Author Topic: CSS Results for October 13  (Read 4370 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 13
« on: October 13, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »
Today, a kind of Mad Lib for our CSS recap.

For everyone except Chad1787 (DSW/cash/points win), Stage Player (DSW), Steve Gavazzi (cash), BRB_TheFireball, Wayoshi, and 88JRFAN, who are exempt.

Holy [-obscenity-]! What was with showcase one!? I thought that was the Catalina [-yacht,- -cabin cruiser,- -more expensive boat-]. Accordingly, I bid [-insert bid here-] and went over. That was really [-mean-, -evil,- -CSTD,- -stupid of me,-] and I'm never going to make that mistake again! If I ever do that again [-shoot me,- -beat me with the Plinko stick,- -make me play a bad set-up of Lucky 7-].

And that's that. [insert Lily Tomlin raspberry]

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 13, 2008 -- Game 16

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for October 13
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
Memorable first playing of the season despite low-ball bids - because 80% of the rest willied! Nice :wotc: s in there as well. :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:35:35 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
UniquePerspective's Mad Lib:

Holy [s***]! What was with showcase one!? I thought that was the Catalina [yacht,]. Accordingly, I bid [$40,001] and went over. That was really [ stupid of me,] and I probably will make make that mistake again! If I ever do that again [don't be that surprised]!

As for showcase 2: I think I got the Fusion ok, but I managed to completely mess up the computer and other item that I forgot.

And Tom, where's YOUR MadLib? You played too, you overed on SC1, where's your lib?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:43:05 PM by UniquePerspective »
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
the story of my bidding, for whoever wants to hear me whine :D

for showcase 2 i bid what i thought was ok, only to learn somehow i got one upped. but that didnt matter compared to showcase 1. i said 4k for each of the previous prizes and because it was just a sail boat i make it 10k. and added a little somthing at the end. and i got my first (i think)  :wsd: ever. and they lived happily ever after the end

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
Stupid boat... :headbang:
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
Well, I'd have to fill it in this way:

Holy %#@*!  What was with showcase one!?  I thought that was the Catalina $10,000+ boat.  Accordingly, I bid $21,124 and went over.  That was really typical of me over the last few days (three Overs in four days -- Ouch!) and I'm never going to make that mistake again!  If I ever do that again, I'll deserve to watch a show in which all six pricing games are Pick-a-Number.

Needless to say, I have to bring this out again...
 :headbang:
The truth of the matter is I had absolutely no clue on that boat.  I knew it wasn't a huge $35,000 Catalina Yacht, but I didn't think it would be under $10,000 either. :o

As for the other showcase, my bid probably didn't even cover the car.  I know that a Ford Fusion is around $20K, so I conservatively went a little lower and added around $1,500 or so for the speakers and the computer.  I was probably way off on the first two prizes, and I have to do a better job of listening to the options on the car.

And seriously, what is with all of these :frbs: 's and :frts: 's that we have had lately?  That is the primary reason why I've been struggling this year.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:27:41 PM by TPIRSteven »

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
I correctly called it in the chatroom:  "I smell cheapo boat!"

I remember that particular boat from one of the MDSs earlier this year.  Who knew that you could get a 16.5' Catalina boat for under $10,000?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »
Damnit people beside Steven, where are your madlibs? :p I don't want to feel too lonely for doing one. :p
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
Wow, what a crazy day.  Glad I missed it.  Let me offer you all a drink to calm your nerves....

"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
I don't have any Mad Libs for you, but I do have this:

[NASCAR]

MAJOR CRASH IN TURN FOUR!  Big Jon and BuddyTom tangle up and spin into the infield!  goldroadfanatic and namnhu12 go up the racetrack and smack into the wall--and now cars are crashing everywhere!  pathfinder20...PriceFanArmadillo...Chie f-O all involved; FieldsFan336 and GoldenBulldog settle into the infield after losing their right-front tires.  Here come the tow trucks--and out goes the red flag!  Twenty-two drivers out of twenty-six in the field are involved in this crash!

Well, I don't what I was thinkin' with that boat Showcase; Fingers and StagePlayer got me loose off of turn 4, and I started going sideways because I couldn't check up in time.  Pretty soon, you got 20 cars involved--there's just no where to go except into each other.  We've got damage everywhere on the car, but we'll be back tomorrow.

[/NASCAR]

And I got a :wotc: on SC-1...how stupid of me!  :-x

Wow, what a crazy day.  Glad I missed it.  Let me offer you all a drink to calm your nerves....

I see the significance of the Coke Zero can, and I'm glad you're happy--because as you say, zeroes are so much easier to enter into your CSS stats board. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:58:02 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
Holy S***! What was in Showcase 1?!! I thought it was the more expensive boat.  Accordingly, I bid $22,584. That was really stupid of me and I will never make the same mistake again!! If I ever do that again, Bully can hit me upside the head with a dogbone...

Anyway, I complete forgot that boat was under 10k and that I also confused it with another boat that look similar to that.  Anyway, it seems to me that I go back and forth with overages and wins lately.  :-x  Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »
Holy mackeral! What was with showcase one!? I thought that was the Catalina [-yacht,- -cabin cruiser,- -more expensive boat-] didn't get to see the show.

Accordingly, I bid [-insert bid here-] and went over. nothing, and was glad I missed CSS.

That was really [-mean-, -evil,- -CSTD,- -stupid of me,-] a smart idea and I'm never going to make that mistake again!

If I ever do that again, [-shoot me,- -beat me with the Plinko stick,- -make me play a bad set-up of Lucky 7-] please congratulate me.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
Obviously, I was watching a different show than everyone else was today.

:-(

Also, screw the Falcons.

:-(
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:01:46 PM »
I may have been last out of the people who scored points. But its ok. I didnt go over
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
Okay, my mad lib...

Holy s***! What was with showcase one!? I thought that was the Catalina that wasn't as freaking random. Accordingly, I bid $22,785 and went over. That was really freaking random and I'm never going to make that mistake again! If I ever do that again I may have to kill Randy West.

(Don't blame me, Unique helped me with this)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23