Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 56139 times)

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:36 AM »
The man has $10 credit with the store, and the Alsatians are the only dogs in the store that cost $20. So when he laid the $10 on the counter, the assistant knew exactly what he was getting.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »
No to both and very close Todd. Here's the answer. Some of you were on the right track though.

There was a price list on the wall. It showed poodle puppies at 8 dollars, Labs at nine dollars and Alsatians at ten dollars. The first man put down a ten dollar bill, so he could've wanted any of the three breeds. The second man put down a five and five singles. The assistant correctly deduced that he wanted an Alsatian.

Deadline: Saturday, August 2.

Clues: 3

A man in a restaurant complained to the waiter that there was a fly in his coffee. The waiter took the cup away and promised to bring a fresh cup of coffee. He returned a few moments later. The man tasted the coffee and complained that this was his original cup of coffee with the fly removed. He was correct, but how did he know?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:10:56 AM by TPIR1990 »
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2008, 10:17:52 AM »
The "replacement coffee" was cold.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2008, 10:25:05 AM »
No.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline Denials

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »
His wife had taken a drink too and her lipstick was still on the cup?

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
His wife had taken a drink too and her lipstick was still on the cup?

Nopsies.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »
He already put cream and/or sugar in his coffee.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
He already put cream and/or sugar in his coffee.

Correct.

He had sweetened the original cup of coffee with sugar. He therefore knew when he tasted the coffee that it was the same cup.

Deadline: Sunday, August 3.

Clues: 4

A man stood looking through the window on the sixth floor of an office building. Suddenly, he was overcome by an impulse. He opened the window and leapt through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. He did not use a parachute or land in water or on any special soft surface. Yet the man was completely unhurt when he landed. How could that be so?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »
The sixth floor was the ground floor, so he just landed on the ground right away.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »
He died while he was falling somehow.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »
The sixth floor was the ground floor, so he just landed on the ground right away.

Close, but no.

He died while he was falling somehow.

Negative. Still alive.

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2008, 08:39:22 PM »
3 men are on a hill. On top of the hill is an outhouse. 1 man was going up to the outhouse, 1 was in it, and 1 was out of it. What are there nationalities?

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2008, 09:02:08 PM »
3 men are on a hill. On top of the hill is an outhouse. 1 man was going up to the outhouse, 1 was in it, and 1 was out of it. What are there nationalities?

I think I heard this before, but I can't think of the answer.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
Quote from: TPIR1990
A man stood looking through the window on the sixth floor of an office building. Suddenly, he was overcome by an impulse. He opened the window and leapt through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. He did not use a parachute or land in water or on any special soft surface. Yet the man was completely unhurt when he landed. How could that be so?

He landed on the 6th floor of the parking garage adjacent to the office building??
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »
The one in the outhouse is European.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16