Author Topic: CSS Leaderboard - After week 6  (Read 1932 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Leaderboard - After week 6
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:47:33 PM »
30 games in and the line has been set.  And who's that handsome man at the top of the leaderboard????

Well, I am savoring it for now because...
1.  I will be hovering around the number of required games all year, probably
2.  I'm not really that good

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT REEL:
Fireball’s DSW on Tuesday broke a string of 6 days with no DSW’s.  They continue to be hard to come by.

MONEY WINNERS:
$60298 – Flerbert419
$60063 – BRB_TheFireball
$47438 – BuddyTom, who once again cashed twice

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: CSS Leaderboard - After week 6
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
Wow, like The Jeffersons, I'm "moving on up" the leaderboard...
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »
Well, I am savoring it for now because...

...it never lasts, sideshowPA. It never lasts.

Wait, I've never been there. I wouldn't know. :oldlol:

Nice to see that I'm making up for my dismal start to the season and am already in the top ten, and number two in cash. Maybe I'm not completely hopeless after all.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »
This post is here to remind anybody who has been having bad luck lately that things can be worse.  I doubt that anybody (with the possible excpetion of Bulldog) has been hit as hard as I have by bad luck.

1.  First of all, there's today's massacre, in which I blew a hard/soft DSW and ~$150,000 in cash by inexplicably adding $660 to my bid on the Chrysler 300 at the last second.

2.  Secondly, there's October 9, when I blew my one and only DSW this season by overbidding on the other showcase.

3.  And let's not forget October 23, when I double-overbid by a combined total of less than $1,600.

4.  Finally, there's the statistics for the eight games that I wasn't able to play in for various reasons.  I still watch the show on cbs.com during the evenings on days that I don't play CSS, and still make bids on the showcases with no prior knowledge of the prizes being offered or their prices.  In these eight games, I've averaged 92.14 points per game, and I would have scored $136,558 in cash.

If these four things had gone my way, I'd be rolling in over $300,000 in cash right now and easily be in the top ten on the leaderboard.

Sooner or later my luck is going to change... (keeps fingers crossed for next week)  ;)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
Whoah, Bully really is runner up in CSS luck so far. :evil: :cry:
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
I am sorry if I don't play as much. I am in college, so the only times I can play is mondays and fridays. I happened to get lucky on monday cuz one classmate had a seizure and the whole class was dismissed like 25 minutes into the period. Fridays, I start at 1pm, so if i get to the school and on the computer early enough, I can play. When I participate in the CSS, I am not in front of a TV (MAN I WISH I HAD A LAPTOP!  :-(). I am usually in a computer lab.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:40 AM »
AARRGH!  I'm in 16th place!  Enzo is tough to beat!  I'm only in the chatroom on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to work and classes. 

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:25:01 AM »
And it just comes to show how badly I suck at this game.  Perhaps I should retire...  :-?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 01:33:02 PM »
Well, at least I'm over the line. :p