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/07/2008
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »
Hi. I'm new here and I'll just like to say that I am truly honored to be one of the newest members of golden-road.net, the best fan site of THE BEST GAME SHOW OF ALL TIME!!! If it's all right, I'll like to tell you all a little bit about myself:

Favorite Pricing Game: Golden Road  :D
Favorite Type of Prize: Chevy Corvette  :D
Favorite Money Game: PLINKO!!!  :mrgreen:

Thank you for letting me share a bit about myself. Now, without further adeu, let me give my first ever thoughts about today's game:

Shopping Spree: Great Playing. I just knew that the bistro table heater couldn't cost that much. :-)
Safe Crackers: OUCH  Maybe better luck next time.  :-(
Pathfinder: I would have gotten stuck on the 3rd number. Those 1s can be pretty tricky.
Squeeze Play: Both the 5 and the 9 looked right. I think I would have gone with the 9 though.
Grocery Game: OUCH So Close...
Money Game: A great contestant and a great win.  :D
Showcases: Judy really deserved to win her showcase. She was an absolutely wonderful contestant.
Sikes' overall view of today's show: Not a bad show overall. Some good contestants and a few nice wins.

Thank you one and all for letting me join golden-road.net. I promise to be a good member and stay strong and true to the Price is Right as long as it stays on the air. :D

J. Sikes

P.S. The reason why I am called "priceguy37" is because 37 is my lucky number, just in case anyone was wondering.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:58 PM »
Incidentally, did Shopping Spree and Safe Crackers seem like an odd way to start the show to anyone else?

I did too Steve. Seeing Spree and Safe back to back was somewhat weird, almost like seeing Clearance Sale and Safe Crackers back to back as well, which I believe occured a few seasons back and ironically the 3rd game that day as well was Pathfinder.

Offline radioinsomnia

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 12:44:19 AM »
What the...why the heck did they air Thursday's show?!  Cripe, I hope CBS isn't starting this crap again...

I sure hope not!  I have been expecting them to air 4412K on Tuesday, since I was in the audience for it.  This concerns me a little.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »
There were a lot of good jokes from Drew today. The "party over the weekend" one, and "Brought To You By Fire". There was one other one I was cracking up at too, but I can't remember what it is.

The elderly lady who played MG was just so overjoyed to be playing, and play she did. Caught on to what might be Roger's last front-and-back trick. (I wonder if Fingers will use The Dob's old tricks on Money Game next season, or if she'll come up with some of her own. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.) When she was in contestant's row, I found it amusing that rather than use the microphone, she preferred to cup her hands around her mouth and shout the bids at Drew.  :oldlol:

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 02:32:27 AM »
That's interesting that GROCERY GAME used the "tenor buzzer" to signify a loss. For those LFAT's that's the buzzer they used for a long time from the early Bob Barker and Dennis James versions to the mid 80's before they used the "bass buzzer". I'm only hoping when Fingers becomes the boss that they don't take away that great "bass buzzer" aka MRRRP!

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »
Yeah, I could tell this was out of order. Squeezy and Money were both just played Friday.

Shopping Spree: Fairly easy.
Safe Crackers: I really thought it was 690, but then again, I'm not very good at this game.
Pathfinder: Dreadful. She played it so poorly I was actually screaming at my TV.
Squeezy: Had it right on.
Grocery Game: Not an easy loss. I was thinking 6 cereals (which would have won)
Money: First number was easy. Wasn't thinking 36 for the rest.

SC1: Just went over on this one. Think I overpriced the Italy trip a bit.
SC2: That trip to Germany must have been $$$$$$$. Something must have been, anyway.

Only 8 left!
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline theworstboy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
Big surprise! I met the one-toothed "54 TODAY" guy in line, and when I saw him in the crowd on today's show, wearing the same shirt, I immediately thought, "Oh, that bleedin' liar!" Because, of course, there was no way that they'd air Thursday's show today.

When I saw my own big yellin' mug in the audience, I realized what was going on.

During the commercial after Squeeze Play, Drew asked Roger if it was peculiar to have double numbers. Roger sort of shrugged and said it wasn't that unusual.

A few months ago, I pointed out the season number in Money Game to my wife. As much as I've come to expect front-and-back, I never expected to see the 36 used in the price.

Drew had his bandage changed during the show, explaining that since his angioplasty he's on blood thinners, and doesn't heal as well.

Drew said that Trelena was broken up over not winning the Mercury Milan, and he wasn't kidding. She was crying, hard-core, and only just regained composure in time for the Big Wheel. During the second half, I noticed she had a wastebasket in front of her, a fellow audience member was fanning her, and a page was bringing her cups of water. No indication of that whatsoever on the air.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »
That's interesting that GROCERY GAME used the "tenor buzzer" to signify a loss. For those LFAT's that's the buzzer they used for a long time from the early Bob Barker and Dennis James versions to the mid 80's before they used the "bass buzzer". I'm only hoping when Fingers becomes the boss that they don't take away that great "bass buzzer" aka MRRRP!

Both buzzers have also been used this year in Most Expensive, Check-Out, Credit Card and More or Less. Well, at least you can't blame Fingers for using the standard buzzer for both wrong guesses in Take Two. Don't worry, MRRP! will still be around, because that's been a part of the show for 36 years, along with the DING! and such.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
Geez, what a way to react to losing on TPIR. Granted, it's probably not the best playing of Pathfinder I've seen (I am sure at least ONE other person has wiped out and never lit the first number, but it's been a while)

She's probably one of those "What will my friends THINK of me for losing this game... I'll never hear the end of it!" It's a GAME, and not one meant to change your life.

Thankfully the cameras didn't catch her bawling on the air, but TPIR is the happiest show on earth, not Queen for a Day.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 09:34:28 AM »
Shopping: That Bistro Table was obvious the "stay away". Good job.

Safe: $690 just wasn't right.

Pathfinder: One of the poorest (but not the worst) playings ever and hearing her reaction after losing made me wonder "What the....?"

Squeeze: $3595 just wasn't right.

Grocery: Poor Dausandra. One more Soup could've made it for her.  :-(

Money: The "front-and-back" trick comes out again. Good job.  :-)

Showcases: Congrads to Judy for coming out on top.

A 3-star show.

Offline theworstboy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »
Pathfinder: One of the poorest (but not the worst) playings ever and hearing her reaction after losing made me wonder "What the....?"

Grocery: Poor Dausandra. One more Soup could've made it for her.  :-(

Well, if she'd listened to me, she would have picked three cans of soup... if not 19 cans of soup right out of the gate. Then again, if they were in the business of listening to me, Trelena wouldn't have needed special accommodations during Act II.

Drew said of my audience performance on a later date, "YOU should'a been up here!" My response? "Hey, don't tell me, tell Stan--I'm trying!"

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »
The Price is Right Season 36, Game #185 (#6,916)

Showcase #1
Treadmill - $1,999
Trip to Rome - $8,754
Electracraft - $21,990

Showcase #2
Bedroom - $10,598
Luggage - $680
Trip to Berlin - $7,793

Your Modeling Scorecard for July 10, 2008
Phire Dawson
Total:  $42,521
What the contestants won:  $10,677, 6