Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 21--THE END  (Read 30708 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 21--PG #1
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
[color=FF0000]LiteBulb88:  $1200[/color]
[color=0000FF]Jordanar18:  $900[/color]
[color=FF9900]Futuregsh:  $1400[/color]
[color=009900]rob79:  $875[/color]

And the actual--no, I have to ask.  Why $875, rob?  That seems like the weirdest bid we've had in a spell on our show.

Ah well.  The actual retail price of the tent is...

$1575, and Jade wins!  And Jade, as the winner, I would like for you to follow me up to the turntable, where we are going to play the first pricing game of the day for something nice.  Howdy, Future Guy.  Now that you're here, I want you to win that.

Rich:  A lovely living room group.  From FurnitureOnTheWeb.com, this brown leather living room comes with ottoman, leisure chair, love seat, and sofa, all in soft dark brown one hundred percent bycast leather, coated in polyurethane for a pull-up look that's set off with contrasting piping.  With the rolled armrests, this living room is both stylish and cozy at the same time.  Also comes with a beautiful coffee table and two end tables to drink coffee or place exotic lamps to set the proper mood for your living space.  It's a prize package worth $11,310!

And fortune has smiled upon thee, for you are going to play the ever-popular Shell Game.  Legally, it's the only game that can be described as "ever-popular."  Or our legal analyst says so.  Anyway, I am now shuffling the shells, to confuse you as to where the ball is.  Don't know where the ball is now, do ya'?  My shell shuffling skills are unbeaten!

...nevermind that you had no idea where the ball was to start with.

[color=0000FF]*Image deleted.[/color]

Now, there is a ball under one of the four shells.  To win the living room, you must place a shell beside the chip... a chip beside the shell that you believe has the ball under it.  But don't touch the chip!  Don't even think about that.  To get the chips, you must win prizes that come with the chips, the first of which is what?

Rich:  From Samuels Jewelers, this 0.1 carat diamond promise ring has a beautiful modern design with 1.6 grams of 10 karot gold.

And what's the wrong price?

$265 is wrong wrong wrong!  But is the right price higher or lower than $265?  Get it right and you win the ring and, more importantly, a chip.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 21--IUFB #1
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 03:05:34 PM »
My bidding skills are a bit rusty, Frank. Besides, i originally thought about bidding and I should have bid $1500. But, boy, its good to be back in the row again.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 08:44:27 PM »
And Future didn't reply.  So I guess since it's been 30 hours, he must be removed.  So... can't let the game go to waste.  Or I don't want to.  Not like anything's been spoiled with the game, anyway, so without further adu, Abu, Iago, or Barbara Eden, we'll just do a bit of mid-production editing here.  Digitally remove Futuregsh's image from contestant's row, and... pricing game #1, take 2, and action!

[color=FF0000]LiteBulb88:  $1200[/color]
[color=0000FF]Jordanar18:  $900[/color]
[color=FF9900]Replacement:  Kathryn Page[/color]
[color=009900]rob79:  $875[/color]

And the actual retail price of the tent is...

$1575, and Britey wins!  And Britey, as the winner, I would like for you to follow me up to the turntable, where we are going to play the first pricing game of the day for something nice.  Howdy, Britey.  Now that you're here, I want you to win that.

Rich:  A lovely living room group.  From FurnitureOnTheWeb.com, this brown leather living room comes with ottoman, leisure chair, love seat, and sofa, all in soft dark brown one hundred percent bycast leather, coated in polyurethane for a pull-up look that's set off with contrasting piping.  With the rolled armrests, this living room is both stylish and cozy at the same time.  Also comes with a beautiful coffee table and two end tables to drink coffee or place exotic lamps to set the proper mood for your living space.  Yes, it's the exact same prize we tried to give... I mean, that never happened.  It's a prize package worth $11,310!

