Author Topic: My PIR Experience  (Read 3985 times)

Offline jewfro18

• In the Audience
My PIR Experience
« on: July 29, 2006, 09:53:26 PM »
No spoilers here dont worry, just as brief a summary i can give....
My friend and I arrived outside the CBS gates at around 12:15 a.m, after being up since 10 am and right after a concert. Basically, we were pretty tired, but we unloaded our lounge chairs from the cab and started speaking to the people in front of us in line...all 3 of them. The first was a man known as Ray Ray who had been in line since 9 pm. The second was a young couple who had attended the show the night before. The next people to arrive were two women from Canada, who had attended PIR in may, waited in line for 9 hours, only to find out the show was cancelled b/c the AC broke. We talked with the people around us and fell asleep for maybe an hour, waking up to well over a hundred people in line. We got our order of arrival slips at 6, then went to get a bagel across the street. I now understand why you question the cleanliness. The bagel was still good though. To make a long story short, we got our name tags and then waited in line to be interviewed. A s excited as I was, I was extremely nervous. The coordiantor asked me where I was from and what I did and I simply told him that I was from Miami and that I got a job for the past 6 months in a bakery to pay for my trip to tPIR. His response was "nice free croissants and donuts", then he moved onto the next person. We waited in the next area for well over an hour, playing games with people pretending they got called on down and people showing any talents they had. Finally time came and we went into the studio which was much smaller than I had thought. We were in the front row, me right next to the end of  where the contestants were sitting. The show was amazing, but very fast and I was unfortunately not called down, but still had an amazing experience. The show will be aired October 16th, Ill be the one in the front row, the kid with the jewfro lol...Anyway I doubt many people are going to read this, but I wanted to post it anyway. Oh, and if there is someone on this site named Marc from New York who attended this taping, I would like to know. Thanks.