Author Topic: Yes, another game change...  (Read 42758 times)

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
Re: Yes, another game change...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »
I'd really like to know what's going through the mind of the person who came up with this idea.  They just took the fun out of the gameIt would be like seeing all 10 prices in That's TOO Much at once, and then deciding which price is just over the ARP of the car.  I don't think there is a single game in which you are guaranteed a set amount of money.  What made the person who came up with this idea think it was a good idea?

Can contestants still change their mind if they believe they are wrong about the 3rd prize?

Well you win 1 roll automatically,so the minimum you can win is $500. There are no zeroes on the cubes.
However, in Let 'Em Roll, you are guaranteed at least $500, but it is not certain.  Here you are guaranteed $500 no matter what.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »
Well, I don't know what change has been more down right dumb The changes that were made in Three Strikes or Make Your Mark. :roll: :-?

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »
I've really never cared much for this game, but doing this pretty much ruins it.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 01:30:51 PM »
Are you still given the option of giving up the $500 to switch the marker? This might make sense if:

1) You place the markers correctly the first time, decline to switch the marker, and win the prizes plus $500 (same as currently).

2) You place the markers, decide to switch, the switch is correct. You win the prizes but not the money (same as currently).

3) You place the markers (or switch them) incorrectly, lose the game and get $500 as a consolation prize. In that case, the contestant has the choice of keeping $500 or risking it to try to win the prizes. This gives the game a new wrinkle (reminiscent of Let's Make a Deal), but I agree that if you get $500 just for showing up, there's not much point to the game.

John

Offline ABBA

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »
However, in Let 'Em Roll, you are guaranteed at least $500, but it is not certain.  Here you are guaranteed $500 no matter what.
It is guranteed. How could you win less? You either win money,or the car. And you win at least 1 roll. So how could you not win $500 at least. The only difference is that your not guranteed to win cash. Maybe that's what you were referring to.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
3) You place the markers (or switch them) incorrectly, lose the game and get $500 as a consolation prize. In that case, the contestant has the choice of keeping $500 or risking it to try to win the prizes.

I never thought that that could be a possibility. I think I would actually like that better than the original rules.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
Well you win 1 roll automatically,so the minimum you can win is $500. There are no zeroes on the cubes.

Oh that's true! Stupid me!

While we're at it, why don't we let contestants keep the prizes in Temptation, win or lose? Makes just as much sense.

And in Lucky $even, we'll let them keep all seven dollars, what the hell! They aren't a big part of the game. Like I said earlier, let's let them keep all the prizes in Golden Road, even if they're wrong, we're feeling nice today. Or if they get all the chips in Shell Game, they won't have to guess where the ball is, we'll just give the bonus to them! Why not? And in Clock Game, even if they only get one or no prizes, we'll give them the $1,000. I could keep going, shall I?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:05:16 PM by TPIR1990 »
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline ABBA

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:01:57 PM »

And in Lucky $even, we'll let them keep all seven dollars, what the hell! They aren't a big part of the game. Like I said earlier, let's let them keep all the prizes in Golden Road, even if they're wrong, we're feeling nice today. Or if they get all the chips in Shell Game, they won't have to guess, we'll just give it to them! Why not?
Hopefully they won't get that crazy!

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
Hopefully they won't get that crazy!

Oh, they will don't worry! Give them time!

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline ABBA

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »
By the way in Golden Road if they miss a prize,they still get to keep the prizes they won till then.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »
By the way in Golden Road if they miss a prize,they still get to keep the prizes they won till then.

I know, but what I'm saying is. Don't even walk the road, let's just give them all the prizes regardless win/lose.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »
If the contestant loses, they will still keep the $500.

WHAT?!?!?

Well, why don't we just eliminate the swap, then? No point in offering the swap if there's no price to pay for the privilege. Pick the three, reveal, and let the poor sap walk off with an unearned $500 wad win or lose. Nice.

Let's just hope and pray that John got some wrong info here.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
It is guranteed. How could you win less?
I was saying (or at least trying to say) that in Let 'Em Roll, you will not automatically win $500.  You could win $1,000; $1,500; $2,000; etc.  You won't begin playing this game knowing you will win $500.  In Make Your Mark, you will begin to play this game knowing that no matter what you will win $500.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »
Oh that's true! Stupid me!

And in Lucky $even, we'll let them keep all seven dollars, what the hell! They aren't a big part of the game. Like I said earlier, let's let them keep all the prizes in Golden Road, even if they're wrong, we're feeling nice today. Or if they get all the chips in Shell Game, they won't have to guess where the ball is, we'll just give the bonus to them! Why not? And in Clock Game, even if they only get one or no prizes, we'll give them the $1,000. I could keep going, shall I?

What's next, allowing the contestant to keep one or two cars in Triple Play?

In response to the Shell Game idea, this was actually done on the syndicated version of 1985. The bonus for getting all four chips was $1,000, and the contestant didn't have to find the ball to earn it.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »
How about if you win one prize in Any Number (either the car, 3-digit prize, or piggy bank), then you win all three?  Or if you roll the exact number, even once, in Dice Game, then you automatically win the car?