Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2006  (Read 22637 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2006
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 10:28:17 PM »
Um...wow.  Golden Road was incredible.  I can't believe it's been won three times this year.  Doesn't hurt that it was for a Corvette, either, and Pamela was a great contestant.

As nice as Omima was, she clearly didn't understand how to play Clock Game.  I'm glad she at least won the bikes.

The whole sixth segment of the show was weird.  First Charlotte wasn't paying attention...then Willard wasn't paying attention...and ya know, I have a feeling Willard doesn't even know how he won Dice Game.  He just seemed out of it at the end.

My God -- Pick-a-Pair was actually hard.  I even thought it was going to be lost.

Brandi was hilarious during the first showcase. :)

sideshowpa wrote:  Some pretty rough prices today, I thought. $913 for a sofa and $7321 (vs $6041) for a sailer are toughies even if you watch often.

Dude...the sofa was in freakin' Clock Game.  If she'd understood the game, she would have won it.

BobboChung wrote:  Golden Road: Kinda surprised me, because when I saw where the 1st IUFB was, I thought we were playing 3 Strikes. But it's Golden Road!

And if you'd been paying attention to where the Turntable was, you would have known that.

catdogwheel wrote:  Clock Game- Omima was clearly not a avid Clock Game watcher or player. In the first round of bidding on the bikes she took her time. Then in the second round for some reason she made really high bids like $2000 and $1900. If I was in Bob's shoes I would have stopped the game, have them set the clock back to 10 seconds and tell her to bid WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY lower.

Holy freakin' God NO.

Frank15 wrote:  Aside from that, I don't believe Bob should have stopped the clock, period. It seems he's been stopping the clock less than he did a few seasons ago, and I'm glad. If the contestant isn't playing well, just let 'em go with it.

Absolutely.  I'd much rather see a frustrating Clock Game than a forced-win Clock Game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:50 PM »

Travis Schario wrote:
OK, so did anyone notice Brandi's reaction at the end of the first Showcase?  As Rich was saying that the part she had landed was just a trick, I could swear that Brandi mouthed the "B" word to Shane.  Someone check the tape and back me up on this one.  If it's true, it's hilarious!

I *TOTALLY* thought the same thing. It looked like she said "You're a bit**"

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »
Incidentally, when the Cadillac XLR was won on the Christmas Week show, was it on a spinning turntable like today?

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 04:26:41 AM »
Great show today!

Golden Road: The backpacks were clearly $793 but I was lost on the crib. The 9 was the friendliest looking number in the price of the Corvette. And it's a nine!!!  :-D  8-) Sweeeeeet win.

Punchy: $1100 is a pretty nice payday.

IUFB#4 Charlotte. Cute.  :-)

Yay! Clock Game: Uh oh, Omima is clearly nervous. Nerves + no knowledge of how to play the game = Uuuuuuuuugly. Well at least she won the bikes, so she can ride her Shizzle to the hizzle, thanks to Clock Gizzle. (Bad, I know.)

IUFB#5: An out of order $1 bid followed by a terrible lowballing bid. Given Charlotte's $400 bid that came before those two, a $1 bid would've served no purpose anyway no matter who placed it (and not much on any other IUFB, either, except perhaps in Super Budget Mode).

Double Prices: I went with $6041.

IUFB#5: "What....I thought I already bid!"  LOL that was too funny.
"Ten hundred!"  Memo to Charlotte...You're working too hard, sweetie. Work smart, not hard. Say 'a thousand'.

A brunette having back to back "blonde moments", that was the comedic highlight of the day. I was almost hoping she'd get up on stage...

Dice Game: For a split second I thought this was the $17,210 F**kus so I got scared when Willard went higher on the first 2 he rolled. Then I remembered it's Dicey, no 0, 7, 8, or 9's in the price.

Pick-A-Pair: On my first viewing I'd spaced out for this whole game so I just wacthed without thinking. Looking at it later on, it definitley was a tough setup with all high priced stuff.

Showcase #1: LOL I definitley thought Brandi had mouthed the B word at Shane, too. But when I looked at it again, she definitley said "you're so mean".

Too bad Apple didn't sponsor that iPod. It doesn't sound right having to refer to it as just a "portable music player".

I would've gone $21,000 on that showcase.

Showcase #2: The trip to Morocco threw me, I would've bid $19,000 on it. Willard sure looked like he was going to the gallows even before Bob read the price. I thought he'd lowballed so I was shocked when he went over by a couple hundred.

Overall, though, this was a fun show.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »
I know, I've been too silent lately on the recap threads. Chalk that up to falling behind in episodes, falling behind in Barkerisms, computer tweaking, and accomplishing Mission: Impossible 6-3-2006 (where I will be returning to LA next month to be a screaming idiot - except this time it's not for the World's Greatest MC, but for the Queen Of Pop).

Now, if screaming like a lunatic for 75 minutes in the Bob Barker Studio ruins my voice for a week, I'm a little worried about two-plus hours of screaming... Maybe, just maybe, I'll have my voice back by the end of August.

Anyway...

