Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/06/2008  (Read 22786 times)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/06/2008
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 06:18:15 AM »
About that, did anyone else think there could have been potential for a technical win here, had Reena went for the car? I say that because when she changed the last number to a zero, Drew never stopped to ask her if she was ok with the rest.

Correct,

In fact, it seems that whenever Temptation has been played, Drew seems to incorrectly imply that you can only change one number.  Although today, I think he said you could change more than one, but his explanation was not as clear as it might have been.  The rules should be explained that you may leave the price as it is, or change as many (or few) of the numbers as you want.

For today's interest and enthusiasm, Drew was among the best I have seen him this season.  An A for effort and excitement.  Excellent improvement from the D grade type attitudes that he has shown in several shows at the start of the season.

Joe

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 09:55:15 AM »
It seems like Drew is totally incapable of giving us consistently good performances.  It constantly drives me crazy that he lets his mood (or whatever it is) drive the quality of his hosting.  I have never seen on television such up and downs of an on-screen performer.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:54:15 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:59 AM »
About that, did anyone else think there could have been potential for a technical win here, had Reena went for the car? I say that because when she changed the last number to a zero, Drew never stopped to ask her if she was ok with the rest. He just went right on with the prize offering. Had she went for the car, he may have had to give it to her anyway, since he never offered her any more changes.
No, because the change she had made was wrong.  There is no way she could have won that game by changing additional numbers.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »
Check Game: I believe Sheila originally wrote $2500.  Either way, she would have won.  I had also picked $3,100 to be my check amount and would have also won.

Temptation:  Smart move to bailout.  I just wish we could have seen the rest of the price on TV.  It appeared as if Drew didn't allow her to change more than one number.  I wonder what Drew's response would be if a contestant tried to change more than one number.

Coming or Going: Both prices seemed right; it took me a while to decide on $8579.

One Right Price: So soon?  I thought it was obvious the sofa was too cheap to be $2199.

SC1:  My Bid: $16,440 / Diff: $2,726
SC2:  My Bid: $43,775 / Diff: $7,553

Online PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 12:45:57 AM »
Check Game-Great way to start the show!  That D.C. trip was more expensive than I thought.

Temptation-Tough playing.  Good thing Reena took the gifts.

Card Game-I'm surprised Scott was allowed to change the value of the Ace; I don't think Bob would have allowed that.  It didn't matter in the end, though.  It seems like it's been so long since I've seen an OVER in this game.

Grocery Game-Very nice.  If you blinked, you probably missed it. :lol:

Drew had lots of excitement today, and it was great!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Denials

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »
If this has been mentioned in another thread, I apologize, but it's interesting to see that they've now covered the possibility of someone writing the check for an amount so large, when added to the check, to exceed 9999.  You can see that the bottom screen (which usually shows the total) has been modified to be able to read out "LOSE." 

Was this present on the first playing?  I saw it but didn't notice it then - maybe it was the lighting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »
You can see that the bottom screen (which usually shows the total) has been modified to be able to read out "LOSE."

Dude, it's an eggcrate display.  They can make it show any letters they want.  Heck, if they were feeling goofy, they could make it read "LOSK."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.