Author Topic: October 27 Taping  (Read 6274 times)

Offline tprince

• Outside in Line
October 27 Taping
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:52:14 AM »
Hi guys,  Nice forum going here.  Lots of great people.  My wife and I are going to be in LA on Oct 20-29.   and printed off some tickets from the net for the 1:00pm taping on Oct 27.  We are visiting fom Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  After some reading on this forum i realize we are gonna have to wait in line for a few hours for a chance to get in.  Any ideas on how early we have to be there for a Monday Oct. 27, 1:00pm taping?  I have read that some peopple camp overnight in the parking lot?  Might not be what we can do, but we can definatly get there early early...like 4:00 - 5:00am.  Anyway, I am excited to go, and hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: October 27 Taping
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »
That time frame should be plenty of time.  On normal taping days, virtually no one shows up before midnight, and you won't see more than a few dozen people before 4am.  I'd say you should be able to show up considerably later and get in with no problems, but if you want to be safe about it (and get good seats, since the audience is seated in order of arrival), 5am should be fine. 

I certainly wouldn't want to show up too late and risk not getting in at all, so I personally would show up as early as I could.

(That said, half the fun to me is getting in line at 2-3 am and chatting for hours with others who are just as into the show as I am.  (Well, okay, obviously they aren't quite as interested as a guy with 5200+ posts on this website, but you get the idea.))

Also, another random thought...most of the people camping overnight (like, showing-up-the-day-before camping) were doing so for Bob's final year.  That's obviously not going to be the case today in 2008.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:19:55 PM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
On normal taping days, virtually no one shows up before midnight...

I remember getting front row seats for two 1:00 PM tapings during Season 36 (March 17-18) after lining up before midnight for both tapings.  Man--that was so freakin' sweet!  :mrgreen:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »
Here's the latest update from someone who was at a taping just this past Monday...

Shoot...can't remember the production numbers for certain, but I want to say 4251K and 4252K...

Lines were small...only maybe 100 people in line at 6:00 a.m.  Probably at least 100 people went to both tapings and they still needed about 50 paid audience members to fill all the seats.

Oh, and according to a page, when asked, the picture-taking of all the audience members is done to verify that no contestants are running for public office.  That may or may not be true, I suppose...

There was something else I was going to add, but can't remember it at the moment.

Looks like you can show up a lot later than I indicated.  (I suspected as much, but certainly didn't want to give advice that would run someone the risk of not being able to see the show they loved!)  100 people means you should have no problem sitting in the good seats in the middle if you arrive at 6am.  4-5am will probably put you somewhere in the second or third row.

Also, if you feel like seeing both tapings in one day, that shouldn't be a problem if they're using seat fillers.  Just run out the doors after the 1pm taping ends and get back on the benches at the end of the line for the 4pm taping!

Offline tprince

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
You guys are awesome!!  Thanks for the info, its priceless!!  I will be reading this site daily.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
Wow, I'll be attending the October 27, 4:00pm taping! We were thinking about getting in line around 8:00am.

...Is that too early? We're in a group of 7, and bear in mind we're going to the show the day after my wedding (So who knows how late we'll all be up).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:13:08 PM by CJBojangles »

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »
Dude, there's no such thing as 'too early'.  :)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »
Dude, there's no such thing as 'too early'.  :)

LOL... Good point, Army. I'm just trying to accommodate to my family members who are less-enthused about standing on the sidewalk early in the morning.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »
If you're going to the late taping, and they're still doing things the same way they've been doing it, I'd get your entire group in line at about 5:45am, pick up OOA passes when they hand them out at 6, and ask the pages what time they want you to come back for the 4pm taping.  Plenty of time to get some shut-eye in between, and very few people with 4pm tickets get in line that early, so the seats should still be great.

Offline tprince

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 12:01:58 AM »
Well, I had fun at today's taping.  We got there at 6:00am and got #123-126.  Not bad, we were very happy with that.  We were gonna go to the second show, but it was full.  Oh well.