Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/31/2008  (Read 23716 times)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/31/2008
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »
NO

What he said!!!

Drew with a hatchet in his head. Rich Fields as "Zorro". Models in various changes of costumes throughout it all. That's the way a Hallowen-themed TPIR is suppose to look like!!!! ;) 8-) :-)

Push: For a Car!!! :-o :-o :-o $25,279 is the way to go!!! Good job.  :-)

Punch: Did Robert really thought about giving up $5K?  :-o :-o :-o The reprocussions would've been scary (Since he had a second chance, who knows?).

Credit: GOSH!! That's a freakin' expensive guitar!!! Too bad.

Double: $4998 wasn't even my choice.  :oops:

Cover: The crew may have known right away it was over for Patricia anyway. I'll let this slide.

Bullseye: Hey audience!! TAKE THAT!!!  :-P enjamin proved them wrong. Excellent.  :-)

Showcases: Now tell me these showcases were bad. For once, Everything Fits to a T!!!!! I give a Standing Ovation to everyone involved in doing such a great job for these great performances.  :pint: :-) :-D

Brandi rocked as a 50's car hop girl, that cool robot, and as "Miss My Way". :-D

Seeing Rich call a name on camera was a great treat.  :-)

A 4.25 star-show.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 11:50:54 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »
Anyone here think [the modeling scorecard] is the biggest, silliest, most worthless piece of minutia we've got floating around here, or is it just me?

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the modeling scores, but I do rely heavily on the prices of the individual prizes in the showcases when analyzing what I did right/wrong in CSS, so I'd say that whinbaby's posts are worthwhile having.

As for the rest of the show, here goes:

Push Over:  This was essentially a choice between two sensible prizes.  The $25,279 price looked better, and it was right!  Chalk up a win for Sharon, and for me too!

Punch a Bunch:  I loved Lanisha's boxing costume -- it really fit the premise of the game!  Also, for this game, $5,000 or more is a win in my book.

Credit Card:  I was also fooled by the outrageously expensive guitar. :-(

Double Prices:  I would have liked to see Bonkers played here, (1) because it would make Sandra happy, and (2) because I like it a whole lot more than DP.  As for the actual playing, come on!  $4,998 made perfect sense, because that made the cycles $2,499 each.  This was an extremely easy setup, in my opinion.  I'm not necessarily blaming Sandra, though; the peanut gallery definitely deserves some of the blame here.

Cover Up:  Easy, except for the fourth digit, which would have lost it for me.  Patricia's poor playing almost earns a headbang graphic, but I'll leave it off for now (my head is still sore from CSS!) ;)

Bullseye:  I would have gone with four Ziplocs, and probably won.  Benjamin also picked up a nice win!

Showcases:  Today's showcases were among the best this season.  I just wish they were all scripted this well.  The only flaw was my painful $511 overbid on the Chrysler 300, which from whinbaby's post was about $1,000 less than I had it pegged at.  I'm still kicking myself for raising my bid from $30,000, blowing nearly $150,000 in cash in CSS.  :cry:

I'd say that overall, this was one of the best shows so far this season.  The showcases were well done, the costumes were excelelnt, and they fit the prizes extremely well.  I think Drew overdid it a bit with the ax in the head, though.  I think he should have taken off the wig after the first commercial because he kept hitting contestants with it.  I don't think it adds much to the show after we've seen it the first time.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 11:51:55 PM »
OK, OK, OK. I'll close my can of worms. I got the message.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 06:39:57 PM »
Nice skating by Brandi... put her on the ice, and maybe she'll be the next Michelle Kwan. :P

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Benjamin
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
Another thing about that, it seems rather difficult to simplify Cover Up's reveal. 
Not at all.  In fact, the way they do it right now seems cumbersome, thanks to the two-part reveal.

"Is that right?"  *BZZZ!*  "Well, okay then...are any digits right?"  *Ding!*

If you change the second question to "Are any or all digits right?", then why do you need the first question at all?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 02:58:13 PM »
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
"Is that right?"  *BZZZ!*  "Well, okay then...are any digits right?"  *Ding!*

If you change the second question to "Are any or all digits right?", then why do you need the first question at all?

Reverse the order of the questions...

DREW:  Does he/she have any numbers right?

IF YES...
  COMPUTER:  *DING*       

DREW:  Light them up!

COMPUTER (if it's an outright win):     *DING* *DING* *DING* *DING* *DING* *FANFARE* *CELEBRATION*
  COMPUTER (if at least one # is right):    *DING* (and the number/numbers light up)

IF NO...
  COMPUTER:  *MRRRPPP*  (GAME OVER)

(and before you comment, I know it's not computer-controlled sound effects but someone on the production team just off-stage)

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.