Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2008  (Read 21284 times)

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2008
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
I myself would like a little more variety in the slotting of car games. 1st and 4th every single show gets boring after a while. Go back to starting with a quickie like twice a week.

God I miss Roger.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
My thought on the audiance thing was if someone had come out from that row or block...
That`s where it might have been a problem

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »
I don't believe Drew is doing the game layouts now, is he?  If so, why have a production staff anymore ?  (Not a comment on UniquePerspective's post - just that I'd not heard that Drew was slotting the games, so it's news to me if he is).

Point taken, I just tend to say Drew's name to a lot of things since he's the representation of the show, and ever since I learned he writes the showcases, I think of him as starting to have a little power.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »
Lineup was a snoozefest.  If the timing has gone down to 26...there's no hope for Three Strikes.  Which sucks.  Major.

(But yet Bargain Game is on hiatus.  A really good quickie.  What the hell.)

Showcases were very enjoyable.  I don't like the prize recap...but if it's a choice between the recap and hideously written/themed/dialog, gimme the recap any day, every day.

And I was wrapping gifts for the upcoming holiday...totally missed the aisle shot.  When was it?

God I miss Roger.
The best words heard in quite a while.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:48:43 PM by tpirfan28 »
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
And I was wrapping gifts for the upcoming holiday...totally missed the aisle shot.  When was it?

I wanna say it was before IUFB 4, but I can't confirm it with 100% certainty.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:31:19 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:26 PM »
Maybe they have to play shorter games more frequent to make up for the time spent on the play at home stuff? If the time for pricing games has been sliced by another minute, it would make it a bit harder to come up with a good lineup everyday

Then maybe they don't need to do the play at home stuff IF it is taking away from actual on screen gameplay. I'd gladly sacrifice the play at home for actual gameplay.

I didn't make mention of this in my earlier post but I shudder to think of what we're gonna get tomorrow--i'll guarantee you we'll see Double Prices--I wouldn't put it past them to give us something like this...(sarcasm meter is on, but the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised...)

1) Range Game (for a car)
2) Flip Flop
3) Side by Side
4) Double Prices (for a car)
5) One Wrong Price
6) One Right Price

If they did trim gameplay down to 26 minutes lineups like this i'm pretty sure would be all we saw and just how sucky is that?!?

... but he's never come up with such a garbage lineup as this one, either.

I think garbage is too good for the lineup we saw today.  :P
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:58:58 PM by rob79 »

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
Does Xmas week start tomorrow? If so, maybe one of the Big Three/Two helps out get out of this lineup rut.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »
I wanna say it was before (One-Bid) 4, but I can't confirm it with 100% certainty.

It was definitely before One-Bid #4.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 10:38:44 PM »
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Susan
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »
Susan and Alvin are the reasons I watch TPIR. They were great today.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 10:52:42 PM »
Poor Alvin...if only he'd gone back to that 3 on the third number after his first turn, he'd have won Cover Up.

Speaking of Cover Up...does it seem to anyone else that car games are suddenly getting played fourth way too often?  Pretending for a moment that all the episodes have aired in order this season and the purple wheel shows were run back in the fall...six of the last 13 shows have had the second half's car game fourth.  It's getting so that it's not even special anymore.

I still don't like the green screens, but at least these new ones are nicer to look at.

The Showcase was actually good today!  Both of the showcases were genuine, well-written showcases, and the movie premiere being thrown into the second one was pretty cool.  And if I didn't know better, I'd say they taped this episode after Tuesday's broadcast, because Drew gave what was easily his best Showcase price reveal ever today -- he was practically channelling Bob there for about 45 seconds.

My guess is Drew thinks 11:30 is a good time to put in a car - that is, PG#4.

Except Act 4 ends at 11:30.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »

What was up with Drew's rambling on about Cover Up during Alvin's first turn, proclaiming it to be "the greatest game in the history of The Price Is Right" in a somwhat sarcastic tone?  Don't tell me this is yet another game he doesn't like.

In the past couple of months and particularly this game, he has made no bones that he hates to hear the losing horns, and 3 times in this game he pushes the price lever before the game can be declared officially over. As if he's giving the sound effects department a break. While I have enjoyed Drew, I think he's letting personal issues get in the way of the fun of this game show.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 01:08:52 AM »
I thought for the most part, Drew did a pretty good job hosting today. Had good energy, not too up or down, joked around a bit (liked the comment when the one audience member shouted out a bid after all 4 bids were in lol), one of his better performances. Didn't mind the thinner glasses either.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I didn't really pay that much attention to the lineup, for what it was, was a good show, though would have liked to have seen the products in Grand Game all revealed too. But other then that...

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2008, 01:20:07 AM »
Also, Drew has new glasses today.  I wonder if those glasses will be permanently worn or if he will go back to his signature round ones.

I understand he no longer wears the round glasses on the show.
John

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 01:44:58 AM »
Cool!  I think the ones he had on today look much better on him.