Author Topic: O'Hurley Feud  (Read 7851 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
O'Hurley Feud
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:24:55 AM »
They started taping these in July, does anybody have a scouting report? Such as the set, how John is doing in the new gig, etc. It'll be interesting to see how the 3rd host(since coming back in 1999) does with this one.

Personally, I think Ray Combs and Richard Dawson were the hosts for this hands down.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: O'Hurley Feud
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 07:09:11 PM »
A good friend attended the tapings of the first shows for the new season and gave me a teaser of what to expect.  He was very impressed with the changes done, both host-wise and physical changes.  John's a little nervous for the first show, as should be expected.  Everything was much smoother in subsequent shows.

I wish I could give you more info, but my friend gave me very limited info.  He said to be surprised for the better come September.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »
And I'm guessing Burton Richardson's still in the booth?

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
Our good friend Mandel had this to say...

Checked out the a taping of the new "Family Feud" hosted by John O'Hurley on Saturday. I'm not going to spoil things, BUT I have a really good feeling about this season. The set is a mix of classic and new. There's one thing that returns that I'm sure many fans of the original won't be op-POSE-d too. As I was telling people there, it's feels familiar, but fresh at the same time. And John O'Hurley...he does a really, really good job. It's great to see somebody who can "host" on the show again. He gives the show a touch of class and has a command and authority over the show that's been missing the past several years. He's quite a nice guy too who seems geuninely enthusiastic and excited to be hosting the show. Definitely keep an eye on this one when it returns in September.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:21:39 AM »
Wow, I'm getting really excited to see Feud now...and that's something I don't think I've ever been able to say about the current run.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 12:22:16 AM »
Ah, I get the feeling one of your capitalized words, Marc, might have a slight "Card Sharks" twist to it? This will be truly interesting. And I'm getting the feeling that GSM set was used for this version also?

• In Contestant's Row

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 03:25:46 AM »
I am curious about this.

If the theme is heard in the studio, what was it? A touch of classic or totally new?
I support The Price is Right.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »
I wonder is this going to be like bert's family feud.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 01:27:18 PM »

kinyo wrote:
I wonder is this going to be like bert's family feud.

Bert who?  Nobody named Bert has ever hosted Feud.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »
Bert's Family Feud is the Australian version of the show.

You can find a few nice clips of the show here.

Offline RatGnawedCheez

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 12:22:58 AM »
From what I've been reading, the new set pays homage to the Dawson set while still looking contemporary, and the classic intro will be returning.  However, the Karn music will be carried over, and Burton will still be the announcer.  

I'm really looking forward to the new season.  I have confidence that between O'Hurley's hosting style (I heard he's been doing really well) and the retro looks, the charm that's been missing from this incarnation of the Feud will return!

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 01:00:09 AM »
For those that would like a sneak peek at the new set will look like, check it out here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sk8rsherman/195049761/

All I can say is, wow!

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »
I like that set.  It feels like Family Feud 2006.  I'll have to check out this version with John O'Hurley hosting.  I've always been a fan of his.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »
The set is very very cool!  The board reminds me of the one of the second Dawson era from 1994-95 (which was also cool-looking).
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."