Author Topic: Yes, another game change...  (Read 42769 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Yes, another game change...
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
As I understand it, when playing Make Your Mark, the $500 now has little to do with game play.

If the contestant loses, they will still keep the $500.

Basically, if you play Make Your Mark, you win $500 minimum.  This once again takes away an integral part of the game.

Discuss...
John

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Yes, another game change...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
Seriously, did any of the people screwing around with the games ever watch the games before they got changed?

All this crap is reminding me of that JibJab video's line, "Like the change we must change to the change we hold dear..."
So long!

Offline Millionaire81

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
Who cares, the game stinks anyway.  This game still boils down to being a drawn out version of Double Prices. 

So someone gets $500 for doing nothing?  I can't imagine why this would happen.  I don't understand why they would waste time and money giving someone $500 just for the heck of it and not having to do anything with game play.  John, are you absolutely sure this has been verified or explained correctly.  I'm not doubting you, I'm just doubting the logic.

Offline ABBA

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
Really???

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »
This is what I have heard from someone who was in the studio.  It does not make much sense to me, either.  Then again, neither do several other changes.
John

Offline pinball777

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:16:30 PM »
Another change for another game. This sort of ruins the game as it was all or nothing, but now you get $500. Not as much risk anymore. Wonder if they'll change this too in the future.

Offline ABBA

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
I'ts possible in that playing they kept the $500.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »
Well, there goes watching the fun the $500 played in Barker's Marker$/Make Your Mark.  It used to be interesting to watch to see the contestant be greedy and keep the $500 when it was blatantly obvious the marker had to be switched.  This also takes away the risk the contestant is faced with in this game.  Guaranteeing someone $500 just takes away the excitement of winning all three prizes or winning all three and $500.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other game changes coming that we don't know about yet and that none of them were well-thought out.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:27:56 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Now, why not just give everyone who gets on stage $500 and keep it, win or lose? This makes no sense to do this in Make Your Mark. Then again, I haven't really cared much for this game since the prop's color was changed to that hideous butter yellow.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
I give up! This is absurd! There was no reason to change the game! There is no point, just no point! Hmph...

It's possible in that playing they kept the $500.

This is true too. I hope this was the case and this is all a huge misunderstanding...yet who am I kidding...this is Fremantle. I'm sure every game will get changed now!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:03:00 PM by TPIR1990 »
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
Do you mean to say that anyone who gets to play this game will now get $500 no matter what? (This is also the case in "Let 'Em Roll," isn't it?)

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
Do you mean to say that anyone who gets to play this game will now get $500 no matter what? (This is also the case in "Let 'Em Roll," isn't it?)

Righto. And how would this be the same case in Let 'em Roll? They aren't given money to start with.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
What the hell were they thinking?!  :oldevil: Even if they lose all 3 prizes they still keep the $500 just for the heck of it. Some consolation. NOT!  :oldevil: This just totally ruins the impact of this game in which they have the opinion of either keeping the marker the way it is plus the $500 in hopes of winning all 3 prizes and the money or switching the marker thus giving back the $500 in order to do that. With all the ridiculous changes going on I doubt this show would even complete a season 37.  :-?

Offline ABBA

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 01:12:22 PM »
Righto. And how would this be the same case in Let 'em Roll? They aren't given money to start with.
Well you win 1 roll automatically,so the minimum you can win is $500. There are no zeroes on the cubes.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »
I didn't mind Check Game's changes. I didn't mind 3 Strikes' changes. But THIS?! This is just stupid. The risk was an integral part of the game!

While we're at it, why don't we let contestants keep the prizes in Temptation, win or lose? Makes just as much sense.