Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/25/2008  (Read 30272 times)

Offline doctorjpw

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/25/2008
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »
I have a difficult time believing that Drew truly "let her have it" in a mean-spirited, derogatory fashion.  At the taping I attended Drew made GOOD-NATURED sport of contestants who lost their game.  He's a comedian, he makes jokes.  But some people can't discern the difference between a joke and a dig...it's in the eye of the beholder I guess.  The phrase "let her have it" is itself open to interpretation.  The friends who attended the taping may have meant "let her have it" in the sense of joking about it.

Regardless...at the end of the day Drew shares Barker's desire to see people win and be happy...and at the taping I attended he made a point to follow up the jokes with an optimistic note.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
Well, I guess it's just that I will miss those little touches Roger gave to each game that made it interesting, like never having the right price in Pushover be the first possible one or never placing the stopping point in That's Too Much at the first or tenth spot.

How do you know that Fingers & Co. won't keep at least some of them?  Until we've actually seen these 'unwritten rules' disappear, I think it's a little quick to assume that they are either unaware of them or think the rules are pointless.

Whether or not the coves are used generally depends upon whether they can fit the prizes in them.

Was the foosball table really too big to fit behind the cove?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
Playing Devil's advocate for a second... I have to wonder what would have happened if Alicia had not lucked out on the first one-bid. Would she have had a chance to redeem herself? As it stands, we'll never know.
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline Davidnumber

• In the Audience
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »
I don't know if anyone noticed the turntable was reversed for golden road.

Offline DrLove0378

• In the Audience
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2008, 03:46:28 PM »
Alicia: To completely blow on the very first prize in Golden Road that's bad! To not know how the one-bid works that's even worse!  :oldevil: Methinks she never has seen this show before. Correction I KNOW FOR SURE hasn't seen this show before!  :oldevil: It's unbelievable that she made it on stage!  :roll:

The last time I saw that happen was on the 2002 Marines primetime special -- I didn't know it happened again in 2003.

But, like the woman who got all five Plinko chips in $0 years back, Alicia "shot herself in the parking lot!"   :oldlol:

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 12:19:12 AM »
Golden: The 1st playing this season bombs by the hands of another player completely spaced-out.

CoG: $4105 just couldn't be it.

1/2 Off: The $500 bonuses needs to be blown off when the $10K is won. Good to see a win, though.

Balance: Too bad.

PTB: Poor Nicholas sure had a bad beat in the GP portion, but $3K makes up for it just fine.

1RP: The HDTV was not my pick.

Showcases: Alicia had a chance to reddem herself with not much excellent results. I would've bidded $62K on that Corvette showcase.

A 2.75-star show.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:22:22 AM by edmojautis »

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
Golden Road-$287??  What kind of a show do you think this is Alicia??

1/2 Off-Had a feeling Box #4 had the money.

Balance Game-I like how the scales swing back and forth a lot slower than before.  It adds a lot more suspicion as to where it's gonna stop.

Showcases-WOW, a Corvette on the same show with Golden Road!  They must have gone all out this week!  It's a shame both were lost.  I thought Alicia's second thought was gonna cost her.  In the end, though, it didn't matter.
All Hail Sinfonia!