And fortune has smiled upon thee, for you are going to play the ever-popular Shell Game.  Legally, it's the only game that can be described as "ever-popular."  Or our legal analyst says so.  Anyway, I am now shuffling the shells, to confuse you as to where the ball is.  Don't know where the ball is now, do ya'?  My shell shuffling skills are unbeaten!

...nevermind that you had no idea where the ball was to start with.

...and yes, I'm reading all of this junk off the cuecards.  That's why it's identical to what I told... wait, edit this sentence out.

Now, there is a ball under one of the four shells.  To win the living room, you must place a shell beside the chip... a chip beside the ball... urgh, this is the hardest thing to get straight!  A chip beside the shell that has the ball underneath.  Yay, got it right!  But don't touch the chip!  Yes, it's required I tease you with the chip, only to not allow you to touch it.  To get the chips, you must win the prizes, the first of which is what?

Rich:  From Samuels Jewelers, this 0.1 carat diamond promise ring has a beautiful modern design with 1.6 grams of 10 karot gold.

And what's the wrong price?  Why am I asking, we all remember it was $265.

And it still is $265.  And $265 is still wrong wrong wrong!  But is the right price higher or lower than $265?  Get it right and you win the ring and, more importantly, a chip.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 10:03:11 PM »
I'll go higher.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »
Britey says higher, show us a higher, Janice!

[color=FF0000]bonk![/color]

Ooh, no, it was lower, I'm afraid.  Let's not dwell on that, though.  You can always get a chip with this next prize, Rich?

Rich:  Right.  From Matterhorn, a pair of men's 8-inch waterproof combat boots are made of breatheable full-grain leather, Goodyear welt construction, Cambrelle breatheable moisture wicking lining, and 400 grams of Thinsulate insulation.

And the wrong price, Janice?

$210.  Is the right price higher or lower?

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »
How did I miss this? Crap, sometimes I need to check links better. Sorry Frank... My bad on this :(

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »
Combat boots?  I confess it's been a while since I priced them...but I'll say higher again.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 12:01:53 AM »
Ah well.  Couldn't tell ya', Future.  I mean, um... err, we'll have to edit out this conversation in post-production, probably.

Anyway, Britey, you say higher again, and you are...

[color=009900]ding![/color]

Right this time!  It's $247, which is higher, so you earn a chip.  Now please place it in front of the shells.  Or if you find that difficult, reaching into the computer monitor to physically place one of the chips, then just tell me which shell--#1, #2, #3, or #4--you would like a chip beside.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »
Sweet.  I'll say shell #2.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »

All right.  You'd probably like more chips, I bet.  I mean, you can never have just one, or so they say.  So Rich, another prize, please.

Rich:  Indeedy do, the Casio EV-570 handheld portable TV has a 2.5-inch high-resolution LCD screen, the TV measures 8.5 by 7 by 1.4 inches, and weighs less than a pound, and runs up to two hours on four AAA batteries.

Wrong price?

$180.  Right price higher or lower?

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 08:41:38 AM »
I'll go lower.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 08:51:20 AM »
Britey says lower.

[color=009900]ding![/color]

Britey's right!  It's $150, which is lower, so you get another chip.  Place it by one of the shells.  Though if I may give some advice, you probably don't want to place this one also by shell #2.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »
I'll go for shell #4.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

All right.  Might as well get one more while we're at it.  I mean, if you have exactly two chips, then we have neither an opportunity for an incredible, against-the-odds win, nor an opportunity for a tragic, rare-bad-luck loss.  And we all want at least a slight chance for the tragic loss, since there's no more chance for the against-the-odds win, right?

Or maybe not.  You probably want a third chip anyway I'll bet, so Rich, please tell us about the last prize.

Rich:  From 3M, the MMMTL1000C polarizing fluorescent task lamp measures 21 inches high and weighs four pounds.

And Janice, please show us the last wrong price.

$145.  Is the right price higher or lower, Britey!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »
Here's hoping for a shot at the tragic loss...but also hoping that said loss doesn't occur :-).  I'll go higher.