Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2008  (Read 34466 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2008
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »
The Price is Right - Oct. 10, 2008
Production #4465K - Taped Aug. 11, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff:

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Niteline

1   Almost Heaven Solaris Infrared Spa (L)
ISABELLA 1200 PAUL 1500 1850 DAVID *1851 ($2495)

David from Rancho Cucamonga, CA plays BARGAIN BAR

Howard Miller Arendal Floor Clock (S)PICK$1925$3925$2000WIN!
Cal Spas Stainless Gourmet Grill (L)$2495$3995$1500

2   MCF Sapphire/Diamond Cocktail Ring (S-in the Row)
+Isabella 10000 +Paul 2750 +Nicole *1 BEAU 2500 ($2030)
STUPID BID

Nicole, a student at Cal Poly SLO, plays ½ OFF

Pink Steam Iron$25$25XBOXES IN PLAY
USS Enterprise Phone35
(Aroma) Potable Hot Plate19
Computer Webcam1020*2 3 6 8 9 10 11 14
2 FRS 2-Way Radios2856*3 6 11 14
Stoneware Box25

Pick:     (11)   EMPTY
Stash:   ( 6 )   LOSS

3   Breville Small Appliances (R)
+Isabella 475 +Paul 450 BRITTANI 850 Beau *600 ($700)

Beau plays MORE OR LESS

(Yard-Man) 20HP Riding Lawn Mower$1700   MORE   $1450   WIPEOUT
(Sony) 55" Projection HDTV
Human Touch Massage Chair
Dodge Charger (Std., AT)

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$700Beau70 stay.70
3,150Nicole85 stay.85.75Through to Showcase Round
10,415David85 stay.85.65

4   Apple IPod Package (L&S)
+Isabella 575 +Paul 375 Brittani *700 SEAN 699 ($750)
STUPID BID

Brittani plays CHECK OUT for a Broyhill Fantana Dining Group and Pfaltzgraff Sedona Dinnerware (R)($5120)

BrittanyMSRPDiff
(Jolly Time) 100 Caloire Popcorn$  2.90$  2.39+  .51
Ziploc Freezer Bags (15 gal)3.002.99+  .01
(Birdseye Steamfresh) Vegetables1.992.29–  .30
(Clorox Cleanup) Spray5.993.39+2.60
(Nabisco) Chocolate Chip Cookies (bag)    2.50    3.49–  .99
$16.38$14.55+1.83WIN!

5   Ivanko Color Dumbells (R)
+Isabella *600 +Paul 375 ADRIENNE 300 Sean 349 ($800)
STUPID BID

Isabella plays PICK A NUMBER for a Princess 7d Mexican Cruise (S)

Setup:$ 2[–]4 0   [1][3][6]
Pick:$ 2[6]4 0
Price:$ 2[6]4 0   WIN!

This is the point in the proceedings where Mimi starts lurking. Paul knows he's vulnerable. One more bad one-bid mens banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Can he find his way clear?

6   Broyhill Attic Game Table (L)
LINETTE 850 +Paul 1250 Adrienne 1300 Sean *1301 ($2250)

Paul heads off to the clubhouse while Sean plays RANGE GAME (Std., Chill, Stereo, BlkHtr)(R)

Setup:$16,800-$17,400
Range:$16,861-$17,011
Price:$17,160   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$2,250Sean    5 + 40.45
3,440Isabella1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 85   Through to Showcase Round
5,870Brittani  65 + 50OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Isabella has the honor.

SC1-Nicole Ashley Transitional Lving Room Group
Carpet One Carpeting
Igloo Coolers (L)
ElectraCraft 16CS 15.6' Party Barge (L)
BID$21,500
PRICE31,527
DIFF–10,027
TOTAL$34,677
SC2-Isabella COOKIE THE PROSPECTOR (R)
GA Systems Home Soda Fountain
(Rowe Laserstar) 100 CD Jukebox
Pontiac Solstice (Std., AC)
BID$75,400
PRICE42,310
DIFFOVER
TOTAL$  4,440

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $60,802

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:33:22 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline tcbrent88

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2008
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:03:26 PM »
This was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Between the weird return from commercial with Drew standing in the audience, to the terrible "prospector" showcase. Not to mention Drew pretending to zip up his fly. Just awful.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »
Weird show today. For all the good (Drew channelling Bob during Bargain Bar and the lineup), there was the bad (Drew's pretending to zip his fly-that was totally uncalled for!) and the bizarre (that 2nd showcase-that was just weird.)

