Author Topic: Season 37 Changes  (Read 74136 times)

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Season 37 Changes
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »
Does anyone know yet if the show will be getting a brand new set? If there is going to be, will it be similar to The New Price is Right (1994)?  The Clock Game should now be like the one from NPIR 1994 (Digital beeper).

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »
Let's hope not, especially in the case of Clock Game.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
Does anyone know yet if the show will be getting a brand new set? If there is going to be, will it be similar to The New Price is Right (1994)?  The Clock Game should now be like the one from NPIR 1994 (Digital beeper).

First off, Please make sure you are reading previous posts since we have been discussing this.

And to answer your question, there has been no confirmation of a brand new set. However, they have been considering using the MDS set for the daytime.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Big Man

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »
No, I don't know that, and you don't know that either. Your amazing hyperbole over what are as-of-yet unproven changes (who knows? Maybe Fingers will borrow one of the hubby's golf clubs and go to town on Syd. No one's sure yet) attribute to your fanboy nature and unflinching, rigid, demoralizing nature...

So am I the only fan who wants to keep tradition alive? We are fans of The Price is Right. An American tradition. We are not fans of another Freemantle toy/experiment. Freemantle needs to understand that if they mess with the nature of the show, they will loose the best thing they have.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:19:24 PM by temptation1979ga »
McCain-Palin

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »
I'd love to see tradition kept alive as much as you do, however, I do think that changes CAN be made if they're done in a limited and tasteful manner.  We don't need another TnPIR '94, but at the same time, even Mark Goodson himself pushed for changes over the years.  Granted nowhere the extreme level we may be facing, but they did happen.  Long story short, I'd give my left arm to see the show go back to they way it was when Bob was around, but if they absolutely have to go in a new direction, I hope they don't go overboard and they're dangerously close as far as we can tell.

The actual retail price is...

Offline pacdude

• Walking the Golden Road
  • PacdudeGames.com
    • Pacdude Games
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
So am I the only fan who wants to keep tradition alive? We are fans of The Price is Right. An American tradition. We are not fans of another Freemantle toy/experiment. Freemantle needs to understand that if they mess with the nature of the show, they will loose the best thing they have.

First, I've taken the liberty of removing the unnecessary vowels you've inserted.

Second, do you think I'm NOT a fan of the Price is Right? Because the 6-foot-wide poster of the Big Doors above my bed and the Credit Card prop from the show framed and mounted on my wall would beg to differ. All I'm saying is, you've got to be kidding by thinking that because one person left the show (albeit someone important, I know), the whole thing is going to hell in a handbasket. I bet you dollars to donuts that the show will still have Contestant's Row, Pricing Games, and the famous Losing Horns I hear in my head every time you post.

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »
- A video wall is being integrated into the show beginning the first week of tapings.

Is anything known about the USE of the video wall? Will it replace games or prizes? I'll be VERY disappointed if they remove PG props for a crappy video wall.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »
- Kathy Greco is assuming the role of Producer.  Additional duties will be divided between Co-Producers Stan Blits and Sue MacIntyre, and Associate Producer Adam Sandler.

Is she just assuming the role until a new producer can be found or is she the new producer? The Prof updated his report this evening on tvgameshows.net saying the current producer of Family Feud, Gaby Johnson, or GSN executive and former producer of the Feud, Kevin Belinkoff, are likely candidates for The Dob's replacement.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
Is she just assuming the role until a new producer can be found or is she the new producer? The Prof updated his report this evening on tvgameshows.net saying the current producer of Family Feud, Gaby Johnson, or GSN executive and former producer of the Feud, Kevin Belinkoff, are likely candidates for The Dob's replacement.

He said that those were names mentioned in "speculation on the internet."  I'd sure love to know where -- they certainly haven't been brought up here or on Invision.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
Does this mean that there won't be a special premiere episode again?

They probably will be.  Just because the shows are being taped out of order does not mean there will be no decorated season premiere.  The reason Season 36 didn't have one was because they didn't know which episode would be the first aired.  For Season 37, they do know which one will be aired first and hopefully there will be decorations. Besides, even if there is no celebration, it's no big deal--just like it's no big deal if the design of the Big Doors are changed.  They've changed several times over the past, and this is no different.  Similarly, there have been several seasons with no decorations, and if Season 37 has none, it will be no different than the seasons I just mentioned.

Offline thepriceisright23

• Outside in Line
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
i think they should use the black floor.  the white one is too dull in my opinion.

Actually the black floor would be a great idea.

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »
The only good change basically is Gas Money. A video wall will suck, one SC is bad, and 4 PGs... well i don't like the idea. DismantleMedia wil probably get rid of it by season 38.

That's my .02¢ in the pot . Thank you.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »
Are any of the games being retired?

The only good change basically is Gas Money. A video wall will suck, one SC is bad, and 4 PGs... well i don't like the idea. DismantleMedia wil probably get rid of it by season 38.
I don't remember reading where there will be only one Showcase and 4 pricing games.  That part is merely speculation listed on other websites; John hasn't confirmed it yet; therefore, it isn't happening (and should never happen).

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »
Are any of the games being retired?

I don't think so, at least not yet, but who knows what can happen. If they were smart, they'd rid of Pick-A-Number or some other hideous game.

Also, who's to say that the video wall will be used for pricing games or replace them for that matter. Maybe there going to do a home-viewer thing again, a la Phone Home Game, but this time have the people via satellite. Just a thought.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »
I don't remember reading where there will be only one Showcase and 4 pricing games.  That part is merely speculation listed on other websites; John hasn't confirmed it yet; therefore, it isn't happening
Unfortunately, this is not necessarily a valid line of logic.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.