Author Topic: A second Price Is Right videogame is in the works!!  (Read 9274 times)

Offline promchf

• In the Audience
  • Exactly 2148!
Re: A second Price Is Right videogame is in the works!!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
I would be willing to lose the "Bonus" video clips in lieu to make room for more pricing games. Most of us can go to Youtube or TPIR.tv to watch these clips anyway.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 01:34:58 PM »
I would be willing to lose the "Bonus" video clips in lieu to make room for more pricing games. Most of us can go to Youtube or TPIR.tv to watch these clips anyway.

Indeed, it would make more space for "prizes", although I dunno how much space that would end up being. Most of those bonus clips are fairly short.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline TVLubber

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
You have a point there, removing the bonus clips to make way for more prizes and pricing games. Hopefully Gas Money will be in the next one.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
And keep Rich as the voice of the game, he did an awesome job on the current one! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
JC,

if you guys need any help or extra info in deciding what the next wave of pricing games will be for TPIR 2, take a look at this website, it has info on every pricing game TPIR has ever had.

http://gscentral.net/pricing1.htm

Hope it helps ;-)

Offline price_37

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 06:49:21 PM »
I can't wait! ...But will Bob Barker or Drew Carey be hosting the video game, or will Rich Fields?
The title card for the 7th season on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wiiplayer9isback

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 10:18:27 AM »
I knew this would happen :)

Yes, we are working on a new version of TPIR - and it will blow your socks off! :)

Unfortunately, I can't talk about it much right now. All I can say is that once again I'm the lead designer on the project, and we're hard at work on it.

We are including a whole slew of pricing games amongst the most played and most popular while keeping all of our old pricing games. It's going to be a blast :)

I'd also like to say that Wildtangent was providing us with a lot of the actual advertising in the previous version (the real products versus the show capture ones) and there's nothing to be afraid of in terms in spyware or anything. Believe me, I'm the first person to complain about that sort of thing :)

I'll start an official thread once we can publish more information about the game. At the moment it's kind of difficult to talk about but as soon as I can I'll post updates :)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
One thing ... Keep Yves Corbeil on the French version!!!!!! ;)

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »
JC, is it possible, since we here @ Golden-Road.net are your "unofficial public game testers", that we could vote on and choose one of the Pricing Games? Like start a poll or something. Or maybe we can suggest some of the games we'd REALLY like to see in the game *cough*GoldenRoad*cough*  :P . Just a thought...
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
JC, is it possible, since we here @ Golden-Road.net are your "unofficial public game testers", that we could vote on and choose one of the Pricing Games? Like start a poll or something. Or maybe we can suggest some of the games we'd REALLY like to see in the game *cough*GoldenRoad*cough*  :P . Just a thought...

The game have all been already decided (and designed!)

I can tell you one thing though - we did use the thread I started as reference for our new pricing games. I'm sure you guys will be happy with what we're putting in. The bigger games are in. The only game I really would have liked and couldn't put in was Make Your Move (and this is due to the name sliders - we can't have those shortened product names for every product, sadly).

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »
That's good to hear! One other thing....are you allowed to tell us what platforms it'll be available on? I hope there's a 2nd Edition released for the Wii! It's so fun to play!
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »
That's good to hear! One other thing....are you allowed to tell us what platforms it'll be available on? I hope there's a 2nd Edition released for the Wii! It's so fun to play!

As of right now it will definitely be on the Wii. We had stellar Wii sales so it's a given. :)

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
Yes, we are working on a new version of TPIR - and it will blow your socks off! :)

Can't F***** Wait  :-D

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
Just out of curiosity, will anything be changed regarding the fonts? I understand the reasons why you were limited last time, and that it's a minor detail nobody outside of this forum probably cares about, but seeing the showcase podiums in sportstype instead of the proper eggcrate is...well...you know. :P

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Just out of curiosity, will anything be changed regarding the fonts? I understand the reasons why you were limited last time, and that it's a minor detail nobody outside of this forum probably cares about, but seeing the showcase podiums in sportstype instead of the proper eggcrate is...well...you know. :P

I'll ask our artists. The decision is ultimately in their hands :)