Author Topic: best game show episode of TV series  (Read 7301 times)

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: best game show episode of TV series
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 10:42:06 AM »
I love both Golden Girls' Game Show Moments.  I'm also a fan of The Nanny and loved all their game show interactions.  I always laugh when Peter guesses Q, 4, Batman Symbol, Q, and Q and gets the puzzle with no letters.  If I think of other game show moments others haven't mentioned, I'll post them.

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 03:22:48 AM »

Superballer wrote:
  Second place for me is The Real Ghostbusters' "The Devil to Pay," where our heroes sign up to play "Race the Devil," finding out only after the fact that it's more or less as the title entails.  There's just something strangely appealing about a game that includes a threatening game of "Spikes" (who knew "YEEEERRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!" was an official word?), a twisted version of Let's Make a Deal (what would you take if your choices were between Door #1, Door #1, and Door #1?), and a "bonus round" that has you strapped to the Roulette Wheel of Doom and forced to admit something terrible you kept from everyone else (EGON:  Once in college I got an A- on a test and my parents wouldn't talk to me for a week.  PETER:  Can we drop the ball on him!?)

Oddly enough, I actually remember that episode, albeit primarily for this part (paraphrased):

Peter:  I sold my soul to the devil, I sold my soul to the devil, I sold my soul to the devil...

Egon: You did not sell your soul to the devil, this is merely some lesser demon.

Peter: I sold my soul to some lesser demon, I sold my soul to some lesser demon, I sold my soul to some lesser demon...

The other one I (vaguely) remember is the episode of the Carol Burnett show where she makes an appearance on the Gong Show and gets gonged by all three judges at once for a terrible rendition of "Feelings"...

Offline jrh31584

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
"What is...Cliff Clavin?" is probably my favorite.  Another one I liked was part of an episode of Animaniacs when Brain went on a Jeopardy-type show; the whole segment also referenced Ralph Kramden's appearance on "The $99,000 Answer."

Offline kav

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:14:46 PM »

Punchboard91 wrote:
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had one with Bob Eubanks, I believe. It was Will and Carlton vs. Jazz and Tyriq. Carlton kept getting buzzed out, because he took too long to say his answer (he went into the history of the answer), and the capital of Ohio being "O" was accepted as a correct answer.

That episode was hilarious!  The best part was when Jazz and Will got in a fight in the isolation booth, then they stopped fighting and hugged.

rob79 wrote:
My fave was the episode on Family Matters where Eddie used Steve's transformation chamber to make himself "Urkel" smart to go on a gameshow and win big. Not sure what the name of the game show was but the whole bit with Eddie as Urkel and Steve on there was hillarious.

The game show was "What Do You Know". Eddie and Steve kept battling it out and in the end the guy with 0 won.  Other game show eps of Family Matters were Eddie, Steve, and Waldo going on "Dudes" (a Studs-like show), and Carl and Steve settling their differences on American Gladiators.

On Chappelle's Show, there was a sketch where Dave hosted a game show "I Know Black People".  In one of the introductions, the voiceover goes "Dave Chappelle, come on down, you're the next Black comedian to get his own show", and the TPiR theme music plays while Dave gets onto the stage.  There was also something TPiR related in the sketch where Dave imagined what the Internet would be like if it was a real place you could visit, but this is a family friendly board, so I won't say it here.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »
There's a few I forgot. How could we forget when Sammo Hung made on to the stage of "The Price is Right" on "Martial Law." He had no clue about what was going on. It was kinda funny. Yet he won himself a big-screen TV, Of course that was just in the script.  

MADtv did a mock of Wheel of Fortune. The script was basically about what Pat is really thinking. And he kept getting annoyed that the contestants couldn't guess the puzzle when there was only one letter missing. It was histerical.

Also Full House did some type of Newlywed game show for a valentine's day ep that Joey hosted. The two teams consisted of Danny and his TV-fiance Vicki Larson and the other team was DJ and Steve.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »
I haven't seen it in a long time, but the Gimme a Break episode with Nell and Addy and Nell decides to solve the puzzle "Give Me Liberty or Give Me a Car" (which is incorrect as the puzzle is Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death).  It was both Pat and Vanna nighttime era, circa 84 or 85.