Author Topic: Game shows that should be home games  (Read 5315 times)

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
Re: Game shows that should be home games
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
WAIT, WAIT... I have coupons!!   :oldlol:

Wasn't that a rejected show from NPR?   :lol:
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline OCSO407

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »

Wasn't that a rejected show from NPR?   :lol:

LMAO!!  :oldlol:  I think so... no one actually believed the contestants when they "said" they had a $1.00 off coupon for Pledge dust spray... it went downhill really fast... really ruined NPR's game show career for a long time...

OK, OK... (still laughing)... back to the topic at hand... did NBC make a "Blockbusters" home game?  I have the 80's British version in my collection, and don't recall the American version having one... The British one plays very well...
"I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »
Yes, they did make a Blockbusters home game based on the Cullen version back in the early '80s.  The only issue I know of that game is that the Gold Run can only have one-word answers on the board instead of multiple ones.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:52:27 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline OCSO407

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »
The British version is kind of the same way... the box says there is a card game set that was for the "Gold Run", sold separately, of course...
"I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
Actually, about Supermarket Sweep, my sister and I were such big fans of the show that we had two ways of playing it...

-We made our own board game, a basic die-rolling game with different paths, where every square was a different product. We added special squares for $300 Movie trivia questions, Alphabet Game, Market Madness, etc.

-But the real fun was when my sister had a ton of plastic play food, which I would hide all over the house, and then she'd shop for it in a plastic shopping cart. Ridiculous, I know, but one of the most fun experiences of our childhood.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
1...I used to have delusional fantasies that my father the woodworker would let me have hundreds of his pieces of material he was going to MAKE stuff from and let me make a Money Maze in the yard or basement

2.  But on that hilarious and good Supermarket Sweep story-- I have posted this before in the past.. but me and friends and also all my cousins at Grandma's  .. did we JUST play the TPIR home games?   NOoooooo

We had to START by everyone had to go to the end of Grandma's hallway where the only bathroom was-- and then  you had to get your name called and COME ON DOWN.. and run through the house -- often flattening  unsuspecting family members  trying to get to the toilet, as my Grandpa would call the bathroom.

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
Two words: Russian Roulette.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
One show that could be a home game format...Jackpot!

Offline calhoun24

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
Match Game...I know there's a DVD version, and there was a version a very long time ago, but there are games out there that can be produced for a mature group of players...  I think it can be done.