Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 56150 times)

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »
Can you say whether the noise was made a person, an animal, or something else?

No, because that would give it away. ;) But you guys are really close!
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »
Deadline is tomorrow! The answer will be revealed if no one can correctly guess it tonight.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »
Okay no one got it, but a lot of you were pretty close.

Here is the answer:

The man was a burglar intent on robbing the house. When he reached the library, he heard a harsh voice say "Hands Up!" When he looked around, he saw a parrot in a cage.

Okay deadline for this one is Tuesday, July 29. And there are four clues. Good Luck!

Two grandmasters played five games of chess. Each won the same number of games and lost the same number of games. There were no draws in any of the games. How could this be so?

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:18 AM »
Quote from: TPIR1990
Two grandmasters played five games of chess. Each won the same number of games and lost the same number of games. There were no draws in any of the games. How could this be so?

They weren't playing against each other.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
They weren't playing against each other.

Very good.

Who said they were playing against each other.

Okay, next!

Deadline: Wednesday, July 30.

Clues: 5

Three women dressed in swimsuits were standing together. Two were sad and one was happy. But the sad women were both smiling and the happy one was crying. Why should that be so?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »

Three women dressed in swimsuits were standing together. Two were sad and one was happy. But the sad women were both smiling and the happy one was crying. Why should that be so?
Were the sad people cardboard cutouts?
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Denials

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
Sounds to me like the end of a beauty pageant (or a scholarship competition).  :)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2008, 12:42:58 PM »
Sounds to me like the end of a beauty pageant (or a scholarship competition).  :)

That sounds about right!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »
Were the sad people cardboard cutouts?

MRRP!

Correct!

It was the final of the Miss World Beauty Contest. The winner always cries. The disappointed runners-up smile because everyone is watching them and they are expected to be radiant and happy.

Next one!

Deadline: Thursday, July 31.

Clues: 3

Good luck!

On a busy Friday afternoon, a man walked several miles across London from Westminister to Knightsbridge without seeing anybody or being seen by anybody. The day was clear and bright. He had perfect eyesight and he looked where he was going. He did not travel by any method of transport other than by foot. London was thronged with people yet not one of them saw him. How?

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

On a busy Friday afternoon, a man walked several miles across London from Westminister to Knightsbridge without seeing anybody or being seen by anybody. The day was clear and bright. He had perfect eyesight and he looked where he was going. He did not travel by any method of transport other than by foot. London was thronged with people yet not one of them saw him. How?

He walked through the storm drains?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:17 AM »
A man died because there was a hole in his suit, but there was no blood near the hole.  How is this possible?

(There are at least four correct answers to this riddle.  See if you guys can get them all.)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
1.  Wearing a space suit, he lost all his oxygen and suffocated.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »
1.  Wearing a space suit, he lost all his oxygen and suffocated.

That is indeed one of the four correct answers.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2008, 08:33:11 AM »
He walked through the storm drains?

Very good.

He walked through the sewers.

Deadline: Friday, August 1

Clues: 4

Good luck!

The boss of a storage warehouse had just arrived at work when one of his employees burst into his office. The man explained that while asleep the previous night he had dreamed that one of the stored boxes contained a bomb that would explode at 2 P.M., causing a terrible fire. The boss was skeptical, but agreed to investigate. After a search, a bomb was found in the area foreseen in the man's dream. The police were called, the bomb defused, and a tragedy averted. Afterwards, the boss thanked the employee sincerely and then fired him.
The sacked man had not planted the bomb, and his prophetic dream had saved the warehouse from destruction. Yet the manager was right to fire him. How could that be so?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2008, 09:15:06 AM »
Was the fired man sleepwalking?
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008