Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/17/2008  (Read 12246 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/17/2008
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
Showcases-Ok, there was no need for that stupid plug for the cash.  I really miss the trip skins.  It looked a bit awkward with Curtis just standing in front of Door #1, not being able to see his whole showcase.

This was the episode that I posted was accidently posted at cbs.com the day before Thanksgiving. And you are right curtis. This is why I think they should still refer back to the old trip skins if they are going to still do these types of showcases. It just looks odd having none of the doors open after the contestant wins.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Pricefreak2125

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »
Me too.  Drew is becoming a real jackass.

Don't you think that's WAY too harsh by saying that.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:42 PM »
We're back to normal entrances tomorrow at long last, right?

I'm really concerned about the life of Race Game after yet another slam of "you have to run around like an idiot" against a game and his clear statement of "I don't like this game at all."  Please, Drew, please do not push to have Race Game retired.

I watched this show three weeks ago when it was uploaded to Innertube, yet I still watched it again today.  If there was anything negative to comment on as far as the Showcases go [aside from the usual suckiness (cash plugs have gotten really old really fast)] it would be that today's "Parade of Prizes" was quite possibly the stupidest, senseless, and most ridiculous thing ever.  Standing around fanning a wad of cash because you can't display the trips you've won because you've only got frigging green screens to display is absolutely asinine.  If this isn't a cry of stupidity that demands the return of the trip skins, I don't know what will prove that they need to be reinstated now.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:11 PM »
I'm really concerned about the life of Race Game after yet another slam of "you have to run around like an idiot" against a game and his clear statement of "I don't like this game at all."  Please, Drew, please do not push to have Race Game retired.

Remember the old adage "If you repeat a lie enough, people will begin to believe it." ?

Again, here is his exact quote, and its context - contestant & Drew are talking about how they are both chubby. Drew's verbatim quote, in response to the contestant joking about his chubbiness (complete with improper grammar) is:

"I don't like this game at all if I had to play it. <laugh>"

So, seriously, stop it. I know half of this board hates Drew now, but if you're going to hate the guy, at least back it up with truth rather than a blatant mischaracterization of something that comes out of his mouth.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 11:39:37 PM »
And That's Too Much is a relatively quick car game, too.  Seriously, does Race Game take so long to play, that four of the six games have to be the almost absolute minimum time they could take to play, with a fifth being almost the minimum?  I mean, not counting Double Prices.  Roger was rarely so bad with the lineups.

Agreed, Frank. The only fault I had with Roger's lineups was when he slotted One Wrong Price and Double Prices back to back 5th and 6th during Bob's last year, other than that.....no complaints because he truly was a master when it came to this sort of thing.

Back to today,this lineup would have made at least a little more sense if It's In the Bag had been played rather than Pappy or if Spelling Bee had been played 1st over Money Game. I believe today shows once again that whoever is making out the lineups has no earthly idea what they are doing.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 02:14:27 AM »
really miss the trip skins.

Cosign!!!!  Even if they did the Green Screens for budget cuts, PLEASE GO BACK TO CONVENTIONAL TRIP PRESENTATIONS!!!

Joe

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
Again, here is his exact quote, and its context - contestant & Drew are talking about how they are both chubby. Drew's verbatim quote, in response to the contestant joking about his chubbiness (complete with improper grammar) is:

"I don't like this game at all if I had to play it. <laugh>"

Yes, I am aware that was the context under which he made the statement, though at the same time, I'm sure even you can agree that Drew has made some decisions and done some things on a whim that makes absolutely no sense because of his own opinion about something.

I know half of this board hates Drew now

If that is true, that should say something about Drew's character.

but if you're going to hate the guy, at least back it up with truth rather than a blatant mischaracterization of something that comes out of his mouth.

It's not just Drew.  It's the entire production staff.  Drew says one thing.  Syd could think another, and next thing you know, the game is gone.  Really, as silly as it may sound, very few pricing games have absolutely any security of their lives on the show anymore.  Almost every game is in jeopardy of potential retirement, and no matter what context Drew may make a remark saying, "I don't like this game at all if I had to play it," it's not a statement that's going to help the life of a pricing game.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
And That's Too Much is a relatively quick car game, too.  Seriously, does Race Game take so long to play, that four of the six games have to be the almost absolute minimum time they could take to play, with a fifth being almost the minimum?  I mean, not counting Double Prices.  Roger was rarely so bad with the lineups.
Maybe 26 minutes is the new 27.5?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Discboy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »
Does anyone every have anything to say on here OTHER then complaints? Geeze. No one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to watch if you hate it so much. OR, if you think you're such a great host/writer/producer/cameraman/contestant/announcer, why do you go to television city and take over the show.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
And no one's making you read our complaints.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »
Money: Seeing it played first may not be cool, but it's OK. Now that's one "stuffed" Mustang!! Too bad and after a good start, too.

CoG: Very nice.

Race: Dang it, Drew!!!!!!!!:headbang: The makeup looked relatively easy, too. Michael just didn't pull this one off.

TTM: I would've stopped at $22,444. Poor Martha.  :cry:

PickPair: Very nice.

Squeeze: I actually won this one.

Showcases: Neither was anything special, anyway. The ending with everybody standing behind the first door was the absolute worse ending ever!!!! :-(

A 1-star show. (MRRRRRRRPPPP) :cry: :-(

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
Game #61 (#6,982)

Showcase #1
Trip to New York - $6,516
Trip to Papaete - $7,016
Trip to Amsterdam - $4,500

Showcase #2
Treadmill - $1,299
Home Gym - $2,599
Exercise Bike - $799
Can-Am Spyder Roadster - $15,899

Total show prize value:  $136,063 (23 prizes)

Your Modeling Scorecard for December 17, 2008
Daily Records
High:  $77,771 (Claudia Jordan, 2001)
Low:  $19,295 (Heather Kozar, 2001)

Rachel Reynolds
December 17
Total dollars:  $26,849
($8,312 won, $18,537 lost)
Total prizes:  9 (7-2)
Cars, Trips:  0, 0

After 48 shows
Total dollars:  $2,557,391