Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/12/2009  (Read 13060 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/12/2009
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
The Price is Right - Jan. 12, 2009
Production #4581K - Taped Nov. 3, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left  
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Tamiko Nash, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood w/Amanda Shiflett
Wearing: Stop Staring

1   Comfort Spa-In-A-Box (A)
ANDREA *1200 MICHAEL 850 CHRISTOPHER 900 LOVIE 3000 ($1499)

Andrea from Albany, NY plays RANGE GAME for a trip to Dublin (Aer Lingus; 6n)(B)

Scale:$6300-$6900
Range:$6505-$6655
Price:$6570  WIN!

2   (Panasonic) Jukebox Theater System (T)
RICKY 1500 +Michael 1600 +Christopher *600 +Lovie 1550 ($899)

Christopher plays GAS MONEY for a Ford Fustion SE (Std., AT)(R)

1.(3) $22,489
2.(5) $25,876+1000
3.(4) $24,417+2000
4.(2) $20,841+4000BAILOUT AT $7000
5.(1) $21,775CAR

3   2 Dahon Espresso Mountain Bikes (A&R)
Ricky *1 +Michael 851 VEDA 800 +Lovie 850 ($795)

Ricky successfully employs the "Smeghead Gambit" to play HI LO for a Broyhill Fantana Dining Group and Noritake Crestwood China Dinnerware/Alere Stemware (T)($5980)

"HI" ROW(3) (Adkins Advantage) Chocolate Shakes (4 pk)$9.99
(1) Ester C Supplement (120)17.19
(5) Coricidin HBP (20)6.99
"LO" ROW(2) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (15 oz)1.29
(4) Clorox Anyware Hard Surface Cleaner2.99
(6) (McCormick) Food Color (4 pk)5.09WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$6,775RIcky30 + 20.50Through to Showcase Round
7,899Christopher30 + 65.95
8,069Andrea60 +   5.65

4   Apple MacBook Laptop Computer (B-in the Row)
KATE 1000 +Michael 1100 Veda 700 +Lovie *1200 ($1499)

Lovie from Moore Park, CA plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 8 9 7 5 3 0 4 6
Ford Ranger XL (Std., AT, AC, Seat, Prot, Moulding)(A&R)$1 9,3 8 –($19,382)
Delsey Helium 4 pc Luggage Set (T)$7 6 0LOSS
That Damned Piggy Bank$5.4 –(5.41)

5   Assorted Designer Perfumes (A&T)
Kate 150 +Michael 550 Veda *551 CRAIG 549 ($1023)

Veda plays RACE GAME

1st
Professional Camcorder[2000]
Designer Babywear[1472]
Howard Miller Coco Floor Clock [2915]
Dr. Dre Beats Headphones (2 pr)[ 700 ]
RIGHT[4]
TIME LEFT:31WIN!

Michael is stuck in the Row, and he probably doesn't like what he sees in the distance. It's Mimi, and she's chugging a Molson. She's also wearing a touque that says "FFBC." Will Michael be force to wear that to the "First Four" Breakfast Club? Not if he can use his last bid advantage with care, eh?

6   Flexsteel Roswell Sofa (R)
Kate 900 +Michael *1401 DANIELLE 500 Craig 1400 ($2420)

Michael from Kensel, ON escapes! He plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a Steam Shower Aerial Shower Unit (A)

Setup:3 5 2 9 0
Pick: $ 3 2 9 0
Price:$ 3 5 9 0   LOSS

Think "shower meets steam cabinet".

SHOWDOWN #2
$2,259Lovie20 + 85OV
2,420Michael50 + 20.70
8,170Veda45 + 551.00*$1000*   Bonus 85   Through to Showcase Round

Addendum to Veda's record: (2 Puny 1st Spins; Drew-aided thereafter)

SHOWCASE ROUND
Veda has the honor.

