Author Topic: More News  (Read 79011 times)

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: More News
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:34 PM »
I have seen Todd Newton in action in Atlantic City and there was NOTHING WRONG with Todd!!!!!!!!!!

Todd would be a good host but lets wait until we here for sure before jumping the gun here!

I wouldn't mind Todd (seen him in AC too) but I'm more than happy with Drew.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »
John or Marc - do we have any sort of independent confirmation on this meeting? Not to doubt the parent, as (s)he has posted an accurate account before, but as some have pointed out - (s)he only has two posts.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
It IS possible they may be talking with Drew about his handling of the show. We have discussed some of his shortcomings and strengths many times here, and perhaps they need to discuss how to make him more polished. That being said, I think he's overcome MOST of his weaknesses and is a better fit for TPIR than he was way back in October when he started.

I do think getting rid of Drew would be a HUGE mistake, and certainly bringing back Bob wouldn't improve things. Didn't they learn that when they fired Ray Combs and brought back Richard Dawson? I'll admit I wouldn't mind seeing Bob host perhaps an occasional MDS, but we all know that WILL NOT HAPPEN.

In fact, I think they brought back bikinis and foreign cars and made the changes that HAVE happened so that Bob wouldn't WANT to return.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
Didn't they learn that when they fired Ray Combs and brought back Richard Dawson?

Actually ratings for Feud did improve with Dawson back at the helm, but because of pre-emptions for the O.J. Simpson trial and possible bad scheduling by the stations that carried the show, the ratings hit rock bottom.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:29:24 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Big Man

• In the Audience
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »
I have read the whole thread, and I must be honest. I am shaking in my boots!! I wish to the Almighty that someone, anyone at Dismantle would come to there senses and see how stupid they are acting. I wish they would let me and some of the rest of us attend this s@#t session and tell them what really needs to go down.

1. Drew STAYS!!!! End of discussion.

2. NO CHANGES. They screwed up the set and music enough for Season 36.

3. Hey Syd and Cecile, STOP TRYING TO ROYALLY SCREW AN AMERICAN TRADITION!!!!!! :-x
McCain-Palin

Offline TPIRfan222

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
It's Fremantle they won't listen to us.

Offline Big Man

• In the Audience
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »
Maybe if we b#$ch enough. :clipboard: :clipboard:
McCain-Palin

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »
The last time Fremantle had a "big meeting" about The Price Is Right, they fired Roger.

I can't really see any reason to be optimistic about this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRfan222

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 10:44:39 PM »
This guy I'm talking to on AIM says that Fremantle won't change a thing about the show. He's dead wrong.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
[soapbox]
I challenge you all to ask yourself three questions before you go bananas over something:

1. Does it directly affect my welfare, or tjat of my family or my friends?
2. Does it prevent me from living my life the way I choose?
3. Does it significantly alter my perception of myself in a negative way?

If the answer to any one of those questions is yes, then by all means, do what you must. If you cannot answer "yes" with certainty (not by assumption), the answer must be no.  If the answer is no, then why not stay calm until it's all over and then  just accept the outcome and find a way to be happy? 

Trust me, it's a much better way to live.   It makes for much less stress.

Thank you all, and goodnight.

[/soapbox]
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
Dude, this is a site populdated by people who are obsessed with the show.  Of course we're gonna worry about it.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2008, 11:03:23 PM »
While at this point we have no reason to doubt the original poster here, we also cannot confirm anything other than a meeting possibly taking place.  Unknown when, unknown where.

I highly doubt that there is a need for all this speculation about the host being replaced, but then again it appears that the person who started this thread may have a bit more knowledge than Marc and I.

Let's all take a deep breath.
John

Offline Big Man

• In the Audience
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
[soapbox]
I challenge you all to ask yourself three questions before you go bananas over something:

1. Does it directly affect my welfare, or tjat of my family or my friends?
2. Does it prevent me from living my life the way I choose?
3. Does it significantly alter my perception of myself in a negative way?

If the answer to any one of those questions is yes, then by all means, do what you must. If you cannot answer "yes" with certainty (not by assumption), the answer must be no.  If the answer is no, then why not stay calm until it's all over and then  just accept the outcome and find a way to be happy? 

Trust me, it's a much better way to live.   It makes for much less stress.

Thank you all, and goodnight.

[/soapbox]

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

Are you a fan?
McCain-Palin

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2008, 11:10:19 PM »
Are you a fan?

Yes, he is.  We all react to these things in different ways -- and while I'm clearly reacting to it differently than Season36Fan is, I don't think his reaction is any reason to question whether he's a loyal friend and true.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
I think that's a good point, Steve. We all react to the possibilities here in different ways. Some people take this site and the show more seriously than others. That doesn't mean things aren't in perspective in our lives. After all, this site is about Price is Right, so those types of reactions are perfectly normal and expected here. At the same time, others don't see many things that go on here as that big of a deal, and that's fine too. It's all about trying to see things from the other person's point of view and be respectful of their feelings, whether we agree or not. That's what is so much fun about being a part of this board.