Author Topic: Rosie got locked?  (Read 4510 times)

Offline alohadave

• Outside in Line
Rosie got locked?
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:11:06 AM »
I know I'm new and just learning to maneuver my way through these boards, but I was so disappointed to see that the recent "Rosie's demands" thread got locked. Why? Too controversial? Not enough replies? I though it had several insightful and well written points of discussion going on.

I really seriously wanted to know if Rosie believed that it was possible to produce more than two episodes of Price in one day when she supposedly submitted that demand. It's just so unreasonable an expectation.

And I also wanted to say that I also, strictly as a joke, to stir up some interesting conversation, suggested, a few months back, on those "other" boards, that Price should use male models. Of course I knew this would never happen but I was curious to read people's reaction to the suggestion. Boy did I get an earful. Much more so that the replies to that notion that seemingly led to the locking of that thread here.

Just my two cents. I love Rosie but I also believe she would have been a horrible choice to host The Price Is Right.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:14:08 AM by alohadave »

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Re: Rosie got locked?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 05:24:46 AM »
It is ok to continue the discussion here, but it's quite obvious why the last topic got locked.  Don't let it go that way again.
John

Offline alohadave

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
Actually it wasn't obvious to me, that's why I was inquiring. It seemed like a good discussion was suddenly shut down because somebody asked for no further comments to be allowed.

Anyway nobody replied here so I guess it doesn't matter. Old topic matter, I guess.

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »
The short answer as to why that topic got locked is because it degenerated into a senseless and overly personal argument, and I take partial responsibility for not putting a stop to it when I had the chance.  With the snark level around here being what it is, it's probably best that this particular topic not be resurrected.
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:18:23 AM »
I doubt a thread would ever be locked because no one responded to it--only if after 30 days somebody responded to a thread.

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »
The thread was locked at my request since I started it and it turned into a gay bashing thing. I felt it was not acceptable therefore had it locked.

No one had any responsibility (partial or not) It was not the direction it needed to go so I had it shut down.

Just to add on to what Erik said, check out the last few posts before it was shut down. It had deviated so far away from the original topic that nothing really productive related to a Price is Right discussion was taking place, in my opinion. If other moderators had felt much differently, they could have easily reopened that thread for discussion.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:20:55 PM by temptation1979ga »
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice