Author Topic: Anyone going to the Nov 10-12 tapings?  (Read 6746 times)

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
Anyone going to the Nov 10-12 tapings?
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
Hello  :-D I am going with a small group of friends to the tapings the week of Nov. 10th...Was wondering if anyone else was going too. Would like to meet up with some fellow fans. Thanks!

Offline swdke1161

• Outside in Line
Re: Anyone going to the Nov 10-12 tapings?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:38 AM »
Hello  :-D I am going with a small group of friends to the tapings the week of Nov. 10th...Was wondering if anyone else was going too. Would like to meet up with some fellow fans. Thanks!

I am hoping to go on Nov. 10.  How early to you plan to arrive?

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:40 PM »
I plan on being there by 5am.--No later possibly as early as 3am. I figure that should be plenty early :-)

Offline Levius

• In the Audience
  • Look out! Oh, its just a duck!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 06:15:59 AM »
Here's a hint.  If you guys stay at the Farmers Daughter Hotel across the street, the night desk clerk will watch the line for you and give you a wake up call if its getting long...or do whatever you ask.  We asked for a wakeup call at 4:45am (to be in line at 5:00am) and he called us a little earlier than that saying about 15 people were in line already, since we had also told him we wanted to be seated in the first or second row.

We went out, got into line, waited for the order of arrival numbers to be passed out (make sure you take your tickets with you) and then went back to the hotel for a 2.5 hour nap and shave/shower/breakfast before returning at 9:50am. 

At the tapings we were at, the "return at 8am for priority numbers" had been changed to 9:50am, which was nice actually.

Also, it appears Monday's are busier than Wednesday's...so you might want to get in line earlier on a Monday than on a Wednesday.

Have fun you guys...wish I was there with you.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »
At the tapings we were at, the "return at 8am for priority numbers" had been changed to 9:50am, which was nice actually.

Lucky...the first taping I was at my last trip, "return at 8am" became "go right inside, we're going to start processing in 20 minutes".  They were really rushing things to give themselves a cushion, since this was the first time they were taping in HD.  This was not a pleasant surprise, as it meant dashing back to the hotel room to pick up the tickets and T-shirts.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »
Actually we are staying over at the Bevonshire--hopefully it is fairly decent---and I know that we will be there pretty early. I have been on several occasions before (last time was 2002), but I have 3 newbies with me and I know they wont sleep much. BTW any feedback on the Bevonshire??? Thanks!! Can't wait to be in line!

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »
Do me a favor and report back to let me know if the Blessed King bagel shop is still open.  Thanks.

Offline tprince

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:15 AM »
Is that the bagel shop across the street?  Yes it is. 

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
I will check on that--I actually have a funny bagel shop story from several years ago. A group went across the street when they opened to get bagels, and when they were crossing the street coming back, the bag broke, and there were bagels all over the road...traffic stopped (not much of it at 5am), someone yelled 3 second rule, picked them up and resuced them from a certain death.

Offline Todd97

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:04:20 PM »
Well, unless something changes at work (which it could), I'll be seeing my first ever TPIR taping at 4pm on the 10th.  I'm not keen to be there at 3am though.  :-o  I have a hotel near LAX (flying in town the night before), and I'll leave my hotel around 5:15 to (hopefully) be parked and in line by 5:45.  Hopefully LA traffic won't be too bad that early.

I picked the 4pm taping instead of the 1pm since I figure I could get a better seat at that taping. 

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »
Actually we are staying over at the Bevonshire--hopefully it is fairly decent---and I know that we will be there pretty early. I have been on several occasions before (last time was 2002), but I have 3 newbies with me and I know they wont sleep much. BTW any feedback on the Bevonshire??? Thanks!! Can't wait to be in line!

The Bevonshire is a decent hotel to stay in. Just expect to see some things that are odd. Like phones from other hotels with the other hotels info on there, remotes from the 99cent store, and TERRIBLE coffee!

Other than that and it was just fine.

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Thanks for the info..I am bringing extra pillows and towels, so it should be cool :-)