Author Topic: Prices at the grocery  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Prices at the grocery
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »
Then there's 'expiry dates'. Like mentioned above, even if you buy a product at discount near expiry, it doesn't mean it's going to expire at midnight of that day, which means more value for your buck if you save.

If you buy a block of cheese for half off the day before it expires, and use it the day after expiry, unless it has mold on it, it's most likely going to be fine, though, of course, it won't be the freshest. So, you still get the same product, but you save some money. Of course, the same doesn't go for other products such as meat and fish, which can go bad quickly and easily.
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
Another thing I just thought was if you are the type that loves buying things from the bakery wait until the evening hours, like 7 or 8, because they will start reducing prices on certain items. I don't know if a whole lot of other stores do this, but Meijer makes hot chickens dinners. The same rule of thumb applies here.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »
I work as a cashier too, at a Loblaws.  You would not believe the complaints I get from customers.

I remember a customer at one point, when our Canadian dollar was higher than your US dollar, had a Hallmark card, and asked to pay the US price!  Also, 2 weeks ago, I had another lady buy a piece of sausage, however, by fault of someone messing up with the price scan, it scanned at $300.00!  I imposed the right price of $6.99 and called for authorisation.