The lineup today was awesome. Half Off showing up before Plinko was great, Check-Out 4th was a nice treat, and Range Game last and for a car was great too. Its interesting the car game has been last twice this year and both times non-car games were the ones played (Bonus and Range)

Drew's hosting during BBB was "Barkeresque." What Drew said to David after the bargain price for the grill was revealed reminded me of something Bob might have said: "You better hope that's an expensive clock." This was just textbook hosting here by Drew. I just wish he'd do this all the time.

I had a feeling More or Less was gonna be wiped out after seeing the price for the lawn mower. Not many people were gonna say "less".

Brittani's win in Check-Out was a nice surprise. I sure thought she was dead in the water after pricing that Clorox at $5.99. What a comeback. What wasn't nice was that awful wipe from Drew to the products before Drew even threw to Rich for the plugs. What was that all about?

For the awful camera work in Check-Out, it's all made up for by catching Range Game on camera as Drew walks up to it. Face it gang, seeing Range Game last for a car is better than seeing Dice Game or Money Game.  :-P However, it is not as great as seeing L7 last. :-P

As far as the showcases go, what in the world was Isabella thinking when she bid $75,000?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:22:43 PM by rob79 »

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
With the exception of a very, uh, enthusiastic  :-? bid by Isabella, I thought this was a pretty good show.  Drew really seemed to click and had his "A" game. 

[NOTE:  I did miss the middle portion of the show, so if he did badly there, I didn't see it.]

EDIT:  Apparently, I did miss something, and it was bad.  Oh well.

That Enterprise Phone was $70?  Wow.  Just wow.  I wouldn't have gotten that one, either.

I was surprised that we didn't get a "We can't restart the range finder..." joke.  I'm not complaining, just surprised.

As for the showcases?  A relatively normal showcase followed by a "Hillbilly Prospecter Theme".  Nothing wrong there.  The second showcase was a little dopey, but cute.  I've got no issues with that.  I am, however, very interested in knowing exactly how many different voices Rich can do! 

On a side note, does anybody else think it would be fun to have Frank Caliendo (Google him if you don't know who he is) doing the showcases??
"John Madden:  Here's a showcase about football..."

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:21:23 PM by Ton80 »
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »
Weird show today. For all the good (Drew channelling Bob during Bargain Bar and the lineup), there was the bad (Drew's pretending to zip his fly-that was totally uncalled for!) and the bizarre (that 2nd showcase-that was just weird.)

I must have missed the fly incident, I was half paying attention during the show, half not. When did this happen?

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »
Same here. But this was a very entertaining show. Say what you want, but I like this new spin. It makes it fun to have us expect the unexpected.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »
I'm very glad to see the standard "contestants not appearing on stage" pan was back in use today.  I was very worried that yesterday's shot was going to become a permanent change.  Guess it still could, though.

Isabella was a lot more enjoyable then she could have been.  She was clueless about how much of the show worked, yet she came off as very likable, anyway.  Probably helps that she was so perky while being genuinely confused by a lot.

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again today:  weird voice showcases work a lot better when Rich only does the voice for the story, and not for the prize plugs.  And the transition from the coolers to the boat in the first showcase felt awkward.

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
The more I watch this show this season the more it is becoming the Drew Carey Show...it is all about him and his mugging for the camera and NOT about contestants.

I am beginning to really hate Drew more and more (for ruining Price)

His entrance...Drew is getting way over-confident (and it shows) and he thinks he's  cute mugging like that---Please just come through the doors and be proud to be Price's host.

IUFB #2  ---What was Drew trying to do after the ring was shown...whatever he was doing with his hands, at least HE thought it was funny.

Half Off---After losing, he asks the contestant if she was thinking of number 6 (where the money was)...what a dumb question...of course she didn't.  Otherwise she would have picked it

Check-Out---What a lazy-looking setup for the dining room.  The pieces of furniture were on different platforms as if they just shoved them onstage and didn't take time to showcase them nicely.

Range Game---a perfect example of how CANNOT make the contestant the center of attention.  He told us the contestant owns a deli (and......) and then Drew stops talking about the contestant.  Drew said he talked to him during the break and this was all he could tell us about him.

The first showcase was OK.  The second showcase was trying to be cute but, once again, it was not written or executed very well.  And when Rich does a funny voice he should NOT read the description in that voice...there's too much of it and it becomes annoying.

I will continue to watch the show despite the fact that I am losing interest...I just can't believe what it happening, bit by bit.  I am dreading the upcoming shows with the bigger changes.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
MoL was just evil. Pure evil.

