Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2006  (Read 22655 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2006
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »
Production #3614K - Taped April 27, 2006

Bob: audience entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Phire

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Samuel Song

1  (Mitsubishi) 52" DLP HDTV (B)
JANET 3400   WILLARD 3000   DAMIAN 1800   PAMELA *1801   ($2599)

Pamela from Alaska gets to take a walk down the GOLDEN ROAD

Ralph's White Hominy                                             .73
Cal Pak Rembrandt 4 pc Luggage set/Backpacks (B)     *93   7     793  *
Little Miss Liberty Cameo Round Crib (P)            2*69   3    2369  *
Chevy Corvette Conv. (Fairly loaded)(S)            61*25   9   61925  WIN!

2  Petroleum Artifacts Replica Gas Pump/Polident 5 Minute Denture Cleaner (P)
+Janet *2500   +Willard 3000   +Damian 1300   OMIMA 800   ($2595)

Janet, presumably from Kona, HI, plays PUNCHBOARD

Cereal Dispenser          $ 50  LOWER   $ 40  *  (41)     50
Jukebox CD/Radio           110  LOWER     90  *  (26)    500
Bamboo Handle Teapot        65  LOWER     49  *  (20)     50
(Quick Sort) Coin Sorter    70  LOWER     60  *  ( 4)  100sc  (28) 1000   LOSS

3  Paricon Sleds+Tobaggans/Capsazin P (S)
CHARLOTTE 400   +Willard 1200   +Damian 1500   Omima *500   ($550)

Omima plays CLOCK GAME

Shizzle His/Hers Bicycles (B)($898)
1200 800 950 900 875 890 900 899 897 898  WIN  (:10.2 left)

Broyhill Sofa (P)($913)
2000 1950 1800 1700 1600 "15"  TIME   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,448   Omima    35 + 60   .95   (Puny 1st & 2nd Spins)
  3,974   Janet    45 + 75    OV
 67,686   Pamela   20 +100    OV

4  Pop-a-shot Basketball Game/Frontline Plus (B)
Charlotte 400   +Willard 1   +Damian 350   FRANCES *1800   ($1895)
                STUPID BID    STUPID BID

Frances from Wayne County, GA plays DOUBLE PRICES for an American 14.6 Day Sailer (S)

$7321
($7321)   LOSS
>$6041<

5  Top-Mount Fridge-Freezer/Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter (P&S)
Charlotte 1600   +Willard 1100   +Damian 1300   ANGHU 1565   OVERBID
          1000            *600            871          870   ($729)

Willard plays DICE GAME for a Ford Focus ZX3SE (Std., Alarm, Traction, Prot)(B)

[6]   [3][2]
Rolls: $1[1][5][2][2]
            [4]   [2]   WIN!

Damian has been in the Row from the start. Perhaps that 4th One-Bid is an omen for
him - one that means he's about to be banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Is
it time for his deliverance from same?

*** HURRY-UP OFFENSE IN EFFECT ***

6  Meade LXD75 Smithsonian Telescope (S)
Charlotte 800   BISHMA 995   +Damien 2700   Anghu *1100   ($1124)

Damien heads off to the clubhouse while Anghu, a student t UC San Diego, plays PICK A
PAIR for an EZ GO Freedom SE Golf Cart and Hippo Golf Clubs (P&S)($8054)

(2) (Airborne) Remedy                       $6.99   KEEPS
(6) Garlique Supplement (30)                 8.99
(4) Pamprin All Day                          6.99   WIN!

(1) (O Cedar) Smart Grip Squeegee
(2) Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder
(5) (Finazzle) Grout Cleaner

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,895   Frances   55 +  5   .60
  9,178   Anghu     35 + 95    OV
 17,201   Willard   75 stay   .75   Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Willard has the honor.

SC1-Omima           TPiR ACTING SCHOOL (or, the many faces of Brandi)
BID       $23,000   (Apple iPod) 30GB Media Player (S)
PRICE      26,913   Honda CRF Offroad Motorcycle
DIFF       -3,913   TrailManor LS Pop-Up Travel Trailer (P)
TOTAL     $28,361

SC1-Willard         Big Island Tropical Flowers (12 mo)(P)
BID       $16,000   Magnussen Valenza Dining Group
PRICE      15,458   Noritake Fitzgerald Dinnerware (B)
DIFF         OVER   Trip to Marakesh, MOR (6n)(P)

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $128,295

...and 'Stupid' finally figures out how to post!!! Don't use Koivi for HTML!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 01:53:33 PM »
Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #198, Janet, AND #199, Pamela! :-D

Golden Road- Always a great start to a show when Golden Road is won. :-)

Bidding Round #3- The 200th hottie of the season, Charlotte! :-D

Clock Game- That was absolutely dreadful. Just awful.

