Author Topic: More News  (Read 79756 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: More News
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »
Somewhere along the way, I missed something, Steve:  I've read several times about the new opening that was planned.  I've not read that Drew himself nixed it.  Does Drew seriously have enough authority as "just" the host to nix an opening that was produced and paid for and literally ready to go with just a couple of minutes' notice?

Hm...it's possible I misread something John posted.  Now that you mention it, I might be confusing this with the wheel.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Everything's been said, so I only have this to say:

Come Friday, should we learn that every single change we feared is coming true (I'm only saying this half metaphorically) only to have any kind of criticism at all met with "get a life," at that point I'm just giving up.

It seems more and more to me that this place is no longer "discussion of Price is Right" but instead "praise and everything else that isn't criticism of Price is Right." Anyone who steps out of line is slammed down.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline rob01234

• In the Audience
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
It seems more and more to me that this place is no longer "discussion of Price is Right" but instead "praise and everything else that isn't criticism of Price is Right." Anyone who steps out of line is slammed down.

i agree w/ u on that 100%.  i have been slammed down so many times w/ this whole thing.
Never Forget: Superball!!!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
then that's a good sign, is it not?  this could mean that the meeting doesn't concern drew's job or finger's job.

They didn't bring Roger to the meeting where they decided to fire him, friend.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
So someone finally names a legitimate source for something, giving out information that is not-at-all a secret to anyone who's been to a recent taping, and his name suddenly has to be redacted?  If this is the nature of all information that's been posted lately from "anonymous" sources whose names must be protected at all costs, I'm even more skeptical than more.

I thought I clearly explained that the source was confusing two situations as one.  Regardless of who it was, they weren't confirming anything you asked.
John

Offline TPIRfan222

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
I just want conformation as to wether or not this meeting is actually happening.

Offline rob01234

• In the Audience
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »
well now that i think about it, it would make sense for them not to be invited. but still we should stop panicking.  im sure if it was that major of a change we would've heard it on Entertainment Tonight or somethin'.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
well now that i think about it, it would make sense for them not to be invited. but still we should stop panicking.  im sure if it was that major of a change we would've heard it on Entertainment Tonight or somethin'.

Unless word of it hasn't gotten out yet.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TopDot

• Outside in Line
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »
Hello i heard that they want to replace Drew Carey with a Fresh Young Host

Sources are saying that they been under some heavy negotiations with Tim Vincent To Replace Drew Carey

I'll come back with more updates

Offline rob01234

• In the Audience
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »
what now? who r these sources? r they websites? what r they?

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2008, 09:49:27 PM »
Okay I think this has just gotten completely out of hand.  We can, right now, not worry about Drew being replaced, because they're in the middle of the season.  They are not going to rock the boat now.  If news like that was going around, some gossip or news site would have been all over that by now.  TopDot, I can already tell, you better be ready to name, to an extent, some sources for that, or you're not gonna remain around here long.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »
Hello i heard that they want to replace Drew Carey with a Fresh Young Host

Sources are saying that they been under some heavy negotiations with Tim Vincent To Replace Drew Carey

I'll come back with more updates

This strikes me as someone from one of the other forums thinking this thread would be funny to troll.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline rob01234

• In the Audience
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »

In case anyone doesn't know who Tim Vincent is ('cause I don't), here is a little something about him that I found on Wikipedia:

"Tim Vincent (born Timothy Russell Walker, 4 November 1972), is a Welsh actor and television presenter who is most famous for being a presenter on the popular children's programme Blue Peter between 1993 and 1997. His career has since broadened as a presenter and has presented several Miss World contests and is now based in the United States where he has presented some mainstream shows such as Access Hollywood and Phenomenon (TV series)."

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »
Tim was also a fill-in for Meredith Viera on WWTBAM for a week, and a bad one at that.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
I also heard that Tim Vincent hosted the pilot for the GSN version of Chain Reaction.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."