Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 56137 times)

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:08 AM »
He landed on the 6th floor of the parking garage adjacent to the office building??

Close, but no.

Clues are always available if needed.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2008, 08:58:56 AM »
Did he land on a balcony outside of the 6th floor window?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »
Did he land on a balcony outside of the 6th floor window?

Why?

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
RE - 1990's window riddle...

I have two possible solutions:

- He was on a scaffolding washing windows and he jumped IN the building...

or

- He was on the balcony and (again) jumped INSIDE the 6th floor window.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
RE - 1990's window riddle...

I have two possible solutions:

- He was on a scaffolding washing windows and he jumped IN the building...

or

- He was on the balcony and (again) jumped INSIDE the 6th floor window.

You got the first one. I would have accepted two answers. That first one and the other one I'm about to post below.

He started off outside the window and leapt into the building. Why was he outside? He could either have been on the ledge contemplating suicide or he could have been the window cleaner.

Next one--The last of the easy riddles.

Deadline: Monday, August 4.

Clues: 4

Good luck!

Four men met every Thursday lunchtime at the Turkish Baths. Joe, a musician, always brought his personal cassette player so he could listen to his music. Jack, a banker, brought a thermos containing a drink. Jim and John were both lawyers and brought paperback books to read.
One day in the mist-filled room, John was found dead from a deep wound through his heart. The police were called immediately. They questioned all three suspects, but no one said that they had seen anything happen. A thorough search was carried out, but no murder weapon could be found. What happened?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2008, 12:28:58 PM »
OK, I think I can get this one... Was the murder weapon made of ice?
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
Quote from: Jnelson09

I was thinking the same thing.  Jack's thermos contained an icicle or some type of sharp, pointed ice weapon.  He used it to murder John, and when the ice melted, so did the weapon.

Either that, or one of those little alien things burst out of his chest!!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

Righto. John was murdered by Jack, who brought an ice dagger into the Turkish Baths in his thermos flask. The dagger melted away after the murder leaving no clue.

Now for the Moderate Riddles!

Deadline: Tuesday, August 5.

Clues: 0!!!! DUM DUM DUM!

Anthony and Cleopatra are lying dead on the floor in an Egyptian villa. Nearby is a broken bowl. There are no marks on their bodies and they were not poisoned. Not a person was in the villa when they died. How did they die?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
They died of natural causes?

Or there was a flood?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »
Anthony and Cleopatra are lying dead on the floor in an Egyptian villa. Nearby is a broken bowl. There are no marks on their bodies and they were not poisoned. Not a person was in the villa when they died. How did they die?

They're goldfish. The cat knocked their fishbowl over and it shattered.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
Nobody figured out the last suit with the hole in it, so I will give ya'll the answer.

I figured that "tropical" would've led one of you to think of volcanoes.  A volcanologist wears a heat suit when studying on a volcano.  One hole in that suit would cook the scientist in a matter of seconds.

So the five correct answers were space suit, diving suit, nuclear-biohazard-chemical suit, beekeeping suit, and heat suit.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »
They're goldfish. The cat knocked their fishbowl over and it shattered.

Good job!

Anthony and Cleopatra were goldfish. They died when their bowl was knocked over by a rather clumsy guard dog.

Deadline: Wednesday, August 6.

Clues: 2

Good luck!

Five men were proceeding together down a country path. It began to rain. Four of the men quickened their step and began to walk faster. The fifth man made no effort to move any faster. However, he remained dry and the other four got wet. They all arrived at their destination together. How could this be so? Note: They only relied on foot power.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »
The 5th man was wearing a raincoat, and the other four weren't wearing any type of coat, so those four did their best to get out of the rain, while the 5th could take longer, since he was wearing a coat and didn't mind getting wet.

or

The 5th man brought an umbrella that could only cover one person.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
The 5th man was in a body bag.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »
The 5th man was wearing a raincoat, and the other four weren't wearing any type of coat, so those four did their best to get out of the rain, while the 5th could take longer, since he was wearing a coat and didn't mind getting wet.

or

The 5th man brought an umbrella that could only cover one person.

I thought this too, but of course this was too easy...so no.

The 5th man was in a body bag.

VERY close!