SC1-Veda (GE) Washer/Dryer (A)
Trip to Orlando (NWA Vacations; 4n @ WDW)(B)
Pontiac G6 (Std., Pref)(A)
BID$25,000
PRICE24,306
DIFFOVER
TOTAL$  9,170
SC2-Christopher Gold's Gym Membership (1 yr)(A&R)
Ashley Cross Island Bedroom Group
Comfortaire GS700 Sleep Set (T)
Trip to Buenos AIres (6n @ Caesar Park)(B)
BID$14,000
PRICE15,386
DIFF–1,386
TOTAL$23,285

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $52,042

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 01:49:35 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/12/2009
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
Solid lineup today, but I felt like there was time to have Bonus instead of Squeezy.

+Rangey: Set up to be easy, just off the middle.
+/-Gas: Yay, it seems games we haven't seen in months are reappearing! But it was set up so easy, it's a bit sad to see it just be a bailout. Repeating 7s don't matter when it's the only price ending in -5.
+Hi-Lo: I think Drew finally brought out the best in a contestant here, though I know some will think he took it too far.
-Any: My brain immediately picked up the 2 (a common paint protection ending in trucks), in fact, -382 seems to be a popular ending...but it was set up tough, amazing she got it down to the "end" of the game.
+Racey: It's clear she was preparing the prices and knew what to do, but I'm not sure if she heard how much time there was...good luck/job there.
+/-Squeezy: Random prize you don't need!
+/-SD2: Double puny no deserve a DIG...but I guess it must count.
-SC1: EL SUCK.
+/-SC2: Better.

SCs were very cheap today for their prices, see the CSS board for more on that... :P

B

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amanda did just fine. Hope she gets less nervous as we go on.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:20:53 PM »
Range: A fellow upstate New Yorker! Nice to see her win.
Gas: It returns! I thought it was between 20K and 21K. Good decision to bail there.
Race: This is not a contestant I would have expected to do so well at this game, but that was a quick win. I would have mixed up the baby clothes and the the headsets.
Squeezy: Another random new prize. 3590 just looked like the best educated guess.

SC1: Not good. I've seen worse Drewcases, but Drew and Rich banter=FAIL. Not the way to get Rich involved in showcases. Hopefully, we'll see no more of that when the airdates are right again. And was there anything at all in that G6?

SC2: C-H-E-A-P-O.

I really enjoyed the lineup today. Gas, Any #, and Race in the same show is just great. I may have switched Any and Race, but no complaints. Yay for no car/cash game first!

Drew seemed on his game today.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
EXTRA INPUT TIME!

Andrea and Craig both go to my school, Ithaca College. Craig's one of my friends, Andrea I just really know by name. For two reasons I was extra sad that Craig didn't go up. One is the obvious that we're friends, and two is that he's a big game show fan, and actually produces one at Ithaca College. But hey, at least Andrea got one IC student up top.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
Range Game: I sometimes like it when the price is right in the middle of the range.

Gas Money: For a moment, I thought Christopher would be the kind of person to go all the way. Good bailout.

Hi-Lo: Boy, was that food coloring was a tricky one; because I do not know how much food coloring costs.

Showcase Showdown 1: I think the Wheel gave Christopher more respect than Ricky.

Any Number: For a moment, I thought Lovie was asking for trouble when she continued to pick 7 and 5. I just didn't think 6 would be good for the last number.

Race Game: Boy, was this a good play. I myself would've spent another 15-20 seconds on a couple more chances.

Squeeze Play: I didn't see much of the play, but hearing that the 5 was taken out just sounded like it was a bad choice.

Showcases: I got to try that modified MGHS cue when I work out. Every time I hear it, I want to run in place and/or use a stair climber.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
Nice to see Gas Money and Race Game get some love today!  Thanks for an okay lineup, Adam!  Give us 3 Strikes and / or Triple Play soon!

I was also hoping for Bonus Game or More or Less to show up today.

The first showcase was a little too much today, imo.  Maybe a Rich the Musician (since Rod the Rapper has been used) could soon pop up?

At least Any # is better than the obvious choice, Money Game !!!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »
Drew was good to excellent for most of this episode.  He slipped a bit during the second Showcase Showdown, but overall, it was definitely closer to what we saw on the Christmas episodes.

Too bad I can't say the same about the Showcase...although at least the first one was only goofy and not mind-numbingly stupid.

Yay!  Gas Money!  I can't believe it's been a month and a half since this was played...that's ridiculously long for a game in its first season.

