Author Topic: Retro TPiR Wish List v2  (Read 101893 times)

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Retro TPiR Wish List v2
« on: August 25, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
After seeing two requests in this forum, I think it would be a good idea to start this tread in the new forum.  This topic would be a place to request any recap for any version of the series.  Here's what was stated in the previous forum about this topic...

Y'all having a blast recalling TPiR episodes from years gone by? Perhaps there are 3 or 4 shows you might faintly remember that you'd like someone to post a recap for. That's what this Sticky Thread is for.

In your request be as specific as possible, but keep it brief (Don't flood!). Realize that the ability for anyone to provide a recap of any show is dependent on one or more of the following:

1. They have a tape of the show from some source,
B. They have a written account somewhere, and
III. They have the time to compose the above from same.

RULES:
1. RECAP REQUESTS ONLY! NO requests for videos, etc. Those are beyond the scope of this forum and will be discarded.
2. Once a recap is posted in response to a request, that post (or relevant portion thereof) will also be discarded.
3. When posting a requested recap, please use BY REQUEST: in the thread title followed by the show date (if known)

BTW: Our ol' pal Scorpz has brief recaps of shows seen during Price Seasons 28 to 31 (before G-R.net went live) on his website. You may want to check it out.

HELPFUL TIPS FOR RECAPS: If you're working off a oldie taped from GSN, they usually were good to show air and/or tape dates. Note those. If you are working from a recording captured directly from the original CBS airing - Lucky You! - watch the network promos during the breaks. You might be able to pin things down.

Try to give specific makes and models of prizes rather than merely using the generic term like "Rocking Chair" or "Dining Room Group". Also, on all One-Bids avoid the use of the abbreviation "IUFB". Use "Item #n" or just '#n' instead.

Let's get busy...

Mods, if you want to sticky this, it's up to you.

NOTE:  Please search the forums still!  You're show may have already been covered!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

• In the Audience
Request for recap of highest winning Plinko in "$5000 slot" era
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:38:12 PM »
I remember someone winning $20,000 in the '90s, but that's all I know. Does anyone have a taping of entire episode where there was a highest winning in "$5,000 slot" era? If so, I'm not asking for borrowing a tape. Instead, it's best if we need a text recap. Thanks!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Request for recap of highest winning Plinko in "$5000 slot" era
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 12:29:18 AM »
I believe $21,000 was the record. (4 $5,000s, and 1 $1,000)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Request for recap of highest winning Plinko in "$5000 slot" era
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 07:31:46 AM »
You're correct.  I believe the episode was from 1996 or sometime around there.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Sean2499

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Retro TPiR Wish List v2
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
my request is the one where toni wins the porsche

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »
My birthday, November 11, 1991 and any DSW between 87 and 91.

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »
My request is for more pricing game debuts that weren't already recapped.  I also have a request for the recap on my birthday, May 24, 1979 (it was a Thursday, not sure if TPIR aired this day).

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
tpiradam, I actually do have half of the 11/11/91 episode from GSN. I asked about it on the old board because my tape ran out at the beginning of game #4. The first four contestants were Robert, Mary, Alex and Kelli. The games were Card Game, Now or Then, Race Game, Clock Game, Most Expensive and 5 Price Tags. I don't have my tapes or VCR with me, but this is what I remember.

* The models were wearing pantsuits; Jan and Holly in green and Dian and Kathleen in black.

* Mary, a student at Wisconsin State University, drew almost all face cards in Card Game. She drew an ace and saved it. When she had a bid of $8000, she decided to make the ace $200 and quit with a final bid of $8200. She lost the Volkswagen Fox, which turned out to be a rather cheap $7720.

* Rod called Ronald Campbell before One-Bid #2. Ronald stood up and hesitated for a second before going to contestants' row. When, Bob asked why he hesitated, he explained that his father was Ronald Campbell, Sr. and that he was Ronald Campbell, Jr. Rod said that name on his list said only Ronald Campbell. Bob decied to let Ronald stay. After the item was shown (it was a workbench), Bob pointed out that after all that confusion, Ronald was looking to his father for a bid!

* Robert won a dining group in Now or Then. It was worth $8190, $470 more than the car Mary lost out on. The then date was June 1984.

* Kelli had to be one of the best Race Game players ever. She knew exactly where the prices belonged and didn't look at the audience at all. As a result, she won all 4 prizes in only 13 seconds.

* Kelli won the first showcase showdown with 90 cents. She was runner-up in the showcases and won. I don't remember who her opponent was.

* One-Bid #4 had a perfect bid. The item was a VCR ($600). When the bell rang for the perfect bid, Bob said to Alex, who bid $601: "Alex, I don't have a good feeling that 601 bid!" Alex: "That's including tax." Ronald won.

Hope that helps.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 07:38:22 AM »
Wow thanks!

Offline BigJ

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 02:10:24 PM »
Did anyone see the 22nd Season Premiere on the East Coast? If so can you recap it if you have it?

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »
My request is for the recap of my birthday (November 3, 1987).
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »
BigJ wrote:

Did anyone see the 22nd Season Premiere on the East Coast? If so can you recap it if you have it?

In all likelihood, no.  The Season 22 premiere was pre-empted everywhere in the country except for a small number of East Coast markets that were airing the show at 10:00 AM Eastern.  (Alfonzo lived in one of those markets, incidentally, but he's said many times that he doesn't remember a whole lot about the episode.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »
Ok...my turn!  Doubtful anybody has it...and a search turned up nothing so..

Direct from CBS.com FAQ on "TPiR":

Q: I seem to remember that one time The Price Is Right gave away an airplane in the late seventies or early eightys. Can you confirm that? Thanks!
A: Yes, we did!

A) Can somebody confirm?
B) Recap?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »
There was a Kennedy episode with an airplane in a Showcase.  I was sure there was a daytime episode with a picture in the Golden Gallery, but I've searched with no results.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »
It seems like a bunch of photos magically disappeared from Remember When? at some point.  I have no idea what happened to them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.