Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/17/2008  (Read 17811 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/17/2008
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
Putt-Putt:  Yay!  Rich putts!  First time for Rich, and the first time in about 20 years that any announcer has done an inspirational putt.  Of course, Rich might've made it if Drew hadn't been humorously distracting him. :P

Except that Rich putts straighter than he must've thought he would.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
I'm guessing that chat totally crashed when Drew asked Rich to putt in Hole In One. :lol:

His putt wasn't that great, though. Celeste's putt, however... great stuff. There was never a doubt.

It'll go down as a "painful loss" in Joe's recap, but honestly, I could see the Dice Game loss coming from a mile away.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Shirley
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 10:43:23 PM »
It was nice to see Rich taking a turn at the inspiration putt, but Drew shouldn't have yelled at him twice. Once was funny, twice was not necessary.

The first Showcase wasn't too bad. I like to see Rich in showcases in a different setting than his announcer's podium.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 10:51:38 PM »
1/2 Off:  Too bad! :-(  That was pretty neat heving 1/2 Off first, though! :-)  I guess the Wii version of the TPIR video game is more expensive than the version that they had on the last 2 playings of Cliff Hangers, which I believe was the PC version both times because I remember that version being only $20.
Squeeze Play:  I thought for sure Colette was right about removing that 4! 8-O
Hole In One:  Celeste's putt was great, but Rich needed to line the ball up better on his putt.  Speaking of which, that was nice that Rich got to do the Inspiration Putt this time! :-)
1 Right Price:  Good job! :-)
Dice Game:  I still thought that was a heartbreaking loss even though I knew he was going to lose when he said that the second number in the price of the car was higher. :cry:
Flip Flop:  Good job! :-)  I was thinking flop the whole time.  Again I thought they were going to play Check Game.  When will we see Check Game again?
Showcases:  That first showcase was pretty cool! :-)  That was neat how they had the lights dimmed and the fog on the shots of Rich during that showcase! :-)

Pretty good show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »
Game #46 (#6,967)

Showcase #1
Jukebox - $7,000
40 GB Video Camera - $950
Dodge Charger - $22,645

Showcase #2
Dining Room - $8,832
Snowboards, snowboards - $4,238
Trip to Lech - $7,295

Total show prize value:  $120,866 (25 prizes)

Your Modeling Scorecard for November 24, 2008
Daily Records
I don't have as many records on file for November 24 as most other days, only 2003 and 2004.  These are what I have from high to low:
$88,231 (Rebecca Mary, 2004)
$77,979 (Shane Stirling, 2004)
$70,905 (Brandi Sherwood, 2003)
$46,624 (Zubaydah Richardson, 2004)
$39,002 (Claudia Jordan, 2003)
$36,518 (Gabrielle Tuite, 2003)

Gabrielle Tuite
November 24
Total dollars:  $32,879 (now the lowest November 24 total on file)
($28,611 won, $4,268 lost)
Total prizes:  7 (5-2)
Cars, Trips: 1, 0

After 6 shows
Total dollars:  $328,175
($102,889 won, $225,286 lost)
Total prizes:  51 (31-20)
Cars, Trips: 8, 4 (2-6, 2-2)

Phire Dawson
November 24
Total dollars:  $41,013 (now the fourth lowest November 24 total on file)
($7,711 won, $33,302 lost)
Total prizes:  9 (5-4)
Cars, Trips: 1, 1

After 4 shows
Total dollars:  $221,664
($124,848 won, $96,816 lost)
Total prizes:  39 (28-11)
Cars, Trips: 4, 1 (1-3, 0-1)

Amber Lancaster
November 24
Total dollars:  $43,906 (now the middle November 24 total on file)
($30,329 won, $13,577 lost)
Total prizes:  9 (7-2)
Cars, Trips:  1, 1

After 5 shows
Total dollars:  $207,533
($156,740 won, $50,793 lost)
Total prizes:  38 (31-7)
Cars, Trips:  4, 5 (3-1, 5-0)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure it was an attempted joke, but it came off completely the wrong way and was thus somewhat nasty.

I felt the same way about Drew yelling at Shirley.  But I have a question.  When you see a show in the studio live, what exactly are contestants seeing or not seeing that is this "Green Wall?"  Aren't they showing trips like we see them at home on our TV sets?  I know for the Showcases, they have the Contestants look at a big monitor for the prizes.

Why does Price have this wall thing if it is believed by most to be intrusive to the trips offered?

Joe

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:50 AM »
I thought the first showcase was really good today. And I hope Drew grabbed a pen and piece of paper to take some notes down from Rich.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 12:55:52 AM »
I felt the same way about Drew yelling at Shirley.  But I have a question.  When you see a show in the studio live, what exactly are contestants seeing or not seeing that is this "Green Wall?"  Aren't they showing trips like we see them at home on our TV sets?  I know for the Showcases, they have the Contestants look at a big monitor for the prizes.

The audience sees what we see at home...however all the contestant sees is this:

As for today's show...