"Ricky Dangerfield" was awesome.  He was hilarious in his own right, and Drew really helped him along.

Veda was great, too...especially her reaction when she finally won Race Game.

Speaking of Race Game, Drew's hyper explanation of it wasn't bad.  I also thought it was interesting that he pulled the lever to have the timer brought up (and it actually worked, too!).

Amanda...eh.  I'd rather have Shane back.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline cmburke7

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »
EXTRA INPUT TIME!

Andrea and Craig both go to my school, Ithaca College. Craig's one of my friends, Andrea I just really know by name.  ...

I was online next to Craig when he was going through the Stanish inquisition, you could tell Stan was impressed with him.   The other thing that amused me was that he picked Amanda because she was in the same group from Ithaca as her friend Alyssa who won the Chevy Cobalt in the 1pm taping just before (aired 11/7/08) {they taped this one out of sequence to announce Amanda as the winner of the model search.} 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 08:52:28 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
Amanda...eh.  I'd rather have Shane back.

I Second, Third, Fourth...and beyond, the motion. But Amanda gets her week, and hopefully Price will quit looking for more.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »
Gassy:  Yay!  Gas Money shows up for the first time in a month and a half! :P $21,775 seemed like the most obvious price for the car, so I don't know how this game wasn't won.  Smart move to quit with $7,000.

Hi-Lo:  Ricky does a great Rodney Dangerfield.  He even looks like a young Rodney Dangerfield.  I'd put him down as a Contestant of the Year nominee just for that.

One-Bid #4:  It's not too often that we have two non-American contestants on the same show--Michael from Canada and Kate from either Australia or the UK.

Race:  Designer baby clothes.  A set of words that should not go together, IMHO.  Veda is another possible Contestant of the Year nominee.  Her giddiness before the game and her wheelie after her exacta were priceless.

SC #1:  Another frustrating Drewcase with Drew playing stupid.

SC #2:  Yay!  Zubaydah! :P A little unusual to hear this cue for a showcase without a home gym or game room.

My showcase bids:
Car--$25,707
Room/Argentina--$15,007
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
Remember years ago, guys, when we used to have "Steve Gavazzi Syndrome?"

When Lovie was running around like a madwoman at the beginning of Any Number, she rushed down to where Roger should have been standing...and there was Fingers.  That just felt so wrong.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
Remember years ago, guys, when we used to have "Steve Gavazzi Syndrome?"

I haven't been on here long enough on this site to know what Gavazzi syndrome is. Could you please explain?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »
I searched into the archives, and found something from nearly five years ago.  I think it means that one notices the most minute detail, that nobody else spots it unless they pay attention real closely.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »
For the record, I did notice that today - definitely reminded me of the DOB... :(
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »
Didn't get to catch the show today until the 6th pricing game, although that looks like an interesting Hi-Lo setup for sure (I might have messed up the shakes) and a pretty tricky Gas Money setup (good bailout there). Always exciting to see a full count Any Number too. Impressive Race Game win with all four right on the first try - don't see that often. The lineup was pretty solid today - wouldn't that over time? No small prize game, but that lineup was pretty long with both Race Game and Gas Money thrown in there. Having Hi-Lo instead of Pick a Pair or Grocery was curious because it made it even longer; I think that was a 28-minute line-up. Of course I'm about to do the timings, and then we'll really know the truth behind this lineup. Also, nice to see Hi-Lo in the first half. Might non-cash, non-car GPs start appearing regularly in the first half again?

Showcases? Eh. You know, I really don't like Drew and Rich banter, but this is the best I've seen it used yet. The showcase was mildly humorous, had a theme and was coherent all the way through. A showcase like today's could work if used really really rarely. The prices of the showcases though? Just wow. CHEAP. Go to the CSS forum and read the results post for today if you want to see PAIN personified (I blew a $62 DSW). :(

But now what you really came here for, the timings.

Range Game - 3:33
Gas Money - 4:49
Hi-Lo - 4:38
Any Number - 4:18
Race Game - 4:00
Squeeze Play - 2:55
Total time: 24:13 (wow! short! around a min shorter than last week's)