Bidding Round #5- #201, Anshu! A FOUR-HOTTIE DAY! :-D

Showcase- Of all the people to win the Showcase...

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- It goes to a hottie today; Pamela.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Another pretty fun show today. A Golden Road win always helps... Grade: 3

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 01:58:49 PM »
WOW!!!!!! What a show today-some good contestants, Bob was in great form. What more can I say?

Golden Road: (Alleluia chorus) It returns with a vengeance-a big, big win-Great job, Pamela.

Punchboard: Will this game go winless this year? $1100 isn't bad, at least it wasn't $50.

Clock Game: Uh, not sure what to say here,

Double Prices: Good, we won't see this tomorrow. I hope.

Dice Game: 2 for 2 on the car games today. Fantastic. I was afraid that first 2 he rolled would be a 1. Glad I was wrong.

Pick-a-Pair: Unlike Punchy-will this game be lost?? I think it would be cool if this game went undefeated for the year. BTW: when was the last time that happened on any game? Never?

Showcases: Quote of the day here: Bob: "Willard, be a man." Hillarious stuff here.

Great show today, highlighted by the Golden Road win, will Friday be a downer? We'll find out.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »
It's today that we can be glad that Triple Play was lost on Friday :).

Golden Road is great, and also Pamela's odd sense of humor the whole time.  She didn't seem overly concerned about winning--that's a good thing--but certainly happy enough that she did win!  She was just having fun playing with Bob, rockin' with Bob, and just happened to win a Corvette in the process!  Not bad!

Willard was a fun guy, who seemed to be a craps player or something, with the way he was rolling the dice!

Janet was fun too.  It's always nice when contestants really get into the punching portion of the game like that.  Just kinda' bouncy there, and as far as she was concerned, $1100 was a win!

The acting school showcase was quite cool, with Brandi's "reactions" after each prize, though I'm not sure the second one really looked like fear to me.  But still great, especially the pouty expression at the end!

We're just never going to ever get another loss in Pick a Pair.  That's all there is to it.  Today's playing was even pretty tough, and we still couldn't finally get a loss.

You know, I could understand Charlotte not being able to hear everything Bob says.  But when she seemed so shocked that Bob wanted her to bid after the overbid, it seemed like a worse problem than just simply not being able to hear, but more like she wasn't even trying to pay attention to a single thing going on.  You gotta' at least try to pay attention!

Can anyone else remember a time when all four prizes in Punch a Bunch were lower?  Not that it seemed like they were trying to trick anyone with it today, since all four prizes looked lower anyway.  And Janet guessed lower for all four prizes.

And for that second showcase... I guess Magnussen is the new Ashley :-P?

rob typed:  when was the last time that happened on any game? Never?

I'm pretty sure Poker Game has had a few perfect seasons.  Take Two had a perfect season before as well.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that Frank. I guess the only difference, if any, though would be that Poker Game and Take Two aren't played that often,they could go 8 or 9-0 or something along those lines while Pick-a-Pair is played at the very least 20-25 times. 25-0? Wow.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »
Some pretty rough prices today, I thought.  $913 for a sofa and $7321 (vs $6041) for a sailer are toughies even if you watch often.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
$913 isn't hard for a sofa in Clock Game, though.  For Clock Game specifically, the last two numbers don't really make the game any easier or harder to win.  Well, maybe if it were like $800 exactly, it might be easier, but a $913 sofa in Clock Game isn't much harder than a $999 sofa in Clock Game.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
I didn't notice that we had contestants from both Alaska and Hawaii today.

I think I actually heard some of the audience members groan at Onima during Clock Game. $913 is kind of a hard price to get to if you're playing with any kind of strategy but that didn't even come into play here.

It's cool that Janet stuck with 'lower' on all her punchboard picks. A lot of people would've said 'higher' eventually just because they'd expect one of them NOT to be lower.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
Golden Road-YES!!!!  IT"S WON!!!!  You deserved it, Pamela.

Punchboard-$1100 is a fair haul to me.

Clock Game- (Anne Robinson) Pathetic, Miserable, Sad.

Showdown #1:ARGH!!  This is where I started to get upset.  Omina got booed twice, yet wins?!?!  Man that wheel is evil!  

Dice Game: Willard was fun to watch and seeing him react to the car win was more fun.

Pick a Pair: Darn it!  Are we ever going to see this game lost?!?!

Showcases:  Now this is where I was very upset.  Omina wins?!?!?  ARGH!!!!! And worse, it was a hard pill for Willard to swalllow.  I felt bad for him.