I missed the "fly" incident. Sometimes I go right by the IUFBs...SC2 was identical to SC1 as well - for reasons everyone's already brought up. Didn't like two quickies at the end either.

B
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »
Bargain Bar: No love for Bob or Ezekiel? Surprising that Drew didn't even mentioned who the game was named after. But still, a great win.

1/2 Off: Sucks to miss out on the first pair of SPs, and I knew the odds were stacked against her in the end.

More or Less: Great to see it again for the first time in Season 37. I knew that tractor was less than $1800, and I was bracing for the MRRRRRRRRP! and losing horns when he said "more".

Check-Out: This game is on a winning streak. Make it three in a row, going back to that July 4th perfecto.

Pick-a-Number: A terrific win there.

Range Game: For a car! Too bad the guy lost.

Showcase Showdown: Seems to me that Bonus Spin isn't that lucky, even with the extra cash boost this season. The wait continues...

Showcases: Was that really Rich disguising his voice in that prospector showcase??? I knew there'd be at least one overbid with that ridiculous $75,000 bid. Did she really think that Pontiac Solstices are that expensive? As far as I remember from the Gas Money premiere, you can get one well-equipped for just $25 grand.

Time to prep some graphics for my future HYO shows... :biggrin:

Offline Pushover72

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »
The second showcase, like most of the "special" showcase this last week, was poorly written again.  It was apparent that they had an idea to use a prospector but they didn't really know how to intergrate prizes into such a theme.  The prizes seem just arbitrarily put in without thinking.

Rich should not use his funny voice throughout the entire showcase...it's very distracting from the prizes (remember, producers of Price, this is a gameshow and it's about prizes and bidding on them.)

Once again, from Drew's giggling afterwards, I gather that he wrote it.

Offline TPIRfan222

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »
It's no wonder why Price's ratings are in the toilet.

Offline mbetush

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
The more I watch this show this season the more it is becoming the Drew Carey Show...it is all about him and his mugging for the camera and NOT about contestants.

I am beginning to really hate Drew more and more (for ruining Price)

I've been pretty quiet about how I feel about the new version of TPIR, but I'm pretty fed up with people Drew bashing.  There is one simple solution if you don't like Drew and the direction Dismantle has taken the show.....DONT WATCH.  Yes, the Drew TPIR is completely different from Barker, in effect its like watching a new game show, but just like any other sucky game show, just don't watch.  I'm just sick of people blaming and blaming and blaming.  I understand it's your right, and this is a message board, but people are really just coming off as nagging crybabies.

Again, dont like new tpir?  dont watch.
Anxiously awaiting another MDS since 2009.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 04:35:28 PM »
It was apparent that they had an idea to use a prospector but they didn't really know how to intergrate prizes into such a theme.  The prizes seem just arbitrarily put in without thinking.

Ok, what prizes would make sense with a prospector theme?

<richfields>How about this brand new SIFTER?! And then how about this lovely SCALE? Finally, this brand new TENT!</richfields>

Seriously. First people are complaining due to the random, theme-less nature of the showcases in a post-Barker, post-Dob world, and now we have a theme, and the prizes are irrelevant to the theme, and ya'll are still complaining. This is becoming less about substance and more about, "We don't like TPiR post-Dob."

Haven't the prizes ALWAYS been irrelevant to the theme, or at the very least a HUGE stretch? Folks, there weren't cars or trailers in the prospecting days, unless you somehow think that all prospectors were like that one on that episode of the Brady Bunch where they head to the Grand Canyon, so just about anything the show can give away is going to have little or no connection to the theme.

I would rather have something completely irrelevant and random than SPLENDIDO anyday.
It's no wonder why Price's ratings are in the toilet.

Yeah, because Drew was in the audience during a call down and the showcases are "crap". That argument would make sense but for the fact that Price's ratings were in the toilet back in December.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:38:09 PM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar: I would've picked the clock as well.

IUFB #2: I think Isabella got confused once she bid $10,000 on the ring. I didn't really like the way Drew mimicked the way Shane modeled the ring there.

More Or Less: Knew that lawn mower was less. In my view that was an impossible set-up there.

Check-Out: I would be off by 50 cents on those products.

Pick-A-Number: Great that Isabella picked the right number. It was either 3 or 6 in my view.

Range Game: Sean I believe said that he'll never trust the crowd well this time though the crowd was right.

Showcases: I really thought Isabella would her lesson when it comes to making certain bids. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. And god that second showcase was just horrible!  :evil: