Author Topic: Clip Request  (Read 8253 times)

Offline Blissey

• Walking the Golden Road
Clip Request
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »
Can someone post on the www.youtube.com website a clip of today's (5/15/06) Double Showcase Winner and PM me a link?

My user name on YouTube is SupremeBlissey. PM me there.

Offline jnasty

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Clip Request
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »
Doh.. I havn't watched it yet and now I know how it ends  :(

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
The site rules suggest that any discussion about "today's episode" be kept in the Summaries and Spoilers section until 10:00pm Eastern.  This particular post was made less than 13 minutes before that time.  

Blissey, I ask that before you post in our forums again you take the time to acquaint yourself with the rules found in our "The Front Office" section.

Jnasty, although this section is supposed to be spoiler-free, issues like this can and will occur.  If you don't want to know the outcome of an episode 10 hours after it aired, your best bet is probably to stay clear of the forums until you're prepared to know.

Marc

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 03:42:59 AM »
While I have no problems whatsoever with the rules here concerning spoilers (don't even get me ranting over the biggest game show spoiler in history), I must say where this "spoiler" was concerned, I envy anyone who found out today before they got a chance to watch the episode...

Thanks to people in line, and Bob himself (inside the studio), I knew about this DSW almost two weeks before it aired!

Kind of made things very unsuspensful here, knowing that "a woman" won both showcases, and seeing only one woman in the Showcases today. Gee, who's going to win their showcase today...  :-?

So, no, I'm not defending the posting of spoilers.. I'm just saying I envy those who didn't know twelve days in advance.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Blissey

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:17:22 PM »
I apologize for my actions in this instance. I shall be more---what is the term---considerate to my fellow LFaTs in the future.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »

Madonna wrote:
(don't even get me ranting over the biggest game show spoiler in history)

Was it frustrating? Yes. But maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Can you imagine what it would've been like on that fateful November evening had we not known Ken was going to lose? That would've been the shock of all shocks! I would've been absolutely stunned.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 05:43:28 PM »
I certainly would rather have been surprised by it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:05:14 AM »
Yes, it would've been incredibly shocking to not know about the loss ahead of time. But you know what? I had no idea Thom McKee was going to lose until the evening that the episode aired here. And I would've preferred it stayed that way with Ken's streak as well.

Instead, someone in the audience decides to blab to a blog owner, who then decides to blab to TV Week, and next thing you know even the Corporate News Network, Faux News and ESPN (yes, ESPN) are reporting it. And then I spend the better part of three months running a website where I get more questions/comments about the spoilers than the games themselves.

I would've preferred to sit there, stunned, than what did happen - turning on the TV and knowing Ken was probably NOT going to be the champion tomorrow night.  :-?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.