Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/30/2008  (Read 26908 times)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/30/2008
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »
Shopping Spree: That guitar really killed it there for Sharken.

Grand Game: I knew Irene would lose the moment she picked the supplement.  :evil:

Spelling Bee: That was great for Brettany to get the very first card in which it said "CAR".  :biggrin:

SCSD #1: I wanted Irene to win.

Flip Flop: Amy should've flip-flopped there. I know I would.

Any Number: The audience was telling her "1". WHY SHERRY WHY?!  :evil:

Pre-PG #6: It was a shame Michelle T. didn't got out of contestant's row. Especially when she was one-upped by Carrie who she too was there throughout the entire show today.

Coming Or Going: My gut told me $5316 as well.

Showcases: I thought for a brief moment there that the $2700 bid would stand. Thank goodness Amy redid her bid before it was too late. Boy those were 2 great bids. So much so that both of them came close to winning both showcases. IMO.

I was a bit disappointed for the fact that Drew failed to mention that another person was also wearing an "Alakazam" shirt. And boy do those endings of the showcases really start to get my nerves!  :evil: :roll:

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 12:26:18 AM »
Do contestants really have such bad short term memories that they can't remember what the first two prizes were?

Yep. I find it a bit annoying too but I bet S&P is insisting on it.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »
Yep. I find it a bit annoying too but I bet S&P is insisting on it.

That makes no sense.  The contestants can see the prizes.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:42 AM »
The recaps are only good for narcoleptic contestants.  What was more important in the last minute that you can't keep track of 3 prizes?

Steve makes a good point that they don't even make grammatical sense.  

Unfortunately, I don't think that things are going to change anytime soon, so I'll just tune in for the last 10 seconds from now on.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 07:12:43 AM »
Drew was MUCH better in this episode than the one before it.  I agree, if he would host like he did Spelling Bee all the time, he would be fine.  Still needs work on Showcase Reveals.  However, at least today, he seemed to be in a better mood than the previous shows this season.

Do you believe that because of time constraints, Drew can't be as suspenseful in his buildups of prize reveals as we would like?  The Showcases under his era have always seemed rushed.  Or did Bob get extra time even in the last several seasons to interact with contestants, because as Executive Producer, he had clout?

Drew might possibly be told by CBS/Fremantle to move things along.  If so, I wonder if this was Syd's, Mike's, or Fremantle's decision?  Kathy certainly being from the Barker era, would not tell Drew to rush the show, unless her superiors are telling her and the staff to make these time constraints for more commercials.

The point is time is needed to build suspense and momentum, and for whatever reason, the powers that be aren't giving Drew enough time to interact.  If he had extra time to interact, I think his hosting ratings would be more consistent and positive.

Joe

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
Agreed...If they keep that up on EVERY showcase, it will become very annoying.

I've also noticed that it seems like they've put very little effort for making storyl lines in the showcases for the last couple episodes.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
I'm not sure why people are citing Spelling Bee as "how Drew should host all time"...frankly, I thought he was pretty bad during that game, especially when it came time to reveal the cards.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »
That makes no sense.  The contestants can see the prizes.
Or, at most, a piece of posterboard and a marker.  Write the prizes on a big white piece of posterboard in black marker.  Hold it up in the general vicinity of Rich.  Boom, fixed.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
hope that the cards revealed on Spelling Bee (CAR A C C)  are not of bad omen  :-o

Offline Eddie

• #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »
Seems like every time they offer Honda cars, no other make gets offered and no cars are offered in the Showcase round.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:47:20 PM by Eddie »
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 12:09:04 AM »
Seems like every time they offer Honda cars, no other make gets offered and no cars are offered in the Showcase round.

Good observation - they don't. I don't think we've ever got an explanation as to why... perhaps something with sponsorship?
I do recall seeing a Honda in a showcase last season, but we didn't see one anywhere else in the show.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 12:12:57 AM »
Shopping: Sharken doomed himself in big time.

Grand: I was just disbelieved when Irene chose the Ester-C. A practically-automatic win thwarted horribly.  :-(

Spelling: Brettany may have went for the car, anyway. Either way, CAR saves the day!!!

FlipFlop: I would've just flopped.  :oops:

Any #: 1 was the way to go for me. Poor Sherry went the way of the goshdarn piggy bank.

CoG: Good job.

Showcases: Those showcase prize recaps are just lame and it is getting annoying. Please stop them!!! Amy and Brettany both deserve their showcases after some incredible bidding by both of them.

A 3-star show.

Offline Pushover72

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »

If it has happened everytime, I am sure it's part of their deal with CBS.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »
If it has happened everytime, I am sure it's part of their deal with CBS.

Does CBS have anything to do with which prizes the show can or can't offer?

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 01:57:27 AM »
Shopping Spree: Even though I had a feeling Sharken was doomed from the first pick, it's still painful to lose by $60.

Grand Game: The only one I knew for sure that were less than $8 was the freezer bags.  Not a good choice for the last pick.

Spelling Bee: That was awesome.  CAR card right away!

Flip Flop: That was pretty tough.  I only would've flopped.

Any Number: That was a heartbreaker.  Sherry goes from a near-miracle win to a painful loss.

Showcases:  8-O WOW, that was some nice bidding!  I thought for sure we'd have a DSW.
All Hail Sinfonia!