Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 56167 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »
BRB -- any clues on that fourth suit riddle??   :-)

Think of other people in the science field who might wear a full body suit and would die if there was a hole it.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »
Think of other people in the science field who might wear a full body suit and would die if there was a hole it.

Was it:

I)  A bee suit -  a hole caused him to be stung, and he had an allergic reaction to the bee sting.

II) An NBC suit (Nuclear, biological, chemical) -- this is very similar to a hazmat suit, though...  (and perhaps it IS a hazmat suit?)

Offline Denials

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »
Was it:

I)  A bee suit -  a hole caused him to be stung, and he had an allergic reaction to the bee sting.

I was thinking along the lines of a contamination suit, like if a doctor was studying someone with an infectious disease, that had a hole in it and the doctor caught the disease, but I like your idea too - it's something I wouldn't have thought of.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
Of corse he could have had a heart attack and ripped his pants falling down....
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
I lumped together the suits one would wear for radiation and hazardous substances.  I said hazmat suit when obviously the proper term that I couldn't think of was NBC suit.

This is why I said "at least four correct answers" at the beginning:  I did not think of a beekeeper's suit.  It is entirely possible that a bunch of bees could get into the hole, sting the man, give him an allergic reaction, and kill him.

There's still an answer of mine that nobody has said yet.  Think of a scientist in a location a little more... tropical.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »
You wouldn't be referring to a SCUBA suit would you? 
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »
If anyone needs a clue on my riddle, let me know. Deadline is Friday!
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »
1990, I'd like a clue, please!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Okay, 85, here's your clue.

Question: Was this the last puppy?
Answer: No. There were plenty of puppies from all three breeds.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »
Deadline is tomorrow! Get your guesses in and request clues if you need them!!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
You wouldn't be referring to a SCUBA suit would you? 
We've already covered that with the diving suit.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
I'll try to answer the dog one:  Is it possible that the man had a picture of an Alsatian on his T-shirt, more specifically an Alsatian that he used to own but had recently died or run away?

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
I'll try to answer the dog one:  Is it possible that the man had a picture of an Alsatian on his T-shirt, more specifically an Alsatian that he used to own but had recently died or run away?

No, afraid not.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:52 AM »
The man called in advance to say he wanted an Alsatian?

The ten-dollar bill had I WANT AN ALSATIAN written on it in large friendly letters in magic marker? :P

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2008, 09:21:03 AM »
Has the man been in the pet shop before and bought Alsatians?