Author Topic: Show Canceled  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Bob_Barker

• Outside in Line
Show Canceled
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »
I have some high up connections at CBS and I was told that the 40th season will be the last for Price. That was horrible and sad news to say the least. I hope this doesn't happen, but from what I've been told everything is already set. I was also told that for the very last episode ever which is scheduled to air in May 2011 Bob Barker and Drew will co-host together and it will give away the most expensive prizes ever. Think of it as a MDS on steroids. Your thoughts?

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Re: Show Canceled
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
"Your thoughts?"

...that I don't buy a word of this.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
This is about the craziest thing i've heard or read.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
Ask me again in 2011.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:11:46 PM »
This is about the craziest thing i've heard or read.

rob79 is exactly right.

And to elaborate the reasoning further, if asked:

There's no way a show can predict itself three seasons in advance. We don't know if it'll even make it to season 40, and there's no way that a game show can map itself out three years in advance, to it's finale. The earliest we'd be able to hear of some special is when season 40 appears, if at all. Also, the way Bob Barker appears to have presented himself, he doesn't seem likely to appear on the show in any capacity, and in the same sense, there's no way you could book HIM three years in advance either, as well as the show.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Bob_Barker

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
please don't shoot the messenger I'm just passing along what I've heard.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »
Don't worry guys... it's just the Deranged Clown invading our boards again. :lol:

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:28 PM »
Also, the way Bob Barker appears to have presented himself, he doesn't seem likely to appear on the show in any capacity, and in the same sense, there's no way you could book HIM three years in advance either, as well as the show.

And who knows if Bob will even still be with us in 3 years. Remember he is 85, 3 years from now he'd be 88. Certainly not a guarantee he'll be around though I hope he will be.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:08 PM »
Remember when we had all these rumors before Drew started and most near all weren't true... Do we really need something like this thread to exist almost 3 years out?
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline Pricefreak2125

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
Unless there's an actual source that can back this up, I'm filing this under "insane internet rumor".  Besides, I highly doubt that the television industry actually works like that.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
I don't buy it.  This story was likely started by some stooge at CBS, and then passed along, in order to get people like us all riled up.  As for Bob being around 3 years from now, he likely will.  He seems to be in pretty good health (he keeps those skin cancers under control) but I doubt he would make an appearance on a final show if it were to occur.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:42 PM »
*files under LOL folder*
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 11:02:59 PM »
I have some high up connections at CBS and I was told that the 40th season will be the last for Price. That was horrible and sad news to say the least. I hope this doesn't happen, but from what I've been told everything is already set. I was also told that for the very last episode ever which is scheduled to air in May 2011 Bob Barker and Drew will co-host together and it will give away the most expensive prizes ever. Think of it as a MDS on steroids. Your thoughts?

Not to be mean, but who the hell told you that anyway???

Come May 2011, Bob might not even be with us, but if what you said really is the case, then what better way for the show to go out with a bang than him and Drew together on the same stage! And since the show began in 1972, the 40th season would actually end around June or July 2012, so you're at least one year off.

I don't buy it.  This story was likely started by some stooge at CBS, and then passed along, in order to get people like us all riled up.  As for Bob being around 3 years from now, he likely will.  He seems to be in pretty good health (he keeps those skin cancers under control) but I doubt he would make an appearance on a final show if it were to occur.

He went out with a bang at the end of Season 35, and I think he'd like to keep it that way.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »
This thread is going nowhere fast, and I predict more pages of "I don't buy that for a minute," so I'll lock it for now. If another moderator knows more about this topic than I do and wants to reopen the thread to confirm or deny info, please do so. Until then, not much else can be said without going around in circles.