Author Topic: Going to March 23rd; anyone else?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline ancorder

• Outside in Line
Going to March 23rd; anyone else?
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »
My wife and are using my spring break from graduate school to attend TPIR for the first time on March 23rd. We'd be happy to meet anyone else in line early in the morning; we're small-town folk and LA is a big city!

We're also on the lookout for an inexpensive place to stay. Hopefully distance won't matter much; what's the transit system like in LA? Is it even possible to get anywhere at 5 am, or will we have to end up taking a cab or something?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Going to March 23rd; anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
There's a couple of inexpensive places to stay that are actually a few blocks away from the studio:  the Rodeway Inn and the Bevonshire Lodge Hotel.  The transit system in L.A. relies on the Metro, and some of their buses run for 24 hours a day, but I wouldn't recommend taking public transportation at 5:00 AM.  Your best bet would be to take a cab--just call for a UNITED YELLOW CHECKER or any city-approved cab company (you'll find the city approval seal on any licensed cab); the sweet thing is this:  two people can ride in one cab for the price of one fare!  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.