Author Topic: FOX STAPLE CANCELLED!  (Read 5939 times)

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
Re: FOX STAPLE CANCELLED!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 12:54:54 PM »
I do also agree that The Simpsons sorely needs to be put out of its misery.  It's really too bad that Troy McClure's line about continuing the show until it's unprofitable wasn't just a joke.

The Simpsons is far from unprofitable. It's one of the top-rated shows on the network.

This is a ratings analysis of this past week's show"

“Simpsons” averaged a 6.2 adults 18-49 rating, according to Nielsen overnights, 51 percent ahead of No. 2 NBC in its 8 p.m. timeslot.

“Simpsons” helped lift Fox to a rare Sunday night victory as well, though it got some help from a strong NFL overrun at 7 p.m. from the New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys game, which averaged a 6.1 in its final half hour.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it seems The Simpsons won the week in the demo! No other show topped a 6.0, except them. 6.2 is great for this show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Simpsons 12.48 Million FOX Sunday

It seems that 12 million+ viewers (without DVR numbers counter, or considering how many people here in Canada watched it) still think The Simpsons is a quality show. Of all the shows on TV last week, The Simpsons was #16. That is amazing.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »
The Simpsons is far from unprofitable. It's one of the top-rated shows on the network.

Which is exactly why the show is still on the air, according to the quote.  I'm pretty sure you've got something backwards.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »
If the ABC rumors are indeed true, then FOX had better watch their backs! As a kid, I used to watch the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show on ABC (you know, the one with Bugs and Daffy singing "Overture, curtain, lights...And oh what heights we'll hit, on with the show, this is it!"). Of course, that was long before ABC got Disneyfied!  :lol:

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
Which is exactly why the show is still on the air, according to the quote.  I'm pretty sure you've got something backwards.

Nope, nothing backwards. I said that the show is very far from being UNprofitable. It's a top-rated show on FOX. If I'd said it was far from being PROFITABLE then I would've had something backwards.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 04:38:13 PM »
I predict Simpsons will run until season 25, and if we're all still around here by that time and i'm wrong, somebody can call me on it.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 06:47:22 PM »
Hank Hill will still live on in reruns.   I do watch it sometimes along with the other FOX cartoons when they're in reruns, because The Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives I watch on CTV.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »
For me I have not lost interest in the show. Not one bit! It just has to be back regardless on what station it's going to be on since it won't be on FOX anymore. Sure there's episodes that I've seen already that I truly love. Yet I want more though! Fresh and new is what I want when it comes to KOTH being back on the air!