Author Topic: CSS Results for December 19  (Read 2084 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for December 19
« on: December 19, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »
As another week of CSS draws to a close, we have played sixty games, some good, some bad, and a few downright ugly. Today was pretty good for most, a few garfs here and there but some very nice bidding on the London trip showcase, including a $64 DSW from mikebev25. BRB_TheFireball was the only person to successfully break $30K on the MINI and wins it. Good points scores today too, even before doubling for Friday, the lowest raw score was still over 80.

Next week is Christmas Week, with all of the usual jollities and trimmings. Naturally, it's a short week as there is no first run show after Wednesday, but we'll make up quantity with quality!

Safe weekend to everyone, as the snow falls in the northeast...

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for December 19, 2008 -- Game 60

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CSS Results for December 19
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »
Well, this had to be my best CSS week ever, even though it was only 3 days. DSWs on Monday and Friday to go with another solid day yesterday. However, I shaved exactly 1,000 from my bid on SC2 right before I sent it. If I had kept my original bid, I would've QSWed! Oh well. I've been going more conservatively with my bids (I had 8 overbids in 9 playings before Monday and this week I got a good number of points all 3 times I played.)

Just got to find a way to keep it going. I should play most if not all games for the next little while.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
Six bids on London that had a good difference of less that $1000.  That's really good.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
My only OVER of the season is only $449. I've definitely improved...

EDIT: Tom, CBS has a first-run for Fri 12/26. :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:54:23 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
Pretty sweet, considering my brothers had control of the computer today, so I had to use my Wii to log in to the chat for the required time and to send my bids. I was thoroughly impressed with my London bid. Tis a shame it's only good for second. Would have been nice to win cash twice after the multi-week hiatus. One advantage of having my brothers around is that they're more knowledgeable with cars and approximate prices. Of course, if I had listened to my brothers and hit the middle of his range, I would have had a total difference of under $2000. Oh, well. I have a new vigor for this. See y'all next week.

P.S. Just got back from shoveling. Luckily, the rain that has now started to fall made it softer but heavier.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
HEY, I almost earned my first WSD!!!! Finally, i do something noticable... LOL
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:22:10 PM »
Sorry I missed CSS...I stayed home from work today, but had to deal with a family emergency at about 10:45.

So, if anyone was wondering why I quit talking in chat today...that's why.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »
Well, finally, I get some cash!  It's been so long since I last got cash that I can't even remember when I last got cash.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 11:06:31 PM »
$21,200/$26,600... the piano totally got me. It's a ND since Armadillo didn't play, though.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 11:31:57 PM »
I'm currently at my parents' house in the Atlanta area for Christmas break, and the Atlanta CBS affiliate cut into the first showcase with breaking local news.  Although I was able to get into chat quickly enough to not miss anything, it ultimately rattled my concentration and made me garf badly on the second showcase.  So, as the worst garfer of the day, I am forced to bring this out again:

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:41:02 PM »
Hi all:
Question regarding the top of the thread - I know Thursday is a repeat, but isn't Friday's show a first-run ep?

Kev

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »
Hi all:
Question regarding the top of the thread - I know Thursday is a repeat, but isn't Friday's show a first-run ep?

Kev

Yes it is. I won't be around, but play CSS nonetheless and I'll post it when I get back.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!