Author Topic: Super Bowl Predictions!  (Read 6941 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Super Bowl Predictions!
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:24:15 PM »
What's up guys?

Training camp in the NFL is upon us; that means that football season is not too far away from here.  The question is simple:  Which team has the best chance of representing the AFC and NFC in Super Bowl XLI, and who do you think is gonna win it all?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
My Panthers over the Colts. It's pretty much Super Bowl or bust for us.

Offline childd82

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »
My Miami Dolphins over the Dallas Cowboys, 24-17.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 02:40:49 PM »
Welcome aboard, childd82!

Oh yeah, just to let everyone know, my DALLAS COWBOYS over the CINCINNATI BENGALS 27-17.  No one's gonna stop T.O.!!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
Even though I am a Patriots fan, I predict that the Steelers and the Seahawks will be in the Super Bowl again, and the Steelers will win 9-7.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 03:26:19 PM »
...isn't it a little early to try to guess who's going to win?  I mean, heck, at this point, I could just as well say that the Saints could--no, will make it!  No reason to believe otherwise yet.

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:43:09 PM »
GoldenBulldog, who do you have that's going to stop 85, Chad Johnson?  T.O. needs to learn to keep his pie hole shut first.  That's what got him out of Philly...

WHO DEY!

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »
Watch this...

My Browns WILL NOT make it to the Super Bowl.  I'm not a homer, just a realist.  If the Browns go 8-8, I will be quite happy.  I had 'em at 9-7, but losing All Pro center LeCharles Bentley hurts a lot.

For the Super Bowl, I'll take the Chiefs and the Giants.  They're two unconventional picks, to say the least.  I don't see either the Steelers or the Seahawks returning.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »
As of now, I think the Redskins and the Chiefs will make the Super Bowl. However, it'll probably change as the season gets closer.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 10:21:23 PM »
My preliminary instincts would say it'll end up as Indianapolis vs. Carolina, although this can easily change.  Whoever ends up on top of the NFC East (seeing how they're all packed strong, whoever does emerge on top there will have earned it) will be a good dark horse candidate.  Denver looks like the alternate choice in the AFC, seeing how they can always seem to reload every year.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »
Hmmm...  

-The Colts go 14-2 and make it to the division playoff, where Peyton Manning throws six interceptions en route to a 42-14 loss, then his head explodes on the field during the third quarter.

-In spite of Sean Alexander going out in week 3 due to the Madden curse, the Seahawks get to the playoffs.  They end up thoroughly trounced in their division playoff game, followed by six months of Seahawks fans spouting off wild conspiracy theories about the refs.

-By week eight, Terrell Owens will have not only overstayed his welcome, but will lead the Dallas police on a low speed chase down the freeway in a white Hummer H2, to national television coverage.  The Cowboys end up 4-12.

-I have absolutely no idea who is going to end up in the Super Bowl.  I'll say it will probably be two teams absolutely nobody will expect to be there.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Ya heard it here first!  Bank that!  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Aaron A. Camp

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 07:35:47 PM »

strongbad wrote:
T.O. needs to learn to keep his pie hole shut first.  That's what got him out of Philly...

Amen, strongbad.

Vexorg wrote:
Terrell Owens will have not only overstayed his welcome, but will lead the Dallas police on a low speed chase down the freeway in a white Hummer H2, to national television coverage.

Oh God, not this again...

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 09:30:31 PM »
Or perhaps that F5 tornado experts are warning will hit Dallas in the near future will land on his house and blow him off to Oz ("I'll get you, my handsome, and your little signing bonus too!")  

Honestly I wouldn't be amazed if something does go wrong; it seems that anyone who's left Philadelphia in a huff the last few years has fallen absolutely flat elsewhere, if they've even played at all (e.g. Troy Vincent, John Welbourn, Freddie Mitchell, Jeremiah Trotter for a while, and Corey Simon might well join the club if he doesn't step up).  Coincidence?  You decide...

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 04:26:29 AM »
New England over Dallas.