Author Topic: GoldenBulldog's Price is Right--"Semi-Budget Mode" MDS (THE END; wpghi5 becomes a MILLIONAIRE!!)  (Read 28336 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
PLEASE READ FOR VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS!

What's up my friends?

"GoldenBulldog's Price is Right: MDS Saluting Golden-Road.net" was a HUGE success, and it ended with Garvin8r winning the most expensive Showcase in Play-Along history--worth $626,726!

Believe it or not, I have finished preparations for my third show.  This show will follow follow the regular DAYTIME FORMAT, with a few exceptions.  That means no Million Dollar Spins this time around; and the automobiles won't be as expensive as in the previous MDS.

As for the rules, they are the same as in my previous MDS.

1. 24-Hour time limit for bids, guesses, spins, etc.
2. Two Misses and yer out, and I don't show mercy when it comes to overbids either!
3. If you miss a deadline during a PG, it will count as an "AUTOMATIC LOSS".
4. I will PM you when I call you down to Contestant's Row; after that, you MUST check on this thread daily!!

I am going to do something a little different for sign-ups this time.  There is a Pop Quiz this time. but it is not mandatory.  It's a little "Extra Credit", and you will get First Four preference if you do take the quiz.  Otherwise, sign-up as normal!
------------------------------------------------------
Pop Quiz!

I will give you a five-question quiz to see how much you really know about me.  The person with the most questions right will recieve a "Platinum Dog Bone"--which is an Automatic First Four Contestant Pass, that you can use for any of my shows in the future.

Here are the questions:

1. TRUE or FALSE:  On my last show, "Anvil Drop" was played just like "Double Prices".

2. TRUE or FALSE:  The first contestant to win one million dollars on ANY of my previous MDS shows was Punchboard91.

3. (This one's a cinch!) What university will I be attending this fall?

4. Name four of the six "Bulldog's Beauties" from my previous show.  (Any wrong name=the whole answer is wrong)

5. In "Live Show 29", I played "Let 'em Roll" for what automobile (make and model are required)?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

As we are aware, the site was hacked yesterday.  So, I'm extending the sign-up deadline until 48 hours from now.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: GoldenBulldog's Price is Right #3--SIGN-UPS!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
What a copycat.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:32:08 PM »
I'll try the pop quiz:
1.True
2.False
3.Texas A&M University - Corpus-Christi
4.Claudia, Phire, Anna, Livia
5.I maybe wrong but I'll say a Ford Focus

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
CrimsonViper wrote:

What a copycat.

Well, ANYTHING is better than just "I'm in!", right?  Don't worry, my quiz is easier than everyone else's.  Now it would be challenge to write lyrics to Splendido, but I thought it would be fun.

EDIT:  As I alluded to earlier, you can sign up as normal; the quiz is just for extra credit.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
I agree that just saying "sign me up" or something like that, but I think a quiz is too much. I prefer asking people to give a caption for a picture.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
I gotta get in on this one...

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
1. True
2. False
3. Texas A&M University
4. I'll get back to you
5. Chevy HHR

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
I have decided to extend the sign-ups until Monday night @ 10:00 PM (CDT).  When the sign-ups close, get ready for some fun and controversy, as only brought to you by Bulldog!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
1. True
2. False
3. Texas A&M
4. Brandi, Shane, Phire, Rachel (Just my guess)
5. Maybe a Chevy Cobalt :-D

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
Twenty-two hours left until the sign-ups close.  

Are you ready for some fun?  Are you ready for some drama and controversy?  Then sign up for GoldenBulldog's Price is Right", and you'll be able to get in on the fun!

BTW, some of y'all actually fared well on my Optional Quiz.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
I have decided to up the ante a little and make this show another MDS, although this show will be under "Semi-Budget Mode"--which is a combination of daytime and primetime prizes!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
OK, I have decided to extend the sign-ups indefinitely, as I will be moving to my new on-campus home at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi on Thursday.  

The show will start at my discretion, once I get at least 9 people to sign up.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Let me in here!

1. True
2. False
3. Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi
4. Phire, Anna, Claudia, Aly
5. Chevy HHR ($16,990)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
I just received my new computer today.  I like it already; this is much better than going to the UNIVERSITY CENTER to use a public computer!!

Sign-ups for my third show will close on FRIDAY, AUGUST 25th @ 10:00 PM (CDT).  So get ready to have some fun and sign up!!  You'll have a blast, I guarantee it.

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: GoldenBulldog's Price is Right #3--"Semi-Budget Mode" MDS (Sign-ups!)
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 11:43:47 PM »
I'm in!

1. True
2. False
3. Corpus Christi Texas A&M
4. Phire, Anna, Claudia, Rebecca
5. Chevy HHR ($16,990)