Author Topic: Dec 1 or Dec 2 tapings  (Read 5985 times)

Offline fyndingmypath

• Outside in Line
Dec 1 or Dec 2 tapings
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
It's official!  My friend and I just booked our nights at the Farmer's Daughter for these dates!!  We're so excited!  Anyone else going?  Let's meet up!

btw... I know there are tips here, but I'm completely open to any updated suggestions people have about arrival times, etc.  I don't ever get to take vacations, so I want to do everything I can to make these two days the best ever!  Thanks all.

--shan

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Dec 1 or Dec 2 tapings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
I haven't been to the studio since February, but reading the reports from everyone else who's been this season, I can give these recommendations for arrival times:

If you want to be first in line, I'd probably get in line around midnight, since that seems to be the time the first person usually shows up for a 'normal' taping.
I've shown up as late as 3am and gotten in the front row, and nothing I'm hearing would indicate that this has changed, but I wouldn't count on it happening every time.
If you want a good seat in the second or third row, you're probably looking at 4-5am.
If you just want to get in the studio, period, it really doesn't matter and you could probably get in at 9am, the way things have been going this season.

I'll leave it to the rest of the crowd to give any further suggestions (and as a note to Willy and Co, please keep the negativity to a minimum.  We don't want to be dream-crushers here.  :-) )
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline fyndingmypath

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »
I'll leave it to the rest of the crowd to give any further suggestions (and as a note to Willy and Co, please keep the negativity to a minimum.  We don't want to be dream-crushers here.  :-) )

Thanks so much for the information!  Yeah - please don't be negative.  I know there are problems, but a visit is a visit -- and will probably be the only visit I get to make for quite some time. 

Any other suggestions for places to visit while we're there?  Like I said, we're staying at the Farmer's Daughter hotel, but we would love any insight into other things to do...  Thanks!

(We may even try to sneak in a Wheel visit...)

Offline tprince

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:08:51 AM »
We showed up at 6:00am this mornign and we were #123-#126.  so not bad, but not great if you want 1st or 2nd row.  The people who were 1st row we in line since 11:00pm the night before.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:29:10 AM »
(and as a note to Willy and Co, please keep the negativity to a minimum.  We don't want to be dream-crushers here.  :-) )

Wow...zing bam boom.  Where did that come from? 

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:42 AM »
Sorry...pre-emptive strike.  I was trying to turn this thread into a "no-negativity zone".

Offline USflyboy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »
I'll be there for the Dec 2nd and 3rd tapings!  Hosting another company group trip so there will be about 20 co-workers with me too!  We've been averaging a trip once a quarter.

Offline fyndingmypath

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 07:42:28 AM »
well here we are on the big day... txting from my cell.  we are #11 and 12 in line... close enough for me.  its 4:30 am and a little chilly but not too bad.  some great hawaiians just joined the pack.  lots of fun.  (my roommate may not agree...)  hopefully good news to post later!

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »
It's 17 degrees here.  You don't get to complain about chilly.  ;)

Offline fyndingmypath

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »
LOL oh believe me... I hear ya.  Back home (near St. Louis - Hi Marc!), it's about 40 degrees.... during the day!  I'm so loving it out here.  I could see myself living out here some day.

Wonder if they need any librarians....

Time to get "gussied up" for the sho'...  Talk at ya'all later.  (How's that for good librarian speak?)