Author Topic: END of Fireball's Episode 12  (Read 15882 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Fireball's Episode 12 -- SCSD #2
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »
I will bid $29,150.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Fireball's Episode 12 -- Showcase #2
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
$29,150 goes up on the red podium.

*DING*

res, it's time to take a look at your showcase.

res, your showcase takes a trip through the elevator at the "Price Is Right" mall!

We start by going to the second floor--jewelry--where we find this...

*DING DING*

... man's watch!

This stunning blinged-out watch has quartz movement, mother-of-pearl subdials, and a total of 11.5 carats of diamonds.  It's guaranteed to make all of your friends jealous.

Now, it's on to the third floor--furniture--where you can win...

*DING DING*

... a modern chair and ottoman!

From Highbrow Furniture, the Gluon swivel chair with matching revolving ottoman were designed by Marc Newson and are made with flame-retardant polyurethane foam over steel bases with grey lacquer finish.

Fourth floor coming up!  It's the appliances department.  We have this prize on the fourth floor:

*DING DING*

A replica vending machine!

This 1950s replica vending machine holds 81 beverage bottles and can dispense up to nine different brands.

And we finish up on the fifth floor, which is the sporting goods department.  Here, we have this prize:

*DING DING*

An exciting motorcycle!

The Ducati Superbike 1098S streetbike has a powerful 160hp 1,099cc engine and a 6-speed transmission, making it one of the highest performance bikes ever made.

And this showcase full of prizes from our mall can be yours if the price is right!

There you go, res.  Four very nice prizes.  Think about it for a while, then give me your bid.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 12 -- Showcase
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2008, 11:56:06 PM »
I would probably bid $34,567 if I was you res.  :-)

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:49 AM »
That's a nice bike!

Uhmm, I would like to bid $26,000 for mine please.

(Hears audience screaming:   :gotc: )  Who knows?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
$26,000...

*DING*  *main theme 2007*

... and we'll reveal the actual prices of both showcases after this break.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
END of Fireball's Episode 12
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

OK, I know everybody's nipples are getting hard wondering about both showcases, so let's not waste any more time.

goldie, I'll start with you.  You bid $29,150.  The actual retail price of your showcase is...

$30,173!  *audience whoos*  A difference of...

*DING*

$1,023!  Excellent bid!

res, you bid $26,000, much to the disappointment of the audience.  You'll have the last laugh if your difference is better than $1,023.  Actual retail price:

$49,909!  *audience groans*  A difference of... oh, what does it matter?  goldie wins!  *DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*  *main theme 2007*

res, I hope you had a great time on this show.  See you again soon.

goldie, you did it again!  You've played two showcases rounds and you've won both times.  Today, you've won just a shade over $65,000!  Well done!

This is The Fireball reminding you to help control the pet population.  Cut off their damn balls.  Don't forget to join our live anniversary show at the end of this month at the TPIR '08 studio!  Peace!

This is Burton Richardson speaking for "Fireball's Price Is Right", a Mark Goodson television production.

© MMVIII
Price Productions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

JACOB "WHINBABY" WILKEY SEMI-MEMORIAL SHOWCASE PRIZE RUNDOWN

Showcase #1
Frontgate Ceiling Fan - $1,299
Juneau - $2,694
Chrysler 300 - $26,180

Showcase #2
Man's Diamond Watch - $12,880
Highbrow Furniture Newson Gluon Chair/Ottoman - $9,639
Replica Vending Machine - $6,395
Ducati Streetbike - $20,995

Episode 12 Winnings
goldroadfanatic - $65,062
Jnelson09 - $10,215
pathfinder2119 - $5,419
res0xn12 - $3,508
UniquePerspective - $911
Pat45678 - $600

Ep. 12 Notes:

--goldie's lifetime winnings now total $327,479.  He is $54,914 away from surpassing Brian Sternal for all-time winner of "Fireball's Price Is Right".
--This is the first time since Episode 7 that Kourtney did not make it on stage.  He had made it up on each of the last four shows.
--Grand Game is the first game to be lost twice.
--goldie's $1,023 showcase difference is the best showcase difference in the history of this show.

Don't forget--Live Show on August 30 at 7 PM!

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »
great show, without a doubt!
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
I knew it!    I can honestly say now    :gotc:!  Great show, even if I had taken the advice, I wouldn't have won so it's all good.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
Re: END of Fireball's Episode 12
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
fireball, when is your next show gonna be?
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »
It'll be when it is.  He doesn't know, and I don't even know!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2008, 08:42:45 AM »
Due to certain issues at the TPIR '08 studio that have recently arisen beyond my control, the venue for next Saturday night's Episode 13 has changed.  The show will now be done at Junkaholic's Game Room.  If you're not yet a member of Junkie's site and you still wish to participate in the Live Show, you can register for free at http://junkaholic95.proboards83.com/index.cgi?

Thank you.