Overall- A great show, EXCEPT for Omina.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »
I noticed that the rainbow at the end of the Golden Road, the red and green stripes switched places, interesting.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 03:04:48 PM »
Golden Road: Kinda surprised me, because when I saw where the 1st IUFB was, I thought we were playing 3 Strikes. But it's Golden Road! When I heard the value of the grand prize, I knew it was a Corvette. Anyway, why the heck was today's playing so easy- this is not supposed to be an easy game, you know. For the Corvette, the 9 wasn't the best choice, and I would have chosen 3. I guess those unwritten rules about this game helped Miss Crosby become the third biggest winner of the season! And that's the third win of this game this season, the first time in a while that we've had so many wins in this game in one season! What's more interesting is that in each of the three wins, the grand prize was a car (Viper on Season Premiere, Cadillac XLR on the beginning of Christmas Week 2005)! Wow!!!

Punch-a-Bunch: Well, finally somebody won all the punches. Too bad even on a day like this, we can't have this game finally won. But $1,100 isn't bad.

Clock Game: Omima was just too nervous of a person for this game. At least she won the bicycles.

SSD1: Apparently Golden Road winners getting into the Showcase happens only once in a blue moon.

Double Prices: Easy for me, not for them. Day sailers are expensive.

Dice Game: I'm kinda disappointed Willard didn't overthrow the dice today given the way he shook them. Nonetheless, his reaction upon winning was priceless!

Pick-a-Pair: It was very possible to have this lost today, with lots of high prices. Alas, it didn't happen. But with Golden Road won today, we'll live.

Showcases: Both showcases were cheaper than I thought they were going to be. I thought Willard had it won, given his reactions on the reveals. Too bad Omima had to win thanks to Willard not sticking to his first instinct of $15,000- otherwise he would have won by just $458! But he still did very well today!

Overall: Great show today, for obvious reasons!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »
Yay!  We got Golden today, and it was won!  Marc suggested in chat that it would be something if Punchy was won too.  I almost thought it was, by the way Bob built up the second chance.   :-)

Omima had absolutely NO IDEA how to play Clock Game.

I loved Willard's reaction to winning the car, by going over and sitting on it.  :-)

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »
Excellent win in Golden Road. Pamela was on the ball here.
Can't complain on Punch Board. Winning $1,100 is better than $50.
In Clock Game, somehow she hasn't been pricing sofas in her lifetime. Tough loss in Double Prices. Great wins in both Dice Game and Pick-a-Pair.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »
The one bad thing about a Golden Road win is that it makes everything else kind of ancilliary.  Kind of a good thing, too, because a couple of airheads (not stupid, but ditzy) in Clock and Dice Games.  However, as much as I want to rail on Omima, her fatal flaw was that she didn't know how to play Clock Game.  She even said so herself.  I think she got the idea, but it was too little too late.

If you remember a recent Golden Road, they had a $62,000 Corvette, so since this was a $61,000 version, one might be more inclined to pick 9.

Incidentally, what is hominy?

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »
Oh man what a show! I was looking at how many games were won and how much was won today and it's really weird to say only 3 games were won, yet Price gave away nearly $130,000 for the day.

Here are my comments:

Today's show was very energetic
Two hot chicks for the day were Charlotte and Janet. Charlotte was very cute but you could tell she had no clue what was going on during the final one-bid. She didn't know there was an overbid and didn't know why she had to re-bid.

1. Golden Road- 2 of the 3 prizes were set up for an easy win. The first prize was clearly over $700. The next prize was the only one that would have tripped up our contestant. Nothing really looked right for the crib. For the corvette it was clearly a 9. The 6 and the 2 from the crib wouldn't work in the corvette price since they are rarely repeated and whatever the other number was just didn't look right. Congratulations to our winner on winning that beauty!

2. Punch-A-Bunch- Pretty decent playing today. Did anyone notice all of the right prices were LOWER than the phony prices? I was surprised she only won $1100, although that is a nice amount of pocket change. I thought for sure the way Bob was building things up when our girl Janet found the 2nd chance, that she had won $10,100

Clock Game- Omima was clearly not a avid Clock Game watcher or player. In the first round of bidding on the bikes she took her time. Then in the second round for some reason she made really high bids like $2000 and $1900. If I was in Bob's shoes I would have stopped the game, have them set the clock back to 10 seconds and tell her to bid WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY lower.

Double Prices- Seeing today's playing be lost did not shock me. Both prices didn't stand out to me.

Dice Game- Willard beat the odds! I thought he'd end up falling for the trick where you roll the 5, guess lower, and it's a 6. Same goes for when you roll the 2, guess higher, and it's a 1. But he won though and I'm happy for him!

Pick-A-Pair- Those products had some high prices today. It was a good playing I think. (I thought for sure when Brandi was driving the car around to show the golf clubs that she was gonna hit the prize backdrop. That would've been a sight to see!)

Showcases- I'm happy that Omima was able to come back strong, and win over $28,000+ in prizes, after that pitiful playing of Clock Game. Although during the showcases Bob fooled me again with his build-up. I thought for sure Willard was a DSW.

Today's show gets an A++, Even in despite of Bob's lacking of contestant interaction.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace