Author Topic: More News  (Read 79319 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: More News
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »
Tim was also a fill-in for Meredith Viera on WWTBAM for a week, and a bad one at that.

Really?  I remember him being pretty decent.

(This is not to say that I want him -- or anyone else -- replacing Drew.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »
Hello i heard that they want to replace Drew Carey with a Fresh Young Host

Sources are saying that they been under some heavy negotiations with Tim Vincent To Replace Drew Carey

I'll come back with more updates

You have one post on this website, it being in this rumor thread; you do not have an established record of accuracy, like nanny who correctly reported Mike Richards became co-executive producer of the show before it was publicly announced. While he/she has only had two posts, at least we have some reason to believe them.

We have no reason to believe you, especially with your really bad grammar and capitalization.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:41:33 PM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2008, 07:38:52 AM »
And it really doesn't make sense...Drew is the "fresh young host" compared to Barker, anyway.

"Fresh young host" to Drew is like Ryan Seacrest or something like that.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
"Fresh young host" to Drew is like Ryan Seacrest or something like that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (lol)

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
Hello i heard that they want to replace Drew Carey with a Fresh Young Host

Sources are saying that they been under some heavy negotiations with Tim Vincent To Replace Drew Carey

I'll come back with more updates

No one has confirmed any of this. And what is a Tim Vincent?
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (lol)
I understand.  I seriously doubt Ryan would take the gig, anyway.  He's already on AI, has a couple of radio gigs, I think he does stuff for E!...

..oh, and it's now called "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest".  Yeah, he doesn't need "Host of Price is Right" on his resume.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
And what is a Tim Vincent?

I think it's the new currency of Zimbabwe.  One Vin-Cent = $375,250,000,000.05 in the old currency.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
I will say this about Tim Vincent, after watching him on Millionaire, I think he'd make a good James Bond.  I say that on the basis of looks only, I don't know if he's acted in any movies.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:28:39 PM by Hag »
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline bingocaller1

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »
I think we all need to day a BIG prayer of Drew today. Let's hope that we don't lose Drew too. Two hosts in one year not a good sign.
What time is this "meeting" today?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »
No, we don't need prayer. What is getting into some of you? There's this meeting. Drew evidently will be there. Big Whoop.

Nowhere else except on this website from a few of you is anyone speculating about Drew's future with Price. I'd think we'd be seeing heavy duty gossip going on in the mainstream if he were on the chopping block. Three is none, so quit worrying.

Offline TheKid965

• In the Audience
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
Nowhere else except on this website from a few of you is anyone speculating about Drew's future with Price. I'd think we'd be seeing heavy duty gossip going on in the mainstream if he were on the chopping block. Three is none, so quit worrying.

New Math?  ;^)

I concur.  If something like that were going down surely we'd have heard something about it by now.  In this case, no news has to be considered good news.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »
New Math?  ;^)

I concur.  If something like that were going down surely we'd have heard something about it by now.  In this case, no news has to be considered good news.

Not necessarily. Wasn't Bob announcing his retirement a surprise?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »
Not necessarily. Wasn't Bob announcing his retirement a surprise?

I wouldn't think so. With Bob's age, everyone had to have been anticipating his retirement sooner rather than later.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
I wouldn't think so. With Bob's age, everyone had to have been anticipating his retirement sooner rather than later.

Not the point.  The announcement itself came out of nowhere.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »
There's a significant difference of opinion about whether Bob was truly ready to retire.  After all, despite Les Moonves' words to the contrary, wasn't there speculation of yet another TPiR lawsuit on the way, and that as a result CBS was "encouraging" Bob to just retire?

Some people say Bob had become stale and less than spry in his old age, to which there's some degree of truth.  But I think he could've gone at least one more year.  

Then there's Bob's statement that he'd rather retire too soon than too late, and then there's the school of thought that doing it that way always leaves people open to seeing you more (in the same way that a cliffhanger ending always brings audiences back).

Either way, his announcement DID seem to come out of nowhere, mid-season.  There had been talk of such a thing for several seasons IIRC but there was no indication that things had taken on a more serious air come Season 35.
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"