Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR SPECIAL 11/14/2008  (Read 57917 times)

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR SPECIAL 11/14/2008
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »
Switch?: Nice win by Jacob!
Let em Roll: Excellent win by Deborah!
Freeze Frame: So close for Robin
Card Game: Nice win by Samuel!
Race Game: Great playing by Chad!
Squeeze Play: Nice win by Ashley!
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
You know, upon rewatching this show today, I realized that even though there are problems now, things were worse earlier in the season.

Drew here was awkward and mumbling throughout much of the show, the directing by Eskander was noticeably worse than DiPirro (obviously), we had 3 quickies, and a car game 4th. This show was decent, but watching it makes me realize how much better things are now.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
I really didn't care too much for this episode of The Price Is Right.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
I really didn't care too much for this episode of The Price Is Right.

I mostly agree with you, but why? You always say that you liked or didn't like something, but you never explain why.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 04:04:56 PM »
One thing that I really enjoyed about this episode was that Drew referred to the One-Bid items as 'items up for bids' instead of 'prizes up for bids'.  After hearing PUFB for months, it was nice to hear IUFB.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
You know, I never, ever thought I'd say this, but the green screen "trip skins" look infinitely better than the video screens.  They put a serious kink in the directing, but at least they provide that big, imposing backdrop that was always so impressive with the actual skins.

It was very refreshing to see Let 'em Roll and Card Game actually get played.

Oh...and they finally aired the original version of the opening!  Yay!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
You know, I never, ever thought I'd say this, but the green screen "trip skins" look infinitely better than the video screens.  They put a serious kink in the directing, but at least they provide that big, imposing backdrop that was always so impressive with the actual skins.

Steve, you're right that from a viewer's perspective, they look better. But, the video screens are ultimately more helpful in pricing the trips than the green screens because the contestant can see what they are playing for, and they can see images of the hotel and all that.

-temptation1979ga

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
It would be nice if they had left in the shout outs from the roops overseas at the end of each act. It was a good idea to have this show coincide with the 4th of July.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
One reason why I think they left those out is because either the troops returned to the States or were captured by the enemy, killed in battle, etc., and out of respect for their families, they weren't aired.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »
Either that or the full episode was too long for daytime.

-temptation1979ga

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 12:25:36 PM »
I watched the rerun on friday and honestly that was the first time I had seen the show since when it aired on november 14th I was calling bingo and forgot to tape the show.  I honestly wasn't impressed with it.