Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 164702 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
...Hm.

For whatever reason, several of the uploads have been made private, including the Baffle clips and Press Your Luck April Fool's joke.

It's public again.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Scratch that.  Those two videos are completely gone from Wink's You Tube page, but they are still playing on various sites.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:03:22 PM by jimlange »

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Tomorrow Wink is uploading a FULL pilot he hosted called On A Roll!!  Looks like fun!!

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see what this "On a Roll" game show is all about. I'm wondering if this was like a pilot for High Rollers that Alex Trebek hosted in the 70s.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
the "missing" vids are probably on Unlisted mode (I know the PYL one is)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Indeed it is.

(Also, I just now saw the way to make pictures into thumbnails. I feel quite ashamed at having not realized that before. :embarassed:)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
the "missing" vids are probably on Unlisted mode (I know the PYL one is)
So is the Baffle one.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Tomorrow Wink is uploading a FULL pilot he hosted called On A Roll!!  Looks like fun!!

Oh this looks neat! I've never even heard of this show before.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Here is the FULL pilot of On A Roll hosted by David Sparks!!  Sorry for the confusion of saying it was hosted by Wink.  Enjoy!!

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
That's actually a pretty neat show. High Rollers plus Wheel of Fortune, not a combination I'd have thought of, but it's actually pretty good. I would have watched a series of it.

I notice a lot of familiar sound effects, too. The buzz-in sound is the Family Feud buzz-in, and I swear that was the Price/CBS bell too.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I notice a lot of familiar sound effects, too. The buzz-in sound is the Family Feud buzz-in, and I swear that was the Price/CBS bell too.

Yeah, you're right! Those sounds are very familiar. I noticed a lot of bell ringing when the tossup for control the dice was solved.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Wink has put up clips of the last two Gambit episodes and the two Las Vegas Gambit episodes, all of which shall be uploaded in full soon:

The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
After noticing that On A Roll is a pretty cool amalgam of Wheel and High Rollers, this would've had some potential for it to be a series. I really did like it and David Sparks wasn't bad as the host of that show.

Also, there was the last 2 or 3 seconds of Dig We Must when the male contestant solved both puzzles.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:26:19 AM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Just checked, taped at Television City, Studio 33 (Bob Barker Studio)

(per the CBS Television City website under "Shows" menu, February 1986 listings show an "On A Roll Pilot")

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Also around 4:30 when the contestant guessed "Jack and Jill" and was incorrect, isn't that the buzzer sound effect that's used if the contestant steps on a wrong number in Pathfinder on The Price is Right?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.