Golden Road: Twice I thought Pamela was wrong, wrong, WRONG - the crib and Corvette both. Hey, shows what I know sometimes.. Can't beat that to kick off a show!

Punchboard: $1,100 sure isn't anything to sneeze at, though the drought lives in.. Fortunately, we at least got to see someone win four punches - which we don't see enough of anymore...

Clock Game: It's a good thing I'm in a good mood this week, because that was an absolutely horrible playing - complete with the slow guesses and not even getting under $1,000 on the sofa. Oy vey.

Showdown #1: Omima gives us not only one, but TWO wimpy spins, and... *goes to a happy place, thinks about all the fun she'll have in 22 days* Uhhh, let's move on.

One-Bid: Not only a couple poor bids the second time around, but Charlotte paying no attention? As my dear friend Sydney used to say, "That deserves a sheesh!"

Double Prices: I would've been as screwed as Frances, and also would've gone $7,321... Tough choice. Ouch.

Dice Game: I was beginning to wonder if Willard would get up on stage, especially after that $1 bid in the previous One-Bid... Nice rolling, though I was doing a bit of rolling myself (the eyes) after he had to think about going higher or lower on a one (thank you, Bob, for giving everyone the business about paying attention to you after that)...

Still, I had thought we were looking at the $16,432 ZX3, and sure enough, we were...

Pick A Pair: And unless I've lost track, the streak goes on - despite the fact The Dob is trying harder and harder to make things tougher...

Showcases: Omima definitely needed to do the opposite of what she did in Clock Game and go higher, though not as high as I did ($27,000)... I am kind of surprised Willard passed up that showcase myself...

I, too, was thinking $16,000 on Willard's showcase.. Sadly, that was not the case, and Willard is not going all the way to Marakesh...

Sadly, by going over, that means... Oh, I'll just go back to my happy place now.

(Edit) The $913 "evil" debate? No, $913 is not an evil price in Clock Game... Shooting yourself in the foot by A. Going too slow and B. Starting over $1,000 will cause more Clock Game losses than a $913 by far.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »
Travis Schario,

I replayed it and it didn't look like she said the "B" word. However it did look like the word she said did start with a "B," but not the word you're thinking.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »
Golden Road: Due to a minor counter snafu, I began watching to the point where Bob shows the price of the Corvette (even though I have everything before that). I think I might be a pro at this, because I thought this was easy to win.

Punch-A-Bunch: "I couldn't be all lower today." It was, and we still anticipate a $10K win.

Clock Game: I think we all knew Omima was not going to get the bonus.

Double Prices: Nothing much, considering the better games take a litle time.

Dice Game: I just love those rolls. I had those fears of losing to a 1 from the last playing.

It seems that those that bid 1 too early always end up going to the House this week. Oh, well.

Pick-A-Pair: Not easy. I couldn't exactly figure out between the Pamprin or the squeegee.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline uncleplinko

• 9/22/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • Travis Schario dot Net
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 11:06:39 PM »
Alright, I just watched the tape again, and there does look like a "B", but it does end in "mean."  My apologies to Brandi, should she see this post.
New, updated site for the OU Game Show Club:  http://www.ougsas.org/

My Lewis Black Moment:  If it hadn't had been for "The Price is Right," I would have never graduated college!

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 12:11:51 AM »
Another good show today.  Keep it up!

Golden Road: I KNEW this was coming.  :-D And it was won!!!  :-D :-D

Punch Board: Now, I know it's tough to follow up after Golden Road, but playing a game with prizes $50, $100, and $250 prizes doesn't help.  But hey, $1100 is pretty good (for this game).

Along with the question about if all 4 prizes have ever been lower before, I wonder if anyone's ever punched only $50 holes before?

Clock Game: It was dull because we all knew she would lose.  At least she got the bikes.

SCSD1: We've sure been getting a lot of boos lately.  

One-bid #4: Bob's hair has been a little whiter since.

Double Prices: Neither choice seemed obvious.

Dice Game: I'm sure glad we didn't have what happened last time!  :-)

Pick-A-Pair: This one was EVIL. :evil: :evil: Roger finally figured out it was time for a loss.  But we still didn't get one! :-x I'm now officially a member of the PPLW (Pick-A-Pair Loss Wanted).

Those great showcase themes just keep on coming.  :-D

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
Golden -- Yay, a win and she deserved it since she clearly knew how to play the game!

Punch: A modest win, 1100 isn't bad, but not the big guns.

Clock Game : Oy, clearly not an avid TPIR watcher(Even though Omima was kinda cute :-) ). Too slow, gotta speed up!

DP: Was a toss up if you ask me.

Dice: Gotta love Willard looking to the audience for advice on that first number. Is it higher or lower than 1? Gimme a freakin' break! Hey, he did win though, so I won't roast Willard too bad.

PAPPY: Wow, I have to 2nd the rest of the group, what a hard, hard setup, but still won. There is no way to lose PAPPY? How many wins on it this season? And when was the last lost if anybody can remember?

Willard was a little bit over, but he had the right idea for the showcase bid. Hey, decent show with GR in it, automatically a 6 or better without a doubt.