Author Topic: Favorite TV Shows right now (other than TPIR)?  (Read 9742 times)

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Favorite TV Shows right now (other than TPIR)?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
This may sound weird, but I am very much old-school. I enjoy such things as "Hawaii Five-O," "Hardcastle and McCormick," "Taxi," "CHiPs," "Mary Tyler Moore," etc.

Thats no where near old school in my book.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »

What would you think is old school, if what I listed is not, in your opinion, old school? I always thought that the '80's (a lot of that decade, anyway) was old school. Nothing against your opinion-- just asking.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
What would you think is old school, if what I listed is not, in your opinion, old school? I always thought that the '80's (a lot of that decade, anyway) was old school. Nothing against your opinion-- just asking.

I love 1950's US television and probably UK to if it existed in the same means as the many US shows to.

For example Dragnet, The Phil Silvers Show, The Honeymooners and the many game-shows.

I wish UK television was so intact from the time period.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 08:39:49 AM »
Here in the States we get The Honeymooners on Sunday nights on WGN America.  Great television program.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
Nick, I hate you :P.

Quote from: Patchy

Those shows not being even near old school would be akin to claiming that Plinko is not even close to being a classic pricing game.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
Nick, I hate you :P.

Those shows not being even near old school would be akin to claiming that Plinko is not even close to being a classic pricing game.

Cause its not, a chip falls  :lol:  :-x

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
In the afternoon version of TTTT, Kermit the Frog is a panelist temporarily.  Granted, this version of TTTT was originally being produced in 2000-2001, but lucky for me they are airing these days in syndication.  *side note: what would you give if KTF was a CONTESTANT on TTTTpm instead of a PANELIST? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:  They would have to produce 2 additional frogs, and the panelists job would be to figure out which puppeteer worked on Sesame Street.

The question is now what would you give if Kermit the Frog and Oscar the Grouch on the same episode of a game show these days.

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2009, 05:24:44 PM »
The question is now what would you give if Kermit the Frog and Oscar the Grouch on the same episode of a game show these days.

There was a funny moment on today's airing.  It was Kermit's time to ask questions.  He asked a question to #2.  Apparently, contestant #2 could not understand kermit.  Because she said "you know what, I don't understand FROG language.  Say again?"  Then Kermit repeated, saying "blahblah RIBBIT RIBBIT" and so on. 

#2 was number 1's sister.

When it was Meshach's turn to reveal his answer, he made a comment about Kermit's inability to speak english.

Back to the topic, there's another show I watch every weekday I never posted here in this thread: Shepherd's Chapel on MYTV.  It's a series where either Arnold Murray or Dennis Murray, relationship unknown by me, usually sits down and gives a sermon then reads letters of questions by viewers.  In this format, the pastor sits behind a desk in a room like chambers.  Sometimes however they preach at the pulpit in front of apparently an audience/congregation (they never ever show the audience but sometimes they are heard.)  Only downside of that format is the pastors' ages are inconsistent.  Sometimes the pastors are in their twenties or 30s, sometimes the older one is elderly.  The other thing is the continuity does not happen, regarding the segue into the q/a format.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:27:45 PM by SteveEllis »
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.