I thought Drew was somewhat funny when he started yelling at Shirley (it was clearly a joke), but it took a bad turn VERY fast. She wasn't the greatest contestant either...even with 1/2 Off she seemed confused. And @ the big wheel she didn't even try!

Two one-bids in a row without a real prize reveal?! That's just plain stupid. It looks horrible when they suddenly cut to a shot of the prize without a reveal.

I was excited to see that Rich got to make an inspiration putt, but I wasn't impressed with Drew's antics again. It was rude. That was probably a big deal for Rich. I find Drew just passes off the inspiration putt as pointless, boring and dumb - but it's part of that game and part of what makes it special.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:13:50 AM by Joe_Capitano »
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
PriceFan14's rendition of the green wall, although the green is more "hunter green" than neon, IS DEAD ON.

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 02:49:04 AM »
Gripe number 2: That may have been a painful loss in DICE GAME, but where were the LOSING HORNS!?? My brother must be the music cue director because he has always said that if he were in charge, when male contestants lose, they only get the buzzer, and when female contestants lose, they get the buzzer plus the losing horns. I told him isn't that a sign of discrimination against the opposite sex? No response from my brother. But if you're keeping track since Friday, two male contestants played pricing games that carry the losing horns. MOST EXPENSIVE and DICE GAME, both games lost by males, no losing horns.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »
PriceFan14's rendition of the green wall, although the green is more "hunter green" than neon, IS DEAD ON.

Thanks Willy and PriceFan,

Well than I will join the majority here and say THE GREEN WALL SUCKS!  I don't know much about TV and studio acoustics, but from a production standpoint, how is it made so that when trips are shown to us at home under this format that we can see what Contestant's Row can't?  That doesn't seem fair to Contestant's Row at all.  That's terrible!  The people in the studio should be seeing EXACTLY what we are seeing at home.

UGHHHH!  How can Rich be describing a trip and they are looking at that hideous wall?  It makes NO SENSE!  I can't see any justification for the Green Wall. 

What is the distance range from Contestent's Row to the Center Door?  (Which I presume is still called Door #2) If contestants could see the conventional backdrop of a trip as an IUFB for 36 years, there is no reason to change that!

Now that I know what the Green Wall is, I am appalled that Price is using it!  It's just not fair for bidding purposes.  I hope everyone can hear Rich's prize descriptions OK as well.

Joe

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
IUFB #1: I know inside of the BBS live can be a near-deafening experience. But I'm not gonna pin that on why Shirley didn't hear Rich's decription. That Green Wall is an abomination and it needs to get the "F" out amd Drew, Don't Yell!!!

1/2 Off: Too bad. I would've chose 6.

Squeeze:  8-O 8-O :-o :-o JUST EVIL!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Hole: Seeing Rich do the inspiration putt was a cool treat. it would've been cooler kept that yap of his shut!!!  :roll: I believe Brandi did an inspiration putt in 2005, so it really hasn't been that long since someone other than the emcee did it. Celeste made her putt dead on. Excellent.  :-)

1RP: I'm starting to miss BBB.  :cry: Nice win, though.

Dice: Those Ford Fusions would definitely not be over $22K. It was bad luck that poor Christopher to roll that 2.

FlipFlop: Very nice.

Showcases: Even with a smoke machine and dimmed lights, Showcase #1 still kinda' lacked in originality. Rich's position throughout it though was very interesting. Christopher came out well after the DG disaster.

A 2.75-star show

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 08:33:17 AM »
I don't know much about TV and studio acoustics, but from a production standpoint, how is it made so that when trips are shown to us at home under this format that we can see what Contestant's Row can't?

It's a technology called chroma key -- everything in the images that's one particular color (in this case, green) is replaced with the feed from another camera.  It's how they get the contestants' faces to appear on Clock Game and the original Danger Price board.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »
I don't know much about TV and studio acoustics, but from a production standpoint, how is it made so that when trips are shown to us at home under this format that we can see what Contestant's Row can't? 
It's the exact same thing that TV weather broadcasters use when they stand in front of the weather graphics.  Having never been in the studio, I do have a couple questions:

1) Can contestants standing in Contestant's Row see a monitor?   Then they'd see what everyone else can see.
2) What do they do when cameras get in the way of what they are bidding on - I'd think shooting at a prize behind Door 3 would be blocked by the camera?

And quite honestly, during a trip description, they show quite a bit of things during it that wouldn't show up on the trip skin if it were present anyway (the hotel description, the flight, etc.) - I don't know how much more a contestant gets out of a picture of an artist's rendition of the Eiffel Tower versus a seeing the word "Paris" and a green wall.  There just isn't that much more information conveyed by the skin....

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »
And quite honestly, during a trip description, they show quite a bit of things during it that wouldn't show up on the trip skin if it were present anyway (the hotel description, the flight, etc.) - I don't know how much more a contestant gets out of a picture of an artist's rendition of the Eiffel Tower versus a seeing the word "Paris" and a green wall.  There just isn't that much more information conveyed by the skin....

I would recognize a giant picture of the Eiffel Tower quicker than I'd recognize the name "Paris" or "France" on a green wall.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~