Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/22/2008 (Season 37 Opener)  (Read 48559 times)

Offline PriceRox

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/22/2008 (Season 37 Opener)
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
2. Please speak for yourself. There's no we here, only you. Don't try and come off as if your opinion is the opinion of everybody, because that's simply not the case.

We means me and my family.  We want to see a quality production.  If we wanted to go to high school, we'd do it all again.

You might find it amusing, but we once again revert to "what has worked" for 35+ years.  This isn't it.

Offline anynumber76

• In the Audience
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
I liked it.  It was reminiscent of Gene Rayburn back in the good ol' days.  And while there's plenty that Price does that gets on my nerves, throwing back to the good ol' days is one thing they could always do more often.

I'm with you Armadillo.  It reminded me of Gene also.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
We means me and my family.  We want to see a quality production.  If we wanted to go to high school, we'd do it all again.

You might find it amusing, but we once again revert to "what has worked" for 35+ years.  This isn't it.

Ok, you should have clarified we then if you meant you and your family. Sorry I misunderstood.

As for the 2nd part, again there were times Bob would have a little fun with his entrances too, not always but on occasion. How is this different from those times?

Offline Howard

• In the Audience
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »
As for the 2nd part, again there were times Bob would have a little fun with his entrances too, not always but on occasion. How is this different from those times?

On occashion!  Just wait it gets worse!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
I thought the recaps at the end of the showcases were weird, but it will probably be something i can get used to that really dosnt take away from the gameplay... Drews explanation of Gas Money was a bit weak, but just like the other games, he'll get better.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »
When was the last time a Jayco was offered on this show?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
We want to watch the show for what it is, not childish antics.  Please!  Keep it "The Price is Right!"

Exactly. Its still The Price is Right. So what if Drew acts giddy like a school girl when he comes through the big doors, or carrying his nephew/godson, or Bob coming out in crutches or totally not being there when the door opens (or even worse - that time when Bob and the models were drunk in the 80s)? It can still be a professional production if the cast and crew have fun with it.

Comparing this to Howie on DoND entering in a thong is a complete fallacy. That would be inappropriate... Drew entering "giddy like a school girl," not inappropriate. If it offends you, might a suggest a sense of humor?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »
I personally liked the shot of the trailor outside CBS television city.

It gives the television audience a visual of the Place where The Price is Right is taped at, and gives us people who have been there a beautiful reminder of just how amazing that building is, and the memories we had there

Offline odiedude

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »
The show seemed a little off-kilter to me. Drew stumbled in his intros and outros (is that normal for him?), he asked a lady twice if she wanted to say "hi" to someone while spinning (she said, "I love everyone!" the second time), and one of the contestants in the Showcases gave his bid before his mic was even activated! Or did the video package of the trailer cut him off?

Otherwise, it was an exciting show to kick off Season 37!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »
yay! the season 37 opener :D

Most Expensive - it looked like triple play to me at first, until they went right to the second car. she shouldve stuck with her instincts and she wouldve won.

Plinko - not too good of a start in the season

Gas Money - i love it. it seems alot shorter playtime than i thought but the concept is nice and that was a suspenseful build up to the win

Sqeeze Play - this was tricky. good job for winning!

Money Game - yay a canadian, and one not too far away :-D tough luck though i did not expect that car to be 29k +

Pick a Pair - easy win and IMO, i dont think this game was suitable for a season premiere unless it was played for something bigger.

Showcases - that trailer didnt look that big to me, but i would have to guess 37' is big. great bid by mary too, she looked like she just took a wild guess

grade: 9/10

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »
I hope to be a much more active participant now that the new season has started.

Basically, the premiere was still the same show it's been for the previous 36 seasons. ...

With all due respect, you seem to be ignoring the reports of less postive changes (which I assure you are accurate) that we'll be seeing around November.

I'm with you Armadillo.  It reminded me of Gene also.

This is very true...but if I want to be reminded of Gene Rayburn, I'd prefer for it to happen on Match Game.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:25:42 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »
Most Expensive Car Edition:  Shoulda went with her gut instinct! :-(
Plinko:  $1,000 is nothing to sneeze at, but it would have been better if he would've hit $10,000 at least once.
Gas Money:  Great win!  :-D  Love the set and the bell they use when there's money on the back of the price that the contestant picked! :-D
SCSD#1:  I like the new Big Wheel set! :-)
Squeeze Play:  Good job! :-)
Money Game:  Too bad! :-(  I thought for sure the back end was 40!  BTW, I don't recall ever seeing a picture of an SUV on Money Game before.  They may have had it before; I just don't remember it.
Pick A Pair:  Nice job! :-)
SCSD#2:  I thought a green section on the Bonus Spin would be $10,000 and the $1.00 on the Bonus Spin would be $25,000, but thanks to Mary winning $1,000, I know for sure now! :-)
Showcases:  That was neat having a prize outside the studio for a change! :-)  Too bad it wasn't won, but neat nonetheless!

Overall, a good start to Season 37, IMHO. :-)
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
they said that there are 37 slots on a roulette wheel, but there are really 38:  the zero, the double zero, and 1-36.

The trip was to Monte Carlo, and in Monte Carlo, the wheel has 37 spaces: it only has a -0-, it has no -00-
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »
So, anything happen over the summer?

HD: Oooooh, like caller id, how do you live without it once you've got it.

Enterance: Goofy, yes. However, if he did the Barker "boxer out of the corner" double fist raise, we would be looking for Syd's blood.

ME: First, find the numbers. Second, that would work as a brilliant Triple Play enterance. Third, know what your dream car looks like.

Plinko: Heck, I dated a girl for a month without knowing her name. You can forget the rules to a 25 year old game.

Gas: Dang good game. Thank you Roger.

SSDs: I dig (HA!) me some new big wheel. In HD no less!

Squeeze: I'm hoping the neighbors' fence to use their spa for the one I would not have won.

Money: Who had 37? Yeah right.

P-A-P: Easy victory.

So, is Penny Ante behind the trailer?

Overall, a good start. Good luck Fingers, Thank you Roger, Drew, study up on Switcheroo, there will be a quiz later!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »
This was an excellent episode!  A whole lot of excitment indeed.

When the cars for Most Expensive were being revealed, I thought that it would be Triple Play with all the cars being revealed and described at once because Drew said they were putting a new twist on an old favorite.  As for the playing, it was pretty much a random tossup.  I didn't think the Impala would be correct but she should've gone with her instinct!

As I said in the discussion thread about it, Gas Money is a nice new addition.  Great to have it won the first time out too. 

It was cool that they used physical pieces instead of graphics for a season number themed showcase.  Also really liked the presentation for the trailer.