Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/01/2008  (Read 37276 times)

Offline Millionaire81

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/01/2008
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »
I don't think any such thing has actually been said, but with the ratings in the state they're in right now, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

I don't know exactly, but as far as I know, they still aren't good.

It's been two frickin' weeks people!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 04:18:14 PM »
You act like this is a recent development.  The show's ratings have been bad for months now.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Millionaire81

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »
Please define your version of bad.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:33:22 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »
I'll also argue that until two things happen-

1. Elizabeth Hasselbeck leaves the view

2. The Election concludes

...The audience won't be paying that much attention to Price.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
Man I hate those "cutsie wutsie" introductions to the IUFB's. Those are just lousy, they are awful and have no place on the show. Whoever thought those up needs to be shown the door immediately.

Well, Drew was at least somewhat apologetic at the start of 3 Strikes saying it wasn't his fault for the change. Still sad that it has been tinkered with so much that it is gonna be retired.  :cry:

That backdrop for the Mustang looked horrible in my opinion.

As far as the Showcases go, all i'll say is that was horrible and a shame and disgrace to the show. Looked like a 5 year old threw 'em together. 

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
I do believe Days of Our Lives is seriously on the chopping block for 2009.

But that's because NBC reportedly wants to either replace it with an hour of programming that's produced (not purchased) by the network (fifth hour of "Today," anyone?) or give the time slot back to the affiliates for yet even more syndicated shows. NBC's daytime ratings haven't been as good as CBS's or ABC's since some time in the '70's, and they're pretty much getting out of the soap business, as they got out of the game show business about 15 years ago.

John

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
I believe the error in Clock Game was that Terrell never actually said the price -- her last bids were in the 850s, not the 860s.

I noticed that too, but I also noticed a mistake that went in her favor - the clock did not start back up with her first bid on the second item; in fact, it took a good 5-10 seconds for the clock to start moving again.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »
I didn't tape this. But all I want to say is:
on the 3 Strikes game: that's the cheapest car they tried to give away for a long time!
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
Clock Game: I do believe as well is that Terrell didn't exactly say the exact price of the tools there. Well I would reward her both prizes anyway. Besides she won them.

IT'S In The Bag: It's a good thing Chase bailed at $2000. There was no way the three products he chose would be right.

3 Strikes: Call me weird but I didn't really enjoyed this playing for some reason. Still though I have nothing with this game being played for regular cars. Even for this episode only it's quite interesting to see all 3 strikes back. Quite good the first number is given for free. Not good at least in this playing is that it wasn't won.

SCSD #1: I wanted Yolanda A. or Terrell to win.  :evil:

Balance Game: In my mind any price of the hovercraft would sense. It's a shame Darlene picked the wrong bags unfortunately.

Money Game: I figured that car would be $17,125. Great win there. Hope Barry could at least share it with Vicky the birthday girl.

Double Prices: I would be wrong had I picked $7821.

Unfortunately thanks to City Tv here in Winnipeg which I was watching the show from it immediately cut to commercials here just as the second SCSD was about to start. With that it went to the part when Barry was about to spin the wheel! THANKS A LOT CITY TV!  :oldevil:

Showcases: Ok these introductions and endings for the showcases are starting to get worse and worse!  :oldevil: The Port o' Price one was definitely the most brutal one of them all! GIMME A BREAK HERE!  :roll: :oldevil: I had a feeling Melissa would go over on her showcase. Though she was quite close. Wise move for Chase to use strategy by bidding $6500 of his showcase. It's too bad Drew didn't notice it.  

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »
Drew really needs to calm down during Clock Game and not make it seem to much like an epic adventure.  He's way too excited during the bidding process, and honestly, it's all ready too much to have a contestant just spitting out numbers.  It leads to problems like we had today.

Has Drew ever called It's in the Bag by it's correct name?

I was quite irked with Drew being so rough on Balance Game.  There's no way he should have dropped the bag on the scale to make as audible of a bang as he did.

I know we were warned that the Showcase was going to be dumb this season...but damn, I never expected it would be this bad.  The first showcase had no discernable theme to it...

The goofy (One-Bid) introductions are wearing out their welcome pretty quickly, too. ...

I concur wholeheartedly on these two points.

MOD NOTE: ...which we don't have to read again in full to make your point. Two lines only, please, when quoting.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:29:01 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »
Clock Game: I left too early too miss the error announcement. I didn't notice anything wrong. I thought I heard her bids were in the 850s and so on..

(It's) In the Bag: Again with the $9.12 Gold Bond. Bailing out with the $2,000 was the best thing done in this game today.

3 Strikes: "Old School! Old School! Old School!"
Well, the idea of picking four numbers out of a bag with three strikes in it seems like the original rules with the freebie number. A slight change from the 3 Strikes + format, but I can still tolerate it.

Balance Game: Drew was right in my opinion: Hovercrafts like that are expensive.

Money Game: If the last two numbers were not 25 (or 95), I don't know where I'll try next.

Double Prices: I went with $6713.

Showcases: I actually went with about 6000 for the Port-O-Price Showcase.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
You act like this is a recent development.  The show's ratings have been bad for months now.

Back in the spring, they were down something like 18%, and as far as I know, they haven't increased since then.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
If the rules do change back to one strike (as it has been reported), then this contestant should complain that she was the ONLY ONE that they made the rules hard for.
This isn't any differen than the change made in Split Decision and Time is Money.  Besides, what about when the game originally went to one strike?  Should the contestants who played the game prior to that date complain that that they had more difficult rules?

Has Drew ever called It's in the Bag by it's correct name?
Once, maybe twice, Drew has called It's in the Bag by its (not it's) real name.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »
Once, maybe twice, Drew has called It's in the Bag by its (not it's) real name.

I really wish we could still edit posts. :P
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »
There were two things we (in the chatroom) noticed wrong in Clock Game today:

1) We believe she said "55-56-57-58-59" instead of "65-66-67-68-69."
2) The clock stopped during the bids for the second prize.

I don't think either mistake would have affected the outcome of the